What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (2 Viewers)

Meet the new deflection talking point!  Same as the old one!
Find me a post anywhere where someone said that people who broke the law during protesting shouldn't be arrested and prosecuted. Nobody advocated for or condoned the violence or destruction of property. 

This was a powerful statement from Officer Harry Dunn during the hearing…

How can people NOT be moved by these courageous officers.

They did their part, now congress needs to do theirs…

Trump supporters sure do love them some BLM/Antifa whataboutisms!
You think any of the attorneys defending these witnesses are presenting evidence as to what happened in Portland as part of their defense.....see how fast that garbage would get thrown out in the courtroom. The same speed we should do here. Be like an attorney defending their client who is charged with murder with a knife to address the court starts out his closing arguments "but what about O.J. Simpson"

Find me a post anywhere where someone said that people who broke the law during protesting shouldn't be arrested and prosecuted. Nobody advocated for or condoned the violence or destruction of property. 
Where is your outrage?  You guy have like a bazillion January 6th threads losing your bacon daily over it but you're all silent on BLM/Antifa.  No posts condemning them at all. No posts 24/7 like you're doing with for Jan 6th.

Heck, even when the BLM/Antifa insurrections were going on I bet you were BARELY posting about it.  In fact, they are STILL causing chaos in the Portland/Seattle still to this day.  Yet we get crickets from you guys.

So tell me again:  where is your outrage?  I'm not seeing it manifest in this forum like 1/6 is doing to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is your outrage?  You guy have like a bazillion January 6th threads losing your bacon daily over it but you're all silent on BLM/Antifa.  No posts condemning them at all. No posts 24/7 like you're doing with for Jan 6th.

Heck, even when the BLM/Antifa insurrections were going on I bet you were BARELY posting about it.

So tell me again:  where is your outrage?  I'm not seeing it manifest in this forum like 1/6.
With Aaron Rodgers back in Green Bay, the Packers are releasing veteran QB Blake Bortles

Heck, even when the BLM/Antifa insurrections were going on I bet you were BARELY posting about it.  In fact, they are STILL causing chaos in the Portland/Seattle still to this day.  Yet we get crickets from you guys.

So tell me again:  where is your outrage?  I'm not seeing it manifest in this forum like 1/6 is doing to you.
You know the answer lol.  The Dems are major hypocrites and this whole Jan 6 outrage is nothing but politics.  Nobody in the center ir right cares at all about this stupid hearing.

The DNC sure has them worked up real good.  Over nothing again, as usual.  Must be tough to be on the left - always in a constant state of agitation and fake outrage.  Seems exhausting, TBH.
The Dems are like Charlie Brown and it is a never ending loop with Lucy pulling the football out from them!   :lol:

I'm not here to tell you what to do - I'm not a cop or a mod.  But, I respectfully suggest that if you don't want to talk about Jan 6 and the select committee, there are plenty of other threads that may be a better fit.  
What other threads?  they all appear to be Jan 6th related.  ;)

Not a fan of violence, tomfoolery, what have you...But what's this now?

Love the sudden love for police by the left.  :doh:

They're were just trying to defund them but WE LOVE YOU NOW!
I'm not going to speak for "The Left" but how we spend money on the police was the issue that concerned me and was absolutely worth looking at.

Has nothing to do with these Jan 6th hearings.

I get why partisan Republicans, and for sure MAGA brand Republicans, want this off the TV as fast as possible.

This seems pretty disrespectful to the officers testifying today. 
To be clear, I think he's talking more about this sham committee than anything.  It's nothing but a ruse to keep the lefty base foaming at the mouth.  They're being used by the Dems, pretty sure most of THEM don't care either but are pretending to so they can promote the agenda.

I'm not going to speak for "The Left" but how we spend money on the police was the issue that concerned me and was absolutely worth looking at.

Has nothing to do with these Jan 6th hearings.

I get why partisan Republicans, and for sure MAGA brand Republicans, want this off the TV as fast as possible.
No you don't.  If you did understand then you would asking why the Dems want this on TV as long as possible.  

Hint:  there is an agenda and play here and it relies on keeping you in constant outrage.

No you don't.  If you did understand then you would asking why the Dems want this on TV as long as possible.  

Hint:  there is an agenda and play here and it relies on keeping you in constant outrage.
I definitely see why Dems would want this on TV as well. That is true. It makes Trump and any who try and deflect this away, talk around it, minimize it, etc look very, very bad.

Serious low point in recent memory.

I definitely see why Dems would want this on TV as well. That is true. It makes Trump and any who try and deflect this away, talk around it, minimize it, etc look very, very bad.

Serious low point in recent memory.
Too make Trump look bad?  Or to fear-monger for votes?

Sham investigations are for agendas, not truth and fact-finding.

U.S. Capitol Police Sergeant Aquilino Gonell:

"As America and the world watched in horror ... we did not receive timely reinforcement and support we needed,” Gonell said. “In contrast, during the Black Lives Matter protests last year, U.S. Capitol Police had all the support we needed and more. Why the different response?”

How am I supposed to separate a real hearing from a shambolic propaganda top secret PsyOp?

Is there a checklist somewhere?
Absolutely.  Follow this checklist:

1. Is it being setup and run by Dems?

No - It's not a sham.
  2. Yes - It's a definitely a sham.

Boom! 

U.S. Capitol Police Sergeant Aquilino Gonell:

"As America and the world watched in horror ... we did not receive timely reinforcement and support we needed,” Gonell said. “In contrast, during the Black Lives Matter protests last year, U.S. Capitol Police had all the support we needed and more. Why the different response?”
Why the different response?

Too make Trump look bad?  Or to fear-monger for votes?

Sham investigations are for agendas, not truth and fact-finding.
In this case it is to highlight the dangers of a PRESIDENT making up lies about an election and the repercussions. Not things that can be argued as semantics or playing around the edges, outright fabrication. The guy is still doing it today even after seeing what happens. Straight trash, un-American.

Whatever you want to label that.

Absolutely.  Follow this checklist:

1. Is it being setup and run by Dems?

No - It's not a shame
  2. Yes - It's a definitely a sham.

Boom! 
Aside from Cheney opening statements, everything I've seen is just direct quotes from Capitol officers.  

I haven't seen any grandstanding speeches from politicians, looks like they are just letting police have their say.  

Sooooo, what's the evidence that the sheeple are being led around again?  

This needs to be repeated to Kevin McCarthy everytime he talks to anyone.

"The president bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding...And a fact-finding commission would be prudent." -- Kevin McCarthy, January 13, 2021

Everyone was fine with the one thread until you got it shut down. Sorry your efforts to suppress discussion about the insurrection has failed
I got it shut down?    :lol:

You have any proof for that claim?  Besides, I'm pretty sure it was shut down while I was gone for a couple days.

Anyways, I'd like to see some proof.  

Users who are viewing this thread