What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (2 Viewers)

Not involved ppr start 1,1,1,1 and 2 flex

Team a gave 1.10

Team B gave 2.08 and J. Bell
ooof, why would someone pay that for J.Bell. i own him and would dump him off for close to nothing.
Not saying this is a great deal, but Bell is a pretty consistent performer. I own him on a decent team and certainly wouldn't dump him for next to nothing. He had some darn good weeks down the stretch last year. Even if Detroit drafts a back, which is likely, Bell will still have a nice role. He has put up decent points in a timeshare for the last 2+ years.
He has but he's 29 and he won't get the same amount of touches as in years past. He's on the decline. I'm I the 1.10 pick side and to me it's not close.
Is he on the decline? He's just coming into his own as a pro. Late start in the NFL. Reminds me a lot of Freddie Jackson. Terribly underrated. I'd probably move him for the 1.10, but it's not a slam dunk.

Team a gave 1.10

ooof, why would someone pay that for J.Bell. i own him and would dump him off for close to nothing.
close to nothing? Why? He is a nice utility player to have around, and scores in bunches when given starting opportunities.

I still take pick 10 here, but close to nothing for Bell?? I wish I could get him for that in all my leagues then. I have some spare nothing layin around :)
Maybe i undervalue my own player. Just don't feel comfortable with him and wouldn't feel good going into the season with him as a starter. I guess not bad depth, but not someone i really value at all. couldn't sniff a future 2nd for him in the league i have him in.

Team a gave 1.10

close to nothing? Why? He is a nice utility player to have around, and scores in bunches when given starting opportunities.

I still take pick 10 here, but close to nothing for Bell?? I wish I could get him for that in all my leagues then. I have some spare nothing layin around :)
Until the Lions draft Duke Johnson or Abdullah.
If they draft a guy high sure it hurts. If that guy they draft sucks or gets hurt, Bell is going to score well. So, he definitely has more value than "close to nothing" for most people I would assume.
He had mid-2nd value, I wouldn't call that nothing. In the case of this trade I'd rather have the 1.10 over two mid-2nds.

Shocking one just went down in startup from a team that typically doesn't make strong offers IMO he gave up Brown at a 50% discount

Antonio Brown for Robert Woods, 1.6, 1.7
Yep that is bad
That seems like more than a 50% discount
To follow up on the typical poor offers from this owner after this deal went down he counters an offer of mine (1.4/McKinnon for Cooks/Hyde, admittedly light but could only assume he was in a giving mood or had rookie fever after the Brown deal) where I give Green and 1.4 for his Cooks and Freeman. I asked him if he was sending poor counter because of my offer or if he thought Cooks/Freeman=Green/1.4 and he said the latter. Different strokes I guess.

12 team PPR Dynasty. Tell me I did okay, been trying to make the playoffs after 3 seasons with no success.

Gave: J. Hill, Maclin, 2.2

Got: Jeffery, Patterson

Updated Roster:

Newton, RG3, Foles

Lacy, Morris, Spiller, L. Murray, K.Davis

Jeffery, Latimer, Fitz, V-Jax, Wright, Cruz

Bennett, Ertz, Reed

1.3 pick
pretty fair deal IMO. In a vacuum i'd lean slightly toward the hill side b/c top rb's are so hard to come by. You needed wr help so not a bad deal.

Shocking one just went down in startup from a team that typically doesn't make strong offers IMO he gave up Brown at a 50% discount

Antonio Brown for Robert Woods, 1.6, 1.7
Yep that is bad
That seems like more than a 50% discount
To follow up on the typical poor offers from this owner after this deal went down he counters an offer of mine (1.4/McKinnon for Cooks/Hyde, admittedly light but could only assume he was in a giving mood or had rookie fever after the Brown deal) where I give Green and 1.4 for his Cooks and Freeman. I asked him if he was sending poor counter because of my offer or if he thought Cooks/Freeman=Green/1.4 and he said the latter. Different strokes I guess.
That is frustrating when an owner makes a trade like that and then goes back to making crappy offers. I see it happen too often

