What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2016 Philadelphia Eagles* - The year of Change (1 Viewer)

Scenes from Howie's Phone

<To Schefter> Looking at alternative options to SB if long term price too high. If Rams cut Foles, could come back. Doug loves him.

30 minutes later...

<From Les B> Seriously? :eyeroll emoji:

<To Les B> Relax, just ####### with Condon. $25m? #### him. Can you quickly tweet something, tell them to put the pitchforks down? TIA.

Exactly. And if they don't think they're good, then I dont want one. I agree the likely scenario is Goff/Wentz going before 13. I just don't think we should put all our apples counting on one player. If Bradford is gone before the draft, we're going to need a miracle in the first round. If we tag him, then we can just forget about QB (unless someone good slips) and move on here. The odds are not in our favour of a franchise QB falling to exactly 13.
The Eagles wouldn't have to draft a QB in the first round. They could take a chance on a second (Don't currently have one) or third rounder while bringing in Chase Daniels. There's a lot of pundits and fans high on Daniels and perhaps Pederson feels he could be just as productive as Bradford in his offense. If the team feels Daniels can be a legit NFL QB, they can bring him in and keep looking in the draft each year.
The bad news is that's a low-percentage strategy these days. Here are the draft positions of this season's top 20 finishers at QB:

2-32
1-4
6-199
1-1
1-3
1-1
1-3
1-1
1-8
4-102
1-1
3-75
2-36
1-11
7-250
1-1
1-24
1-1
1-11
1-1

Fourteen out of the 20 were first-rounders - fifteen if you count Brees, who was a top-32 pick - despite first-rounders being a very small subset of the overall QB draft pool.

The good news is that the quality of the top end of the QB draft pool varies widely from year to year, but team needs are what they are right now. For example, it's not as though the Titans are gonna draft a QB, regardless of whether this year's #1-rated QB is 20% better or 20% worse than the average draft class' top QB, and so on down the line. So just because a guy is available for the Birds at 13 doesn't mean he's not deserving of being picked there.

Having said that, I'd generally prefer an unproven second-tier vet (even a guy like Daniel) over an equally unproven random second-tier rookie, just because of survivor bias. I feel people in general underestimate the baseline level of skill needed to even remain in the NFL for more than a couple of years, and the fact that a guy has stuck around for 6 years without getting bumped by a younger, more promising kid tells me at least something about his potential to perform.
Agree on this. Would rather have Bradford, but if the choice were between trying out Case or praying a 3rd rounder hits, I'd coose Chase every day.

Jeff, Howie, Doug and Jim please build a great defense. Defense can win championships with an average, at best, quarterback.

Mighty Mice said:
Insein said:
I heard the audio just now. Shefter actually said it on TV.
Yep. Was marinating my wings in the kitchen and listening along on ESPN. I always liked Nick Foles. Tough kid. Good guy. Wouldn't be against it. Doesn't appear to be grounded in reality, though.

As discussed, Chase Daniels may be a good cheap option and his Pederson ties are obvious. Lots of talk re: benching Alex Smith when they were 1-5.
Euphemism?

oh, boy.

Updated 4 mins ago
PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --
Sources tell Action News that two off-duty Philadelphia police officers were assaulted by former Eagles player LeSean McCoy.

Both officers were hospitalized as a result of the incident.

It happened around 2:30 a.m. Sunday at the Recess Lounge located at 125 South 2nd Street in Old City.

It was there that McCoy, and a friend, were involved in a physical altercation with the two officers, sources said.

Sources also say that while McCoy and his friend were not arrested, they are the focus of the investigation.

A police report was made at the time the incident took place, those sources added.

Action News has reached out to McCoy's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, for comment.

McCoy now plays for the Buffalo Bills.

