What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2012 FBG Subscriber Contest Thread (1 Viewer)

Sitting at 164.5 with Henery (-9) and Saints D (-2)...

... downside is lost DMC with High Ankle Sprain.... :cry:

cutline is going to be high this week.
At 227.5 + Graham tomorrow. Hope that's enough.Wow, I hope my guys putting up huge days is the start of a trend and not them using up their big games -- I need these in the playoffs, if I can make it that far.I'm the only team who picked the core of Rodgers/Foster/Martin/Megatron/Julio/Marshall/Graham. One other team picked that core minus Graham, and we have a 100% survival rate so far.Royster still is the only guy who hasn't scored for my team yet, but hopefully today is the start of an uptrend for him.

I'm currently at 163.8 with Brees (-28.35), Graham (-14.2), and Saints D (-4). I should be good for this week.

My RB's are looking like a train wreck, and week 11 could be brutal. If McFadden is out week 11, I'll be done to Dwyer, Royster, and Taiwan Jones. I may be able to squeek by week 10 with Lynch/Turbin.

So far the only two players who haven't counted have been Taiwan Jones and Zach Miller-UFA.

Went with 26 players - not sure what I would do different next season (other than make sure I have the right Zach Miller).

166 so probably okay.

Still kicking myself for taking mcfadden instead of ADP and flacco instead of luck.

147.25 after the Sunday game.
This is scary...tonight's game should likely be a shootout with players who are pretty popular (Brees, Graham, Vick, McCoy, Maclin, DJax, Colston, etc).The cutoff for this week might in excess of 160 points![And I'm at 159.95 with only Graham (-6.3) and Henderson (-14.8) remaining...] :popcorn:

Looks like they took something away from the OAK D last night. I'm at 162+ with Thomas (-13.3) and the NO DEF (-4) going tonight. I should at least gain points with the NO DEF with all the sacks and turnovers Philly has been giving up lately.

Cutline at 147.25.I'm at 157 with Henderson (10.7)to go.I am going to be sweating it tonight.I need a stinker by both teams.

If 147.25 is the cut, I'll be darn close. I need Maclin to have a nice night tonight.How do you guys figure out the cut off?
Database of all the teams.I have a lower cutoff than OC. I have 143.40. Not sure what the difference is though, so I suspect his is right.Given the difference and my lack of wifi, I most likely won't be doing live cutline tonight.

OC's cut line jumped 10 after the game last night, which seems a little steep with such (relatively) little scoring. Both Atlanta stud WRs had very nice games, but they hardly went crazy. Ryan had a nice game, but didn't find the endzone so it wasn't THAT nice.

The following statement would have been unimaginable prior to the start of the contest:

Having James Jones and Josh Gordon on a bye next week is really going to cripple my team.

After making the cut by 1.5 and 0.40 points the past two weeks I sit at 149.30 points this week with McCoy -12.60, Maclin -14.20, and Eagles Defense -8.0. Going to be another close week if I make the cut again.

I'm not going to make the cut this week 147.5 & done {sigh}

McFadden & Jamaal Charles you suck!! :rant:

I only spent $22 on QB too (Flacco & Luck)

Both Doug Martin and Marshall... 212 and brees left still (-13.75). Wish last week and this week were playoff weeks... my only 200+ point weeks so far. Hope they can keep it up.

I'm interested to see the high scorer this week... any rodgers/peterson/martin/marshall/decker/bears owners? Quite a few players with great scores this week.

Maybe the mathlete regulars here have already done/said this someplace, but is there a decent gauge on how much one "high scoring game" swings the cutline? 15 points? More? Less?

I imagine it is totally predicated on how heavily owned the players involved in said game would be. I was just curious if anyone had some kind of ballpark idea based off the data available. Seems like last night's late game moved the cut by almost 10 points(if the earlier cut prediction was accurate).

I assume Brees/Colston/Graham at the very least are still heavily owned on the remaining teams, but haven't checked the querier yet to find out.

If 147.25 is the cut, I'll be darn close. I need Maclin to have a nice night tonight.How do you guys figure out the cut off?
Database of all the teams.I have a lower cutoff than OC. I have 143.40. Not sure what the difference is though, so I suspect his is right.Given the difference and my lack of wifi, I most likely won't be doing live cutline tonight.
As I suspected, the error is likely on my end. I will figure out more tonight after work, but I found a few errors in my db.

Sitting at 156 with Lance Moore (-3.6) and Jimmy Graham (-12.3). Not feeling great, but I would think adding 5-6 pts tonight might do it.

Decent score again, sitting at 226.25 with no one else left to play. Averaging 191.85 per week.

However, the McFadden injury may be my undoing, as I will already have Peterson out on bye in week 11. I need Ridley to hold off Vereen and company in NE, Mendenhall to start carrying the rock again, or Royster to steal more from Morris.

Wonder how the A. Brown injury will affect teams...although he hasn't really produced all season long. Still don't like my TE depth now that Rudolph is sucking.

stubby

I think I'm done this week with such a high cutline. Need Brees and Colston, (each -13, respectively) to bring me up from 137. That means I need a solid 50+ total from them, to get me to around 155.

Graham and Celek will be the big cut drivers. Not many big TE performances on the board this week so scores will be replaced early by these two.

Graham and Celek will be the big cut drivers. Not many big TE performances on the board this week so scores will be replaced early by these two.
815 have one of these two16 have both3 Jimmy Graham Owners have Brandon Myers (29.9)18 G and or C owners have Jermaine Gresham (19.8)55 have Owen Daniels (18.2)62 have Dwayne Allen (16.5)164 have at least 10.1

Looks like this is my last week don't think 157 is going to do the trick.Fun while it lasted this is my favorite contest of the season.Good luck to everyone who escapes the turk this week.

'Zoblefu said:
Both Doug Martin and Marshall... 212 and brees left still (-13.75). Wish last week and this week were playoff weeks... my only 200+ point weeks so far. Hope they can keep it up.I'm interested to see the high scorer this week... any rodgers/peterson/martin/marshall/decker/bears owners? Quite a few players with great scores this week.
With that Graham TD, I'm over 250 now.Where do we see the top scorers for the week?

'Zoblefu said:
Both Doug Martin and Marshall... 212 and brees left still (-13.75). Wish last week and this week were playoff weeks... my only 200+ point weeks so far. Hope they can keep it up.I'm interested to see the high scorer this week... any rodgers/peterson/martin/marshall/decker/bears owners? Quite a few players with great scores this week.
With that Graham TD, I'm over 250 now.Where do we see the top scorers for the week?
Think you have to wait until tomorrow for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread