What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

While I fully support these hearings and find them very important here’s what I do know for sure…..

Nothing will ultimately come of them. Trump will skate by like he has for 70+ years and be held accountable for nothing, as usual. His supporters will dig in deeper and his detractors will only feel more frustrated. But at the end of the day not a damn thing will change. All of you expecting something to come of this need to steel yourself against the inevitable disappointment to come, it’s patiently obvious where this is headed.  

If by nothing you mean he'll be indicted or see jail time then I agree with you.  And not because it's Trump but rather I don't see that happening to any former President.  Should it happen is another story.

But more importantly I don't think "nothing" is the outcome.  I actually know some dyed in the wool Republicans that are through with Trump and are praying Desantis in the candidate.  I don't think these hearings bury Trump but I do think they bury his prospects for being the 2024 nominee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not obligated to answer anyones questions especially when i dont really have the answer. We are all assuming that the testimony was truthful . Im more than happy to just sit back and wait for all the rebuttals from those being accused  and those who may have more to add to the event . So far we are only hearing one side , everyone keeps saying ''why hasnt the secret service  responded ,well im guessing there is a chain of command they adhere to and cant just go on the news and blurt things out. This will all come out in time as it always does . 

So nobody entered the Capitol with weapons?
Whether they did or not is irrelevant to the fact Trump knew the crowd had weapons on them at the rotunda, wanted them to remove the metal detectors so they could attend his speech and then march on the Capitol.  That's inciting an ARMED mob.

Im not obligated to answer anyones questions especially when i dont really have the answer. We are all assuming that the testimony was truthful . Im more than happy to just sit back and wait for all the rebuttals from those being accused  and those who may have more to add to the event . So far we are only hearing one side , everyone keeps saying ''why hasnt the secret service  responded ,well im guessing there is a chain of command they adhere to and cant just go on the news and blurt things out. This will all come out in time as it always does . 
And what did you think about the rest of her testimony beyond the limo talk?

Also…we have only heard one side because the other refuses to comply and answer questions under oath.

Whether they did or not is irrelevant to the fact Trump knew the crowd had weapons on them at the rotunda, wanted them to remove the metal detectors so they could attend his speech and then march on the Capitol.  That's inciting an ARMED mob.
So Trump knew they had weapons but nobody can say what weapons?

Do you think she is lying on purpose?  Your personal opinion 

You Trump supporters….

Are you even at a point where you can admit that Democrats did not steal the election?

That Trump lost in a fair election?

The 2020 general cycle was not a "free and fair" election.

Both sides did as much as they could to cheat, lie and steal as much as possible. That's the most practical bi-partisan realistic answer available. Team Blue simply had more leverage with control over Big Social Media, Big Tech, Hollywood, Big Education, most of Big Finance and almost all of the activist complicit MSM.

Was it enough to swing the election? No one knows.

But to deny Trump has a point when he might still be technically "wrong" is avoiding the practical mechanics of the issue. No one disputes that the 2016 primaries were stolen from Bernie Sanders. So Team Blue will magically transition to free and fair elections after that debacle?

You want all context to die because your position doesn't hold up to increased scrutiny. You are pushing an absolutely "clean" election. Loss of context is one of the first sacrifices made when dealing with a cult. There is often discussion of the MAGA base as if it's a cult. Even your "Trump supporters" castigation is a smear.

But your belief in your side to absolute terms is almost completely religious in nature. Ask yourself what you are being asked to lay down on the altar.

Both sides did as much as they could to cheat, lie and steal as much as possible. That's the most practical bi-partisan realistic answer available. Team Blue simply had more leverage with control over Big Social Media, Big Tech, Hollywood, Big Education, most of Big Finance and almost all of the activist complicit MSM.

But to deny Trump has a point when he might still be technically "wrong" is avoiding the practical mechanics of the issue. No one disputes that the 2016 primaries were stolen from Bernie Sanders. So Team Blue will magically transition to free and fair elections after that debacle?

You want all context to die because your position doesn't hold up to increased scrutiny. You are pushing an absolutely "clean" election. Loss of context is one of the first sacrifices made when dealing with a cult. There is often discussion of the MAGA base as if it's a cult. Even your "Trump supporters" castigation is a smear.

But your belief in your side to absolute terms is almost completely religious in nature. Ask yourself what you are being asked to lay down on the altar.
Wow

oof.  there is audio of the exact weaponry being called out and relayed to the white house.  there is evidence of trump yelling 'they are not here to hurt me".  it appears that you have no working understanding of the simple facts here.  amazing.

Just an FYI (as it appears many don't know who the secret service is or where they report.  Prior to existence of DHS, they reported to Treasury.  Now they report to DHS.  They do NOT report directly to President nor are they there for the President's every whim.  

oof.  there is audio of the exact weaponry being called out and relayed to the white house.  there is evidence of trump yelling 'they are not here to hurt me".  it appears that you have no working understanding of the simple facts here.  amazing.
As his alias suggests, he's not picking up the knowledge.

