What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2016 Philadelphia Eagles* - The year of Change (2 Viewers)

IDK, that money says he's playing LT this year. He got his feet wet this past year and the new deal. Prepare yourselves for Peters to be one of the cuts IMO
I can definitely see that too. He's scheduled to have a $9.7m cap hit. Either way they want the deal redone.

Peters was a shell of himself this past season and left almost every game early. Next year will most likely be even worse.

Peters was a shell of himself this past season and left almost every game early. Next year will most likely be even worse.
Counterpoint possibility, is that much of that was due to the constant hurry up wearing him down. We might see an improvement this year (not a resurgence to 2013, but still).

Peters quit on Kelly. I think a few others did too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Peters revert back to his old self this offseason.

Peters quit on Kelly. I think a few others did too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Peters revert back to his old self this offseason.
Peters has been on a 2-year decline. I get that some may be on Kelly but he hasn't done well for a while now. Next year could be rock bottom. IMO, he's not a tackle anymore.

Wow, that's a lot of cheddar for Fletcher Cox from you guys. Surprised they made him the next $100M Man BEFORE this season even starts...he was definitely going to be one after this season either way though. The DC they hired is the guy who created the huge years that got Haynesworth and Suh paid, right? And both those guys left their own teams in FA so at least they get to hang onto their star DL...plus they hired his college coach as the DL coach, so they are ALL IN, in terms of building their defense around their best player and letting him wreak havoc.

Edit: Seems the twitter report about his extension was false. Never mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's a lot of cheddar for Fletcher Cox from you guys. Surprised they made him the next $100M Man BEFORE this season even starts...he was definitely going to be one after this season either way though. The DC they hired is the guy who created the huge years that got Haynesworth and Suh paid, right? And both those guys left their own teams in FA so at least they get to hang onto their star DL...plus they hired his college coach as the DL coach, so they are ALL IN, in terms of building their defense around their best player and letting him wreak havoc.

It wasn't Les Bowens account but Cox more than likely will get around 100 million anyway.

Ya they corrected it and said it was just a rumour. It probably will be close to that though. It's going to seem like a huge deal when they announce it, but it will seem like a bargain when we're here talking next January.

Just looked at last years Cowboys Thread and it was up for nearly a full year and had 1212 posts in 50 weeks. We have already passed that in 4 weeks. Crazy.

I am not an expert on breaking down film and players, but Cox was a force this year and by all accounts he will be even better as a DT in a 4-3, so he is definitely going to get paid a lot. His arms are freaking enormous. If you focus him on defensive plays, half the time he just pushes his blocker straight back with ease.

EvilLesBowen

I am not an expert on breaking down film and players, but Cox was a force this year and by all accounts he will be even better as a DT in a 4-3, so he is definitely going to get paid a lot. His arms are freaking enormous. If you focus him on defensive plays, half the time he just pushes his blocker straight back with ease.
Completely agree. Key to success for this front is Schwartz scheming Cox into 1:1 matchups. The use of Cox and Murray are great examples of why Chip failed as a coach, outside any of anything else. All his talk about adapting scheme to players and adopting ideas from outside was BS. He was completely rigid in his approach, even if that meant the team's best player and his handpicked, overpaid RB didn't reach their potential because of it.

I have a friend who's an SF fan. I'm having a great time scaring the crap out of him. Hey, at least they don't have any good players to cut/trade.

Like a GM with no/little input from owner or coach. Seems like they were dangling this "we're hiring someone to head personnel" without any real intention of having someone come in. That, or Howie convinced him he didn't need help.

Eagles DE Vinny Curry has agreed to a five-year deal worth $47.25 million. $23 million guaranteed.

Per Albert Breer twitter
Yep, sounds like we made him an offer before the season was over. Really wanted him back.

Pretty big contract. But I like we have all these guys for a few years. Shows we are going for it in the next 2-3 years so I can't see us doing that with Chase or a Rookie.

Front 7 under Schwartz is young and talented. Graham/Curry/Barwin off the edge in a 4-3, with Cox and Logan (and Allen) in the middle is one heck of a front 4.

Kiko is a more natural WIL than an OLB and another year removed from injury should be improved. Hicks should man the MIKE and Kendricks the SAM. Seems like guys at their more natural fits.

Like the front 7 and excited what they can do under Schwartz and a huge swing in TOP.

One thing good about Howie is he can manage the cap and lock up guys to team friendly extensions. Like keeping Ertz/Celek/Johnson/Graham.

Eagles DE Vinny Curry has agreed to a five-year deal worth $47.25 million. $23 million guaranteed.