McCoy police report

On Sunday, February 7, 2016, at approximately 2:45am, the Complainants were inside a Nightclub located at 1XX S. 2nd Street. An argument ensued as to the ownership of a bottle of Champaign, which led to pushing and shoving. At this point all below Suspects, engaged in a physical altercation with Complainant#1 who was then punched and knocked to the ground. While on the ground he was punched, kicked and stomped about his body and head multiple times by all four Suspects. Complainant#2 and security guards intervened and broke up the attack and all parties were ejected from the club. Complainant#1 transported himself to the Hospital where he was treated for a laceration to his right eye, broken nose, broken ribs, and a sprained thumb. Complainant#2, was admitted to the Hospital where he received eight stitches over his left eye and is currently receiving treatment for a possible skull fracture. The four suspects were subsequently identified through photographs by the complainants and by the security guards. Video surveillance was recovered from the outside of the club which shows both parties being ejected from the club; however, the incident itself wasn’t captured on video.
The investigation is active and ongoing; all updates will be sent upon availability.
Complainant #1: 40yrs old B/M off Duty Philadelphia Police Officer
Complainant #2: 40yrs old B/M, off duty Philadelphia Police Officer.

Suspect #1: 27yrs old B/M
Suspect #2: 30yrs old B/M
Suspect #3: 27yrs old B/M
Suspect #4: 26yrs old B/M

The complainants in this incident were off duty Philadelphia Police Officers and the Suspect are reported to be members of the National Football League.
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/?pm-blogs=birds247#BSpDWc184xzLWsK9.99

McCoy police report

On Sunday, February 7, 2016, at approximately 2:45am, the Complainants were inside a Nightclub located at 1XX S. 2nd Street. An argument ensued as to the ownership of a bottle of Champaign, which led to pushing and shoving. At this point all below Suspects, engaged in a physical altercation with Complainant#1 who was then punched and knocked to the ground. While on the ground he was punched, kicked and stomped about his body and head multiple times by all four Suspects. Complainant#2 and security guards intervened and broke up the attack and all parties were ejected from the club. Complainant#1 transported himself to the Hospital where he was treated for a laceration to his right eye, broken nose, broken ribs, and a sprained thumb. Complainant#2, was admitted to the Hospital where he received eight stitches over his left eye and is currently receiving treatment for a possible skull fracture. The four suspects were subsequently identified through photographs by the complainants and by the security guards. Video surveillance was recovered from the outside of the club which shows both parties being ejected from the club; however, the incident itself wasn’t captured on video.
The investigation is active and ongoing; all updates will be sent upon availability.

The complainants in this incident were off duty Philadelphia Police Officers and the Suspect are reported to be members of the National Football League.
ok, I take it back, that sounds very bad... regardless of legal action - Goodell is going to bring the hammer for this.

McCoy police report

ok, I take it back, that sounds very bad... regardless of legal action - Goodell is going to bring the hammer for this.
Sounds like 4 NFL players hospitalized two off-duty cops. Since it was in Philly, hoping that current Eagles are not involved.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/08/lesean-mccoy-all-4-beating-suspects-are-nfl-players-cops-say/

Suspect #1 - McCoy (27yrs old)

Last edited by a moderator:
McCoy police report

I'm offended at their spelling of Champagne.

McCoy police report

Sounds like 4 NFL players hospitalized two off-duty cops. Since it was in Philly, hoping that current Eagles are not involved.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/08/lesean-mccoy-all-4-beating-suspects-are-nfl-players-cops-say/

Suspect #1 - McCoy (27yrs old)
Maybe Desean came up to watch the Super Bowl with Mccoy

We gave Donovan hell for throwing up. That was trying too hard. Imagine if he bailed on a fumble. Dear god.

That sucks about McCoy. I was recently thinking that maybe we trade Murray back to the Cowboys and with how well Karlos Williams ran for Buffalo that McCoy could find his way on the trade block.

That sucks about McCoy. I was recently thinking that maybe we trade Murray back to the Cowboys and with how well Karlos Williams ran for Buffalo that McCoy could find his way on the trade block.
Out of the Foles, McCoy, Desean, Maclin group, Maclin is the only one I'd want back here.

