What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2016 Election Day Thread, November 8*** (1 Viewer)

Good luck Republicans...you get the house, senate and presidency...you broke it, now fix it....no one to blame but yourselves over next 2 years.....

Good luck Republicans...you get the house, senate and presidency...you broke it, now fix it....no one to blame but yourselves over next 2 years.....
Might be reverse to what happened in '08. Dems take House back for census in 2020 and gerrymander the sht out of it ensuring a part of Congress for next 8 years. 

Healthcare lost this election for the Dems (next to having a horrid candidate) and my guess is the Repubs do their best to get rid of it. 

Healthcare lost this election for the Dems (next to having a horrid candidate) and my guess is the Repubs do their best to get rid of it. 
The problem was that Obamacare was Romney care before. It was an attempt to fix the system, while ensuring a lot of the free market remained. The other step was single payer which no one on the right wants. So what do the Republicans plan to put in place...oh that's right...Trump doesn't have a plan...but says trust him...ok...sounds good!

And a gridlocked Supreme Court. You know, the precedent has been set to block nominations so at least Dems got that going for them. 

The problem was that Obamacare was Romney care before. It was an attempt to fix the system, while ensuring a lot of the free market remained. The other step was single payer which no one on the right wants. So what do the Republicans plan to put in place...oh that's right...Trump doesn't have a plan...but says trust him...ok...sounds good!
Doesnt matter and thats what Dems didnt get. Peoples healthcare plans were going up drastically and there was zero chance it was going to go down as promised.  Thats why she lost, Obamas biggest success. 

Fascinating part about this is exit polls being off. Feel like lot of Trump supporters didn't want to publicly admit it so either ignored exit polls or just lied. 

Fascinating part about this is exit polls being off. Feel like lot of Trump supporters didn't want to publicly admit it so either ignored exit polls or just lied. 
Yeah, I'm obviously pretty surprised since I suspected the opposite would happen. It's clear all the Republicans who should know better went ahead and voted for Trump in spite of the fact that they know he's a demagogue, and the blue collar Republican and Democrats are buying in on Trump's promises. 

So now we'll see. Trump owns it now - will he really tear up our trade deals, and if he does will that bring back jobs or just expedite job losses to automation? If we do get an uptick in jobs through trade wars does the growth get eaten by inflation? What happens when he repeals Obamacare and 20 Million people lose insurance coverage? Does he deport millions of people of people living here peacefully and contributing to the economy? Does he cut off our allies in Europe and Asia, potentially destabilizing the globe in a way that we really haven't seen since the 1940's? Does he really make us safer by cutting off the Middle East? 

Congrats to Trump backers, you got the result you wanted. The ball's in Trump's court now. 

Major said:
Looks like it will be a red senate, house, and president, which means the supreme court will go that way too. It's going to be a very different world from now on.  FML
Trump doesn't owe anything to anybody on either side - I think he may surprise folks with some of his appointments.  If he goes in and by some miracle does a good job he will continue to blow up the establishment.  I have hopes, although they are not high hope by any means.

Trump doesn't owe anything to anybody on either side - I think he may surprise folks with some of his appointments.  If he goes in and by some miracle does a good job he will continue to blow up the establishment.  I have hopes, although they are not high hope by any means.
He still needs the senate to approve his SC nominations.. He will want that "legacy" to leave behind so will nominate anyone he thinks will get through with flying colors. Guessing the open seat is filled before the end of February. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
How long will it take to change Obamacare? I need that done like yesterday.
Change?? There won't be any change.. They will repeal with a promise to replace and then :tumbleweed:

We'll be back to Limits on claims, Pre-existing conditions can be used to deny coverage, etc..

The OC was mostly a POS with the way it was written, but those two items were absolutely needed but they cost money and no one has a plan to pay for it.

Eh he may not 'owe' anything from a donation perspective but Trump appears very loyal and more apt for cronyism. 

Mexico may have to build their own wall just to keep out the Democrats that will be trying to move there for the next 4 years.
Trump didn't lie. He did say he would get Mexico to build the wall. However, everyone thought it was to keep the Mexicans out of the USA when in reality it was Mexico building the wall to keep the Democrats out.

Users who are viewing this thread