Per Albert Breer twitter
Yep, sounds like we made him an offer before the season was over. Really wanted him back.Pretty big contract. But I like we have all these guys for a few years. Shows we are going for it in the next 2-3 years so I can't see us doing that with Chase or a Rookie.
Pederson doesn't sound like he's in a hurry.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/02/will_the_eagles_re-sign_sam_bradford_doug_pederson.html

"I just think that's the most important position on the field," Pederson said during a radio interview with Mike Missanelli on 97.5 The Fanatic, Tuesday. "That's the leader of your team. That's the face of the franchise. Everything is going to run through the head coach and the quarterback.

"Free agency doesn't start until a little over a month from now. We've got some time. We're going to evaluate that position. At the end of the day, we're going to have the right guy for the Philadelphia Eagles. That's just the way we're going to approach it."

Like a GM with no/little input from owner or coach. Seems like they were dangling this "we're hiring someone to head personnel" without any real intention of having someone come in. That, or Howie convinced him he didn't need help.
Why would any team even let us interrupt their off-season by allowing us to interview a good candidate?

And Howie (IMO) is doing everything he is supposed to do far this off-season. If he extends and Cox and finds a way to bring back Bradford that's all we could ask.

And Howie (IMO) is doing everything he is supposed to do far this off-season. If he extends and Cox and finds a way to bring back Bradford that's all we could ask.
It looks to me like they are calling Condons bluff and seeing if he actually gets a big offer. They see the teams in need and probably think he won't get a mega deal so he'll come crawling back for a lesser deal.

And if he does get paid, they probably weren't that interested anyway. They seem to be playing this like they'd take him at a $15-17m number but aren't going to to go out of their way of he wants more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deamon said:
Insein said:
Deamon said:
Like a GM
Pure speculation here... but I think their failure to hire a personnel head is mostly attributable to the low level of power they were offering. I believe Lurie was being intentionally vague when he declined to elaborate on what the front office structure would be, because he was willing to offer a potential personnel chief more or less power depending on the caliber of the candidate. Since the Eagles were apparently rebuffed in their attempts to interview several teams' executives, I'm thinking that they decided that the quality of candidates who were made available to them did not warrant an offer of much power. And thus, the job was really not very attractive.

Then again, maybe the word is out that Howie doesn't play well with others.

Deamon said:
Insein said:
Deamon said:
Like a GM
Pure speculation here... but I think their failure to hire a personnel head is mostly attributable to the low level of power they were offering. I believe Lurie was being intentionally vague when he declined to elaborate on what the front office structure would be, because he was willing to offer a potential personnel chief more or less power depending on the caliber of the candidate. Since the Eagles were apparently rebuffed in their attempts to interview several teams' executives, I'm thinking that they decided that the quality of candidates who were made available to them did not warrant an offer of much power. And thus, the job was really not very attractive.Then again, maybe the word is out that Howie doesn't play well with others.
Or they basically said Howie's the GM and you report to him so no one that's looking to become a GM was interested.

Kaepernick wants out of San Fran. I would trade Bradford for Kaep and a 3rd this year. Bring in another free agent to compete with him and see how Kaep can do with some strong QB coaches:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/2/2/10901106/colin-kaepernick-trade-rumors-49ers-san-francisco-quarterback-chip-kelly-eagles-sam-bradford-jets

ETA: or trade Bradford to san fran for their #7 overall pick this year, and another pick next year contingent on how Bradford does
Guess all those reports about how badly Chip wanted to work with Kap were a bunch of BS.

Deamon said:
Insein said:
Deamon said:
Like a GM
Pure speculation here... but I think their failure to hire a personnel head is mostly attributable to the low level of power they were offering. I believe Lurie was being intentionally vague when he declined to elaborate on what the front office structure would be, because he was willing to offer a potential personnel chief more or less power depending on the caliber of the candidate. Since the Eagles were apparently rebuffed in their attempts to interview several teams' executives, I'm thinking that they decided that the quality of candidates who were made available to them did not warrant an offer of much power. And thus, the job was really not very attractive.Then again, maybe the word is out that Howie doesn't play well with others.
Or they basically said Howie's the GM and you report to him so no one that's looking to become a GM was interested.
I'm assuming that everyone who works in an NFL front office thinks wants to be a GM someday. But there are stepping stones to that position. Something about the Eagles makes them an unattractive stone.

Kaepernick wants out of San Fran. I would trade Bradford for Kaep and a 3rd this year. Bring in another free agent to compete with him and see how Kaep can do with some strong QB coaches:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/2/2/10901106/colin-kaepernick-trade-rumors-49ers-san-francisco-quarterback-chip-kelly-eagles-sam-bradford-jets
I'd take a 2nd for Bradford and Kaep can go do whatever. Come on Chip. Bradfords worth a 2nd right?
Stop the "trade" Bradford stuff as it would have to be a sign and trade and that means Bradford signing long term in SF. Won't happen.

