What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL 2018 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread (2 Viewers)

“Rookie running backs could disappoint

I love rookie running backs and we had seven taken in the first two rounds of the NFL draft in 2018, tied for the most the past decade. I expected this summer to feel like a kid in a candy store getting bargains on these runners. But it’s been a really bad summer for most of them.

Rashaad Penny clearly wasn’t going to start even before breaking his hand. Sony Michel can’t supplant Rex Burkhead. Ronald Jones is looking up on the depth chart to an undrafted back. Kerryon Johnson is running behind LeGarrette Blount, who seemed washed last year when he couldn’t even convert on the goal line (a pathetic 1-for-9). It turns out this is not that unusual. All first- and second-round packs the past 10 years have averaged 13 games, six starts and 10.1 PPR points per game (8.2 in standard).”

ooooofffffff!!!!

Tex

“Rookie running backs could disappoint

I love rookie running backs and we had seven taken in the first two rounds of the NFL draft in 2018, tied for the most the past decade. I expected this summer to feel like a kid in a candy store getting bargains on these runners. But it’s been a really bad summer for most of them.

Rashaad Penny clearly wasn’t going to start even before breaking his hand. Sony Michel can’t supplant Rex Burkhead. Ronald Jones is looking up on the depth chart to an undrafted back. Kerryon Johnson is running behind LeGarrette Blount, who seemed washed last year when he couldn’t even convert on the goal line (a pathetic 1-for-9). It turns out this is not that unusual. All first- and second-round packs the past 10 years have averaged 13 games, six starts and 10.1 PPR points per game (8.2 in standard).”

ooooofffffff!!!!

Tex
I tried to tell everybody to trade out of this 1st round.......got laughed out of the forum that day.......

things change fast in the NFL.....come Halloween someone will be like....gee I cant believe I got Ronald Jones in the 8th round....look at him now.....kinda of thing.
I get that but you can trade for them when they are down. All the spots these RB got drafted were bad except Barkley and Freeman....with Freeman being murky a little too. I just stated they would all be depreciating assets as soon as the season started and suggested trading out of the 1st round. 

This forum is tough when you state things against the consensus. 

I get that but you can trade for them when they are down. All the spots these RB got drafted were bad except Barkley and Freeman....with Freeman being murky a little too. I just stated they would all be depreciating assets as soon as the season started and suggested trading out of the 1st round. 

This forum is tough when you state things against the consensus. 
In dynasty people don't typically panic sell on first rounders, nor does not starting right off the bat to mid level veteran incumbents mean a death blow.....re-draft is a different animal....you can easily lock up a backfield in TB,Denver, Seattle now....Sony Michel got really cheap all of a sudden..I see opportunity here big time 

kudos for you with going with what you think rather than the status quo....but its alittle early for I told you so's they haven't played a game yet

Last edited by a moderator:
In dynasty people don't typically panic sell on first rounders, nor does not starting right off the bat to mid level veteran incumbents mean a death blow.....re-draft is a different animal....you can easily lock up a backfield in TB,Denver, Seattle now....Sony Michel got really cheap all of a sudden..I see opportunity here big time 

kudos for you with going with what you think rather than the status quo....but its alittle early for I told you so's they haven't played a game yet
They've already lost value since they were drafted but ok. 

Milkman said:
Odb lost value and was traded cheap in many leagues I was in. I remember after the first month someone new to dynasty wanted opinions on the wr rankings that year and he didn't see how anyone couldn't have Kelvin Benjamin as the top rookie wr in dynasty. Gordon's value fell off a cliff after his first year. There's dozens of examples. They haven't even played a real game yet. If you drafted someone, be patient and wait. The worst advice I've seen in a long while.

Milkman said:
Odb lost value and was traded cheap in many leagues I was in. I remember after the first month someone new to dynasty wanted opinions on the wr rankings that year and he didn't see how anyone couldn't have Kelvin Benjamin as the top rookie wr in dynasty. Gordon's value fell off a cliff after his first year. There's dozens of examples. They haven't even played a real game yet. If you drafted someone, be patient and wait. The worst advice I've seen in a long while.

Lol you buy them then. Worst double post I've seen in a while. 

Milkman said:
Curious as to where you stand on a player like Joe Mixon.  He had what most would call a sub-par year as a rookie and has performed almost as bad a Ronald Jones in this preseason. Has he lost significant value?  I’m asking because I don’t see it on this board. In his thread everyone is talking about how he “flashes” but the production (so far) has not been there. 