Will Ornato, a staunch Trump loyalist, testify under oath that he never told Hutchinson the story she relayed under oath?

Chances?  Slim and none.  He has already, through unverifiable sources, denied conversations that multiple previous witnesses have said they had with him. 

But, he really doesn't need to.  The MAGA flock will buy the spin and then never question why he didn't raise his right hand and put his version on the record.

“Sit bitz, that’s all you had to say!”.

From the hearing:

UNKNOWN: There's an individual who is in a tree. It's gonna be a white male, about six feet tall, thin build, brown cowboy boots. He's got jeans and a blue jean jacket, and underneath the hoodie jacket the complainants both saw stock of an AR-15. He's going to be with a group of individuals, about 5 to 8 — 5 to 8 other individuals.

Two of the individuals in that group at the base of the tree near the porta-pottys were wearing green fatigues, green olive dress house fatigues. About 5'8", 5'9", skinny — skinny white males, brown cowboy boots.

UNKNOWN: They had Glock style pistols in their waistband. 8736-- That subject's weapon on his right hip. That's a negative, he's in the tree. Motor one, make sure PPD knows they have an elevated threat in the tree south side of Constitution Avenue. Look for the Don't Tread on Me flag, American flag facemask, cowboy boots, weapon on the right — right side hip. I got three men walking down the street in fatigues.

One's carrying a AR-15. Copy at 14th and Independence. [End Videotape]

Look it up.
Here are the results using the keyword "weapon" at the Capitol Breach Investigation Resource Page.

Including some of the sentences given:

LANGUERAND, Nicholas: Sentenced 1/26/22 to 44 months in prison, to be followed by two years of supervised release, 60 hours of community service, $2,000 restitution. 

MILLER, Matthew Ryan: Sentenced 5/23/22 to 33 months in prison, 24 months of supervised release, $2,000 restitution.

PALMER, Robert Scott: Sentenced 12/17/21 to 63 months in prison, followed by 36 months of supervised release, $2,000 restitution. 

THOMPSON, Devlyn: Sentenced 12/20/21 to 46 months in prison, to be followed by 36 months of supervised relese, $2,000 restitution. 

FAIRLAMB, Scott Kevin: Sentenced 11/10 to 41 months incarceration. Defendant remains committed.

REFFITT, Guy Wesley: Second Superseding Indicttment, this is kind of a famous case where the guy's son testified against him, giving heartbreaking testimony. He'll go to jail for about five years or so. 

Found guilty by jury 3/8/22 of all five felony charges. 

Remains detained pending sentencing 6/8/22

Ok, "patriot".

Transcript

UNKNOWN: I think the last time we talked you mentioned that some of the weapons that people had at the rally included flagpoles, oversized sticks or flagpoles, bear spray. Is there anything else that you recall hearing about that the — the people who had gathered on the ellipse had?

CASSIDY HUTCHINSON: I recall Tony and I having a conversation with Mark probably around 10 a.m., 10:15 a.m. where I remember Tony mentioning knives, guns in the form of pistols and rifles, bear spray, body armor, spears, and flagpoles. Spears were one item, flagpoles were one item. But then Tony had related to me something to the effect of and these effing people are fastening spears onto the ends of flagpoles. [End Videotape]

LIZ CHENEY: Ms. Hutchinson, here's a clip of your testimony regarding Mr. Meadows' response to learning that the rally attendees were armed that day. [Begin Videotape]

What was Mark's reaction — Mr. Meadows' reaction to this list of weapons that people had in the crowd?

Transcript

UNKNOWN: I think the last time we talked you mentioned that some of the weapons that people had at the rally included flagpoles, oversized sticks or flagpoles, bear spray. Is there anything else that you recall hearing about that the — the people who had gathered on the ellipse had?

CASSIDY HUTCHINSON: I recall Tony and I having a conversation with Mark probably around 10 a.m., 10:15 a.m. where I remember Tony mentioning knives, guns in the form of pistols and rifles, bear spray, body armor, spears, and flagpoles. Spears were one item, flagpoles were one item. But then Tony had related to me something to the effect of and these effing people are fastening spears onto the ends of flagpoles. [End Videotape]

LIZ CHENEY: Ms. Hutchinson, here's a clip of your testimony regarding Mr. Meadows' response to learning that the rally attendees were armed that day. [Begin Videotape]

What was Mark's reaction — Mr. Meadows' reaction to this list of weapons that people had in the crowd?
surprised no one brought a trident, TBH.

Transcript

It'd be more shocking if you didn't fully  believe "I heard that he said that she said that he said" as real evidence at this point. 

Seditious Conspiracy Indictment

Some co-conspirators also amassed firearms on the outskirts ofWashington, D.C., distributed them among "quick reaction force" ("QRF") teams, and planned to use the firearms in support oftheir plot to istop the lawful transfer ofpresidential power.

Users who are viewing this thread