What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 Off-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

I just gave the 1.01 for Mike Evans.

The pick was probably Gurley but maybe cooper. Team getting the pick is stacked at receiver and picks, needs rb.

I like pairing evans with OBJ for the next 3 years, contract league.

Generic question, but is it crazy to rank Gurley as a top 5 dynasty back as soon as Friday? I feel like with a lot of the top guys aging or having a lot of work, if Gurley is the real deal he's gonna be the next big thing for fantasy.
Think he's right there for #2 already but I'm not a huge Lacy fan. If you're looking out past this year, some combo of Bell, Lacy, Hill, Gurley and Gordon are the top 5 imo.
Anderson should maybe be in there as well.
Uhh... no.
Thats like, your opinion, man
I share his opinion...no way CJA is a top 5 dynasty RB in my list. He may be a top 5 RB this year
I would imagine that the vast majority of experienced dynasty owners would agree as well. Anderson as a top-5 dynasty RB is a pretty thin limb to go out on.
Thats fine. But wouldnt you think that giving two rookies, who at this point arent on a team and have relatively unknown situations, the title of top 5 dyno back is a little negligent?Or is that some sort of second level strategy that us unexperienced guys dont understand?
The original question was whether it would be crazy to rank Gurley as a Top 5 RB as soon as Friday (i.e., presumably after he is drafted). Ranking Gurley and/or Gordon in the Top 5 at that point would not be negligent as you say (imo). The RB landscape is such a mess that "Top 5" doesn't mean as much as it once did.

I think Fruity Pebbles' list is probably on point, but we'll have to wait and see how early the rookies are picked and where they land.

The pick was probably Gurley but maybe cooper. Team getting the pick is stacked at receiver and picks, needs rb.

The leagues self appointed trade commission seems to think you made a big mistake.

I would take Evans but it is even

Team A gets Golden Tate, Martellus Benenett

Team B gets Martavius Bryant, Richard Rodgers and pick 1.10
Bryant/1.10 for me but I'm a big believer in Bryant
Do you have to be? I'd take the 1.10 over Tate/Bennett.
Tate put up impressive numbers in PPR last year with 99rec 1300+yds so I guess I was maybe incorrectly assuming the majority would prefer that side. Bennett also had a very good year. I certainly wouldn't trade both players for just the 1.10 but maybe that's just me

Last edited by a moderator:
Team A gets Golden Tate, Martellus Benenett

Team B gets Martavius Bryant, Richard Rodgers and pick 1.10
Bryant/1.10 for me but I'm a big believer in Bryant
Do you have to be? I'd take the 1.10 over Tate/Bennett.
Tate put up impressive numbers in PPR last year with 99rec 1300+yds so I guess I was maybe incorrectly assuming the majority would prefer that side. Bennett also had a very good year. I certainly wouldn't trade both players for just the 1.10 but maybe that's just me
This is pretty even trade but I prefer to gamble on Bryant vs. Tate.

1.10 > Bennett

Bryant, Rogers > Tate

fruity pebbles said:
FUBAR said:

The leagues self appointed trade commission seems to think you made a big mistake.
Yeah, I haven't been on the board other than a few minutes after the trade when someone had already posted that this trade is destroying the league :confused: and then I got an email asking whether this was a salary cap move :confused: (there wasn't much of a savings). Apparently the 1.01 is worth a lot more than a cheap top 7 (some say the #1) WR.

One More Rep said:
FUBAR said:

That's my thought as well. this was simple risk aversion while getting a top player and not paying a lot more in salary (actually saved enough to add a cheap flier later this summer or save some manuever room for trades). Maybe I'm wrong, but in 32 team leagues I play it reasonably safe. the risk of Cooper or Gurley disappointing outweighed the chance that they'd be better than Evans over the next few years.

To add a little context, I lost in the Super Bowl last year and added Lynch, a much better QB, and a decent LB corps without losing much. You could say I'm all in for 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
fruity pebbles said:
FUBAR said:

Yeah, I haven't been on the board other than a few minutes after the trade when someone had already posted that this trade is destroying the league :confused: and then I got an email asking whether this was a salary cap move :confused: (there wasn't much of a savings). Apparently the 1.01 is worth a lot more than a cheap top 7 (some say the #1) WR.

One More Rep said:
FUBAR said:

That's my thought as well. this was simple risk aversion while getting a top player and not paying a lot more in salary (actually saved enough to add a cheap flier later this summer or save some manuever room for trades). Maybe I'm wrong, but in 32 team leagues I play it reasonably safe. the risk of Cooper or Gurley disappointing outweighed the chance that they'd be better than Evans over the next few years.

To add a little context, I lost in the Super Bowl last year and added Lynch, a much better QB, and a decent LB corps without losing much. You could say I'm all in for 2015.
I think most would want something added to the 1.1 for Evans. Very strange that owners are complaining about your side

fruity pebbles said:
FUBAR said:

Odd. Evans went with the 1.02-1.03 in almost every league last season and is coming off an outstanding rookie season. Many people are planning on taking Cooper at 1.01 this year, and I'd rather have Evans. What's to complain about let alone the hyperboles of "destroying the league".

fruity pebbles said:
FUBAR said:

Odd. Evans went with the 1.02-1.03 in almost every league last season and is coming off an outstanding rookie season. Many people are planning on taking Cooper at 1.01 this year, and I'd rather have Evans. What's to complain about let alone the hyperboles of "destroying the league".
agreed. i'd rather take a chance on gurley, but depending on my team i could consider evens in this deal. sounds like it's just a bunch owners who didn't pony up enough and are now suffering from severe butthurt syndrome.