Curious as to where you stand on a player like Joe Mixon.  He had what most would call a sub-par year as a rookie and has performed almost as bad a Ronald Jones in this preseason. Has he lost significant value?  I’m asking because I don’t see it on this board. In his thread everyone is talking about how he “flashes” but the production (so far) has not been there. 
Mixon for me is a buy. I think he's a great talent. He has gained value even though Cincy's run game has done poorly. So I'm basically blaming Cincy's play xalling and OL. 

John Ross may help.......after he houses a couple 50 yarders. 

Lol you buy them then. Worst double post I've seen in a while. 
I can't imagine people are dumb enough to sell in the leagues I'm in. You are the king of the overreaction. Ware has 3 good games and he'll be a top 10 asset in a year. A rookie missed 2 preseason games and hes a bust. It doesn't mean anything in the long run.

I can't imagine people are dumb enough to sell in the leagues I'm in. You are the king of the overreaction. Ware has 3 good games and he'll be a top 10 asset in a year. A rookie missed 2 preseason games and hes a bust. It doesn't mean anything in the long run.
Yeah so what about my calls on David Johnson, Tyreek Hill, Adam Thielen, Evan Engram. Love how you leave them out. 

Lol worst post I've read in a 5 hours. 

I called this draft weak right after it happen. In the beginning at least it appears weak. Just put me on ignore bro and I'll do the same. You have done nothing to help my fantasy teams. If I haven't helped yours why read my posts?

I can't believe that you're allowed to continually take a dump in thread after thread around here. 

Would you give it a freaking rest already?
I didn't do anything but defend myself when attacked. You can certainly ignore me too. I mean if all I'm doing is ruining threads for you why haven't you yet? Seems like an easy decision.... geez. I just state my opinion, defend it a little, and move on. Lately I have tried very hard not to attack back. I did a little here but nothing crazy and again I was attacked first. 

I didn't do anything but defend myself when attacked. You can certainly ignore me too. I mean if all I'm doing is ruining threads for you why haven't you yet? Seems like an easy decision.... geez. I just state my opinion, defend it a little, and move on. Lately I have tried very hard not to attack back. I did a little here but nothing crazy and again I was attacked first. 
But that's not all you do. You bounce from thread to thread and stomp around like a horny gorilla touting your "takes" as if you're the only one making them. 

And my ignoring you won't prevent you from derailing thread after thread as you troll user after user. 

The crazy thing is that you do have decent takes from time to time. If your delivery wasn't so obnoxious it would actually contribute to the Pool. As it is, though, it just pollutes the place. It's tiresome. 

But that's not all you do. You bounce from thread to thread and stomp around like a horny gorilla touting your "takes" as if you're the only one making them. 

And my ignoring you won't prevent you from derailing thread after thread as you troll user after user. 

The crazy thing is that you do have decent takes from time to time. If your delivery wasn't so obnoxious it would actually contribute to the Pool. As it is, though, it just pollutes the place. It's tiresome. 
Soooo, you guys are dating... right? :unsure:

I have not been trolling user after user lately. I did in the past but i have stopped for the most part. Reputations are tough to break though. I will defend myself but I am making a conscious effort to chill more. 

Yeah so what about my calls on David Johnson, Tyreek Hill, Adam Thielen, Evan Engram. Love how you leave them out. 

Lol worst post I've read in a 5 hours. 

I called this draft weak right after it happen. In the beginning at least it appears weak. Just put me on ignore bro and I'll do the same. You have done nothing to help my fantasy teams. If I haven't helped yours why read my posts?
No need to put anyone on ignore.

Everyone be way cooler if you want to continue posting here. 100% up to you.

Training Camp & Preseason have concluded again for another year, so my work in this thread is just about complete.

I hope that the information curated here was helpful to many of those who participate in the Shark Pool community here at FBG.

I would also like to thank those who also took the time to post information that they came across as your efforts were appreciated.

your fingers must be worn to the bone from typing! thanks so much for all of this great info Faust, year after year!!!

you're the best

(Geronimo) Allison is without question the No. 3 wide receiver. He really answered the bell this summer.

Friday, Aug 31, 2018 10:30 AM  Mike Spofford packers.com senior writer

Combine that with the Cobb on the trade block and in the last year on the team information.

Users who are viewing this thread