Team a gave 1.10

Not saying this is a great deal, but Bell is a pretty consistent performer. I own him on a decent team and certainly wouldn't dump him for next to nothing. He had some darn good weeks down the stretch last year. Even if Detroit drafts a back, which is likely, Bell will still have a nice role. He has put up decent points in a timeshare for the last 2+ years.
He has but he's 29 and he won't get the same amount of touches as in years past. He's on the decline. I'm I the 1.10 pick side and to me it's not close.
Is he on the decline? He's just coming into his own as a pro. Late start in the NFL. Reminds me a lot of Freddie Jackson. Terribly underrated. I'd probably move him for the 1.10, but it's not a slam dunk.
The lions are drafting a rb. Maybe as early as tomorrow night. I wouldnt give anything of value for jbell right now

Team a gave 1.10

Fred Jackson is a huge and likely unique exception to the rule. Tons of studies have proven that RB decline correlates far more closely to age than to workload. I agree that Bell is likely under-rated from a talent standpoint -- he's probably more than JAG -- but banking on more than a year or two of shelf life out of him is a risky bet.

You guys will get a kick out of this. We had a dispersal draft in January and one owner can't control himself when it comes to trading. He literally gave away his entire team (except Mike Evans) then was dressed down by someone about al his dumb moves and proceeded to sell off Evans as well. I think he realized the guy was right about him destroying his team so he's now rebuilding.

Here's the key pieces he had:

Evans, Hyde, Lynch, 1.6, Quick, Lafell, Kaep

Here's what he has now:

M. Bryant, M. Lee, J. Hunter, 3.1, Gore, Ball, D. Carr, 2 add'l future 1's (late), 1 add'l future 2.

You guys will get a kick out of this. We had a dispersal draft in January and one owner can't control himself when it comes to trading. He literally gave away his entire team (except Mike Evans) then was dressed down by someone about al his dumb moves and proceeded to sell off Evans as well. I think he realized the guy was right about him destroying his team so he's now rebuilding.

Here's what he has now:

M. Bryant, M. Lee, J. Hunter, 3.1, Gore, Ball, D. Carr, 2 add'l future 1's (late), 1 add'l future 2.
Ouch

Here's what he has now:

Moving Lynch and Hyde are good moves for a rebuilding team, but Evans? He can't have got much for him either.

That just sucks for the league.

Here's what he has now:

Moving Lynch and Hyde are good moves for a rebuilding team, but Evans? He can't have got much for him either.

That just sucks for the league.
When he made all the moves he wasn't really rebuilding he just decided after he was dressed down to sell whatever he could and start one. For example he sold Hyde for a mid 2016 1, Lynch for Cruz who he then sold for Montee Ball.He trades the 1.6 for another guys 2016 1-4 he then proceeded to trade the 2016 1 for Hunter, 3.3 and 2016 3. He did end up getting 3 2016 1's for Evans at least. One of which he had originally dealt away to get M. Bryant. It was unreal. At least he's paid up through next year but the talent flow has just been ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
16 team league: Gave Ryan Tannehill for Joe Flacco and a 2016 1st (best guess somewhere between 1.10 and 1.16)

Same league, different owners; Ray Rice for 2016 6th and 7th

16 team league: Gave Ryan Tannehill for Joe Flacco and a 2016 1st (best guess somewhere between 1.10 and 1.16)

Flacco/1st will look pretty good next year

Dropping Rice outright is a win...getting picks is a bonus

12 Team PPR Devy League;

Gave: Ryan Mathews, 4.01

Got: Knile Davis (from Murray owner)
I can buy that but I don't value Davis much.

12 team PPR; QRRWWWTE

K gets Keenan Allen

M gets Tre Mason
Allen

Flacco/1st will look pretty good next year

Dropping Rice outright is a win...getting picks is a bonus

12 Team PPR Devy League;

Gave: Ryan Mathews, 4.01

Got: Knile Davis (from Murray owner)
I can buy that but I don't value Davis much.