Kaep would be horrific in our WCO, I wouldn't take him and a third for Sam at ALL. Even a 2nd unless we have another plan at QB. This year is NOT the class for us to get our future QB in , so if you guys are fine on tanking and waiting for next years 1st round to get our franchise QB then fine let's tag and trade Sam.

The Kap thing is very telling though. I'm sure it's being overblown that he wants to go to NY (it's already reported to be totally false so who knows). But if he even muttered those words, it obviously means he knows that he's not Chip's QB. Whether they had a bad first meeting or what happened, I'm not sure but I'm curious. Clearly Chip didn't get to San Fran and rush to tell Kap he was their guy.

I wonder what our media would do here if Chip cut Kaepernick. Missinellis head might explode because it doesn't compute to him that he would do that. "Kaep is the perfect QB for him."

ETA: or trade Bradford to san fran for their #7 overall pick this year, and another pick next year contingent on how Bradford does
Dude.

The Kap thing is very telling though. I'm sure it's being overblown that he wants to go to NY (it's already reported to be totally false so who knows). But if he even muttered those words, it obviously means he knows that he's not Chip's QB. Whether they had a bad first meeting or what happened, I'm not sure but I'm curious. Clearly Chip didn't get to San Fran and rush to tell Kap he was their guy.
The guy who really wanted Kaep in the draft was Hue Jackson. Now that he's in CLE, and they need a QB, my thought is that he may end up there.

Dude.
He's off his meds, don't worry. He'll be fine once he finds the pill container.

I think the RG3 to Dallas thing probably has the most legs - but I wonder, if Bradford doesn't stick, if we kick the tires on him for a year.

I'd take a 2nd for Bradford and Kaep can go do whatever. Come on Chip. Bradfords worth a 2nd right?
Stop the "trade" Bradford stuff as it would have to be a sign and trade and that means Bradford signing long term in SF. Won't happen.

Kaep would be horrific in our WCO, I wouldn't take him and a third for Sam at ALL. Even a 2nd unless we have another plan at QB. This year is NOT the class for us to get our future QB in , so if you guys are fine on tanking and waiting for next years 1st round to get our franchise QB then fine let's tag and trade Sam.
We don't need to tank, but I do now think that the best course would be to let Bradford walk and lock up Cox. Let Pederson get a feel for the head coaching position and let Howie try to lay the groundwork for the future. We all know that "anything can happen" in the NFL, so you don't give up on a year, but right now I would say that the priority should be to reset and re-tool.

We don't need to tank, but I do now think that the best course would be to let Bradford walk and lock up Cox. Let Pederson get a feel for the head coaching position and let Howie try to lay the groundwork for the future. We all know that "anything can happen" in the NFL, so you don't give up on a year, but right now I would say that the priority should be to reset and re-tool.
Who's your QB next year and the year after though?

I'm not sure it has to be one or the other though. I'm sure someone in here has more cap expertise, but I think we could have both.

I think the RG3 to Dallas thing probably has the most legs - but I wonder, if Bradford doesn't stick, if we kick the tires on him for a year.
I think Dallas will take a run at Wentz or Goff if they're there at #4. Just a gut feeling. Jerry has been a MUCH better drafter the last few years and gone for the unexciting picks that have turned out well. But I think he's itching to make a splash again this year and I think he's going to take a QB. Wentz would be perfect to groom for a year or two under Romo. Can't see them signing RG3 as a 3rd qb if this happens, and Tony is obviously their starter next year.

I also don't think that this team is that far off. I think that D will be fierce. I think Kiko's going to start his legend, Maxwell will be alright, Rowe and Hicks will take the next step very quickly and Cox will be an All-Pro. I also think the O-Line will shake out, they'll run the ball well and Ertz will become a top 7 TE (at a high level...not at a default level) in the league. To that...they need a QB and if next year and the year afte, they're a kick ### team with Sanchez or Jabroni Jones behind center, mucking it up....I'll be very dissapointed.

Sanchez WILL NOT be on this team. People keep putting his name out there (some as a scare tactic). He's gone. No way he stays. None.

Sanchez WILL NOT be on this team. People keep putting his name out there (some as a scare tactic). He's gone. No way he stays. None.
Even so, if they try to sell a rebuild as the reason as to why they're passing on Bradford and taking their chances on the FA market or draft and then the season(and next year) plays out that if they had a competent QB, they could have made some noise in the postseason...it's going to kill fanbase morale.

If you think the rest of the team is close......get Bradford....and while I'd like to go BPA (as long as its not an RB, G or Safety) with the 13th pick.....there's no shame in taking a QB there to sit for a couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread