What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Offensive Rookie of the Year odds (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
Early odds for offensive ROY.

----------------------

Josh NorrisVerified account@JoshNorris

Bovada's rookie of the year odds: Jared Goff 2/1 Ezekiel Elliott 5/2 Derrick Henry 7/1 Corey Coleman 15/2 Josh Doctson 12/1 Treadwell 12/1

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris  21h21 hours ago
Josh Norris Retweeted Josh Norris
Kenneth Dixon 14/1
Jordan Howard  14/1
Paul Perkins 16/1
Sterling Sheppard 16/1
Josh Norris added,
Josh Norris @JoshNorris
Bovada's rookie of the year odds:

Jared Goff 2/1
Ezekiel Elliott 5/2…

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25577548/this-second-round-pick-is-an-early-favorite-to-win-rookie-of-the-year

A second-round pick is an early favorite to win NFL Rookie of the Year

By John Breech | CBSSports.com

May 4, 2016 5:13 pm ET

Oddsmakers have some bad news for DeMarco Murray: They don't think he's going to be getting the ball a lot in 2016.

According to the oddsmakers at BovadaTitans running back Derrick Henry is one of the top three favorites to win the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year award in 2016. Henry's odds are 7-to-1.

The Heisman Trophy winner only trails Ezekiel Elliott, who's sitting at 5-to-2 odds, and Jared Goff, who's been given 2-to-1 odds.

It's not a shock to see Goff at the top. After all, not only was he the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, but he's going to a decent Rams team that finished with a 7-9 record in 2015.

It's also no surprise that Elliott's listed so high. The No. 4 overall pick will be running behindCowboys offensive line that allowed Darren McFadden to rush for 1,089 yards in 2015. McFadden's total was fourth in the NFL last year. That same offensive line also helped DeMarco Murray to a 1,845 yard season in 2014. Murray's total led the NFL.

The oddsmakers at Bovada must be thinking that Elliott will be sharing carries this year, because they've placed the over/under for his 2016 regular season total at 900 rushing yards.

As for Henry, the Titans' second-round pick is the third-overall favorite in the Rookie of the Year race despite the fact that he'll be playing in the same backfield as Murray. If Murray and Henry split carries, then it's hard to see how the 2015 Heisman winner will be able to win the Rookie of the Year award.

Among the other surprises in Bovada's odds: Ravens running back Kenneth Dixon has the best odds of any player that wasn't selected in the first or second round.

The fourth-rounder out of Lousiana Tech has the seventh-best odds at 14-to-1.

Two Giants rookies -- Paul Perkins and Sterling Shepard -- are also listed in the top 10.

You can see the full list below.

Odds on winning the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year award (per Bovada)

Rams QB Jared Goff: 2-to-1
Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott: 5-to-2
Titans RB Derrick Henry: 7-to-1
Browns WR Corey Coleman: 15-to-2
Redskins WR Josh Doctson: 12-to-1
Vikings WR Laquon Treadwell: 12-to-1
Ravens RB Kenneth Dixon: 14-to-1
Bears RB Jordan Howard: 14-to-1
Giants RB Paul Perkins: 16-to-1
Giants WR Sterling Shepard: 16-to-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Early odds for offensive ROY.

----------------------

Josh NorrisVerified account@JoshNorris

Bovada's rookie of the year odds: Jared Goff 2/1 Ezekiel Elliott 5/2 Derrick Henry 7/1 Corey Coleman 15/2 Josh Doctson 12/1 Treadwell 12/1

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris  21h21 hours ago
Josh Norris Retweeted Josh Norris
Kenneth Dixon 14/1
Jordan Howard  14/1
Paul Perkins 16/1
Sterling Sheppard 16/1
Josh Norris added,
Josh Norris @JoshNorris
Bovada's rookie of the year odds:

Jared Goff 2/1
Ezekiel Elliott 5/2…

Goff should not have better odds than Zeke.  I'd take Zeke at anything better than 3/2

Dr. Octopus said:
I think it's "easier" for a QB to win - meaning they don't need to do as much to win.
Sure, that's probably true but Gurley won it over Winston and I sure don't expect Goff to do better than Jameis. 

Dr. Octopus said:
I think it's "easier" for a QB to win - meaning they don't need to do as much to win.
I was also thinking it might take into account the probability of injury. If Zeke