12 team PPR; QRRWWWTE

K gets Keenan Allen

M gets Tre Mason
Allen
I could have taken either side with Tanny/Flacco+ depending on circumstances. I have Cam as my starter so downgrading at QB (plus MIA/CAR share a bye) made sense to me. But RT is a top 10 type going forward.

Rice is worth the low risk IMO.

IMO Davis / RM is about even.

Allen, easily.

12 Team PPR QB RBRB WRWRWR TE RB/WR/TE

Martavis Bryant, Charles Johnson, 1.6 for 1.3

Victor Cruz for 2.10, Darren Mcfadden

Mega haul for the 1.03 in my opinion. If I had the 1.03 I'd trade it all day for Bryant and the 1.06 plus Charles Johnson as a bonus.
If I knew I would get Cooper or Gurley I would keep the 1.3, otherwise give me Bryant and the 1.6 with CJ throw in.

Good lord, that trade for the 1.3 is awful. I wouldn't trade Bryant and the 1.6 for the 1.3.
Interesting, the trade seemed reasonable to me. These vastly differing opinions make this game fun .
Maybe it will end up in the worst offers thread along with Hopkins for pick 5.

I am not sure which side I like better.

Some deals that went down in a 12 team dynasty PPR TE bonus league

Team A gets CJ Spiller

Team B gets pick 1.10

Team C gets Golden Tate, Marquis Colston pick,3.4, 4.12

Team D gets Martavis Bryant, Terrence Williams, Richard Rogers, pick 4.8

Team E gets Arian Foster, Alfred Blue

Team F gets Brandon Marshall, pick 1.11

Team G gets Eddie Lacy, pick 1.6, pick 2.6

Team H gets Andrew Luck and Doug Baldwin

Team I gets Pick 1.10 and pick 3.5

Team J gets pick 1.12 and VJax

12 team PPR (FFPC)

pick 6

for

2016 1st (could be anywhere, middle of pack team so truly anywhere from 1-12)

2016 1st (likely very late, team was 13-0 last year)

Ernol said:
Run It Up said:
Vanco said:

Good lord, that trade for the 1.3 is awful. I wouldn't trade Bryant and the 1.6 for the 1.3.
Interesting, the trade seemed reasonable to me. These vastly differing opinions make this game fun .
It's reasonable. The top few players in a draft are usually hard to get. In the end there might not be much of a difference between the 3 (probably white or gordon) and the 6 (parker or a rb in a good spot) but if gordon lands in Dallas or maybe Arizona and that pushes cooper or gurley down to 3, this will look quite reasonable.

Also depends on your view of Bryant. I'd guess he's a Torrey Smith type with a better qb, but in ppr the big play receivers lose some value imo.

12 team PPR (FFPC)

pick 6

for

I'm guessing you got pick 6. Kind of even to me. What was your motivation?
Why are you guessing I got pick 6?

No, I traded away pick 6 here.
Recalled you posting you had a sick FFPC team last year. Either way, I call this trade dead even

Recalled you posting you had a sick FFPC team last year. Either way, I call this trade dead even
I have no idea why that would mean I would be the one trading for pick 6 :whistle:

I made the deal cause I like to have ammunition at the trade deadline to get a stud from a struggling team.

Matt said:

Team A gets CJ Spiller

Team B gets pick 1.10

1.10Basically Tate for Martavis...if competing now, Tate, if not, Martavis

Foster

Good lord, that's way too much for Luck. I wouldn't do Lacy alone for Luck, and given startup ADPs, most others wouldn't either. How did the former Luck owner get the 1.06 to be thrown in too? (Assuming 4 pt passing TDs)

Pretty even, if competing I'd be happy to have VJax for that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanco said:

1.06 and players

2.10 and DMC...I am not one that believes Cruz can make a successful comeback

Matt said:

Team A gets CJ Spiller

Team B gets pick 1.10

Tate/Colston

Marshall

Lacy

VJax...1.10 and 1.12 aren't so different to me

12 team PPR (FFPC)

pick 6

for

I can see making that move from both sides

Users who are viewing this thread