What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL 2015 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Saints WR Willie Snead caught three balls for 31 yards and a touchdown in Thursday night's preseason finale.

Starting opposite Brandon Coleman with Luke McCown at quarterback, Snead kicked off the scoring with a seven-yard touchdown catch, and nearly had a second score only for Ryan Griffin to miss Snead badly. Snead has been the Saints' most productive receiver this preseason, closing it out with 11 catches for 148 yards and the touchdown. He should make the final 53.

Sep 3 - 11:28 PM

On Michael cut to traded

Our Sigmund Bloom had a few quick thoughts on this move.

"Its mostly about Lynch and Fred Jackson's friendship and Jackson's great pass blocking/3rd down ability. Saves Lynch some punishment.

"We'll see on Christine Michael. Definite signs they wanted him to get things in gear via media motivation story plants. If Michael is cut, interest might be less than we think. From outward indications, DAL never wanted him and still doesn't. Michael hasn't "tuned in" the way Seattle hoped and some teams will surely see that as a terrible sign for the risk/reward of adding him."

Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times had this blurb about who would make the 53 man roster prior to the Jackson signing

"Rawls had some nice moments in the final game and throughout camp and gets on to my final projection, in part due to the injury to Robert Turbin. It's unclear how long he will be out but it seems as if Seattle will want the depth at that spot if he's sidelined a while. Michael's been inconsistent, he still has some immense ability that I don't think the team will want to give up on yet (though I wouldn't be shocked if one of the trades John Schneider talked about in his pregame radio hit on Thursday might involve Michael -- Rawls' play certainly gives them the ability to think more about shopping Michael). I'm no longer keeping Tukuafu, thinking he's a player the Seahawks could maybe release and get back later, if needed. As for Turbin, - the team might need to stick him on Injured Reserve with the designation to return, and that might mean Seattle has to change the numbers here (maybe adding Fred Jackson). And to explain on the designation to return, that would mean Turbin would have to be out eight weeks and then could return. Teams get one IR-designated to return each year - Seattle used it in 2014 on Jeremy Lane and 2013 on Russell Okung."

And finally, I liked this line from our Adam Harstad: "If I told you all five years ago that the 2015 Seahawks were potentially going to have the same RB depth chart as the 2009 Bills, how many people would have considered that a good thing?"

I often say things move fast. But sometimes they move in funny ways.

Rotoworld

Giants have 'serious interest' in Chancellor

5910.jpg

The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Giants have "serious interest" in Seahawks holdout SS Kam Chancellor.
Considering they have the worst safety situation in the league, the Giants' interest is not surprising. The Seahawks would probably demand the farm for their star safety, who still has three-years left on his deal. The most likely outcome is the Seahawks give Chancellor more money up front while adding a year to his deal, but Seattle is running out of time to get something done.
Source: The Newark Star-Ledger

Rotoworld:

The Jets are crosstraining Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall at slot receiver in an effort to create mismatches in OC Chan Gailey's passing offense.

Decker is 6-foot-3, while Marshall is nearly 6-foot-5. Third receiver Quincy Enunwa is 6-foot-2 and 225 pounds. Gailey intends to run a host of three-, four-, and even five-wide packages, which will be difficult for opponents to defend due to the Jets' generous helping of size at wide receiver. When Devin Smith (collarbone) returns, he should have a role on the perimeter.

Source: New York Daily News

Sep 6 - 12:56 PM

Good luck to everyone with your 2015 FF campaigns.

I would personally like to thank everyone who posted in this thread.

Cheers,

Faust

Users who are viewing this thread