Generic question, but is it crazy to rank Gurley as a top 5 dynasty back as soon as Friday? I feel like with a lot of the top guys aging or having a lot of work, if Gurley is the real deal he's gonna be the next big thing for fantasy.
Think he's right there for #2 already but I'm not a huge Lacy fan. If you're looking out past this year, some combo of Bell, Lacy, Hill, Gurley and Gordon are the top 5 imo.
Uhh... no.
I share his opinion...no way CJA is a top 5 dynasty RB in my list. He may be a top 5 RB this year
I would imagine that the vast majority of experienced dynasty owners would agree as well. Anderson as a top-5 dynasty RB is a pretty thin limb to go out on.
Thats fine. But wouldnt you think that giving two rookies, who at this point arent on a team and have relatively unknown situations, the title of top 5 dyno back is a little negligent?Or is that some sort of second level strategy that us unexperienced guys dont understand?
I see the argument for Gurley, and yes, I agree that Gordon as a top-5 dynasty RB is a stretch. My personal top-5 would be Bell, Lacy, McCoy, Charles, and Murray in some order.

Re: Anderson, his value is purely situational. Putting him in the top-5 is really, really bad. As you said, though, that's just an opinion. Maybe Anderson is the next great RB talent and Denver coaches are the real idiots for not playing him until everyone else was hurt.
Comes down to risk/reward and how much uncertainty you're willing to live with. I personally like Gurley (and possibly Gordon depending upon landing spot) better than McCoy, Charles and Murray at this point. Those last 3 guys likely only have 2-3 really productive years left and when guys get to their age and usage level, they can lose it at any point. So it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen even sooner.

Those 27 y/o RBs are safer because it's possible Gurley/Gordon bust and don't even give you 1 or 2 seasons. But in terms of realistic upside, it's not even all that close. Gurley hasn't even turned 21 yet and could give you 6-8 years of similar production to those guys.

I traded McCoy straight up for the 1.02 a couple months ago because I value Gurley, Gordon and Cooper above him (and I felt it made sense given my roster).

fruity pebbles said:
FUBAR said:

agreed. i'd rather take a chance on gurley, but depending on my team i could consider evens in this deal. sounds like it's just a bunch owners who didn't pony up enough and are now suffering from severe butthurt syndrome.
I'm a huge believer in Gurley and I'd still take Evans (assuming PPR league). Evans is a top 10 dynasty asset based upon how good he looked as a really young rookie. Good chance Gurley will be in that same area this time next year if he has a good rookie season, but he has to go prove it first.

fruity pebbles said:
FUBAR said:

Pick 1 for Evans is destroying the league?? Your league mates are idiots.

Uhh... no.
I see the argument for Gurley, and yes, I agree that Gordon as a top-5 dynasty RB is a stretch. My personal top-5 would be Bell, Lacy, McCoy, Charles, and Murray in some order.Re: Anderson, his value is purely situational. Putting him in the top-5 is really, really bad. As you said, though, that's just an opinion. Maybe Anderson is the next great RB talent and Denver coaches are the real idiots for not playing him until everyone else was hurt.
Comes down to risk/reward and how much uncertainty you're willing to live with. I personally like Gurley (and possibly Gordon depending upon landing spot) better than McCoy, Charles and Murray at this point. Those last 3 guys likely only have 2-3 really productive years left and when guys get to their age and usage level, they can lose it at any point. So it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen even sooner.

Those 27 y/o RBs are safer because it's possible Gurley/Gordon bust and don't even give you 1 or 2 seasons. But in terms of realistic upside, it's not even all that close. Gurley hasn't even turned 21 yet and could give you 6-8 years of similar production to those guys.

I traded McCoy straight up for the 1.02 a couple months ago because I value Gurley, Gordon and Cooper above him (and I felt it made sense given my roster).
Absolutely. I'm personally pretty risk-averse, which works well for me. Others swing for the fences which works well for them.

If Gurley lands in a good situation as a high 1st rounder he'll have a pretty strong argument as a top guy right away. I'm less sure with Gordon. My general preference, though, in most dynasty formats, is to build around WRs as much as possible, so in a vacuum, I actually prefer Cooper and White to both of them.

fruity pebbles said:
FUBAR said:

Pick 1 for Evans is destroying the league?? Your league mates are idiots.
Agreed. Isn't Evans the type of player you'd hope to get out of the 1.1? Would they have been okay if it was OBJ instead?

Agreed. Isn't Evans the type of player you'd hope to get out of the 1.1? Would they have been okay if it was OBJ instead?
To the first question, yep. To the 2nd, maybe but it's impossible to tell. I will say there are only a handful of individual players in a salary cap league worth the 1.01 or more; basically last year's top performing rookies which obviously include both Evans and OBJ.

12 team PPR (not involved)

Carlos Hyde and 1.8

For

That's stealing right there....
Which side is stealing? I prefer the 1.1, but it isn't stealing.
Agreed, 1.1 is worth a little bit more but it's fair.

Users who are viewing this thread