Just imagine if that's an Eagles QB who doesn't go for the fumble like Cam did last night
Imagine you can't move the ball and finally complete a pass to a speedy WR who gets loose in the secondary but decides to run out of bounds several yards in front of the safety to avoid the hit.

Finally got rid of cooper, one of the most average wr I can remember. How he kept his job so long, esp with the racism thing, is amazing to me. Good riddance

Philly native Jahri Evans released by NOLA. Malcolm Jenkins 'recruiting' him. 32 years old, had some recent injury issues. Played hurt in 2014/2015. Saints saved $3.2M by releasing him, but most beat writers there think he will be missed. If healthy, I love him over Tobin. Age and injuries, though. Wonder what he is looking for. Was set to make $8.2M before the cut, but no way he gets that.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/2/8/10944312/malcolm-jenkins-jahri-evans-eagles-saints-new-orleans-guard-offensive-line-Philadelphia

ETA: My ideal situation would be to use #13 on a G who can slide over to RT to replace Lane Johnson in a year or two when he moves to LT. Assuming Peters rebounds thanks to decreased tempo and DP giving him some rest days during the week - something Chip refused to do - he has another season in him.

We need linemen. Especially G. Evans is worth kicking the tires on, along with Allen (KC). Maybe a FA and a pick, along with Gardner returning from injury.

Philly native Jahri Evans released by NOLA. Malcolm Jenkins 'recruiting' him. 32 years old, had some recent injury issues. Played hurt in 2014/2015. Saints saved $3.2M by releasing him, but most beat writers there think he will be missed. If healthy, I love him over Tobin. Age and injuries, though. Wonder what he is looking for. Was set to make $8.2M before the cut, but no way he gets that.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/2/8/10944312/malcolm-jenkins-jahri-evans-eagles-saints-new-orleans-guard-offensive-line-Philadelphia

ETA: My ideal situation would be to use #13 on a G who can slide over to RT to replace Lane Johnson in a year or two when he moves to LT. Assuming Peters rebounds thanks to decreased tempo and DP giving him some rest days during the week - something Chip refused to do - he has another season in him.

We need linemen. Especially G. Evans is worth kicking the tires on, along with Allen (KC). Maybe a FA and a pick, along with Gardner returning from injury.
Would love Evans. As soon as NO released him I thought we should go after him given the right contract. I think Pederson values linemen more then Chip does and will make sure we get the line right.

"Wonder if Chip is happy about the Shady news, or upset that he took down more guys then Kiko did this year"

:lmao:

I wonder if Jack Conklin could fit this bill.

I keep seeing him falling to the end of the first. Too bad we don't have a 2nd. Sigh

Insein said:
Long Ball Larry said:
I keep seeing him falling to the end of the first. Too bad we don't have a 2nd. Sigh
we get it.

Insein said:
Long Ball Larry said:
we get it.
Not your fault. Chips fault. He took a chance on a mediocre QB that he knew would cost a fortune to keep but gave up a draft pick to get him anyway.

Insein said:
Long Ball Larry said:
we get it.
Not your fault. Chips fault. He took a chance on a mediocre QB that he knew would cost a fortune to keep but gave up a draft pick to get him anyway.
It was a good trade. They got rid of a QB who played so poorly that he got benched for Case Keenum. Whether or not this regime chooses to resign Bradford, has nothing to do with Kelly and the trade he made. Since Foles is cutable and a non-factor, he traded a second round pick for Bradford. I'd do that any day.

Insein said:
Long Ball Larry said:
we get it.
It was a good trade. They got rid of a QB who played so poorly that he got benched for Case Keenum. Whether or not this regime chooses to resign Bradford, has nothing to do with Kelly and the trade he made. Since Foles is cutable and a non-factor, he traded a second round pick for Bradford. I'd do that any day.
He was a poor trade. He traded a 2nd round pick for a QB that did not improve his offense from the previous two seasons and was only a 50/50 shot to stay due to the money he would command. In the NBA or Baseball if you give up value for a 1 year player who doesn't resign and you didn't ein anything during that period, its a failure. This was a bad trade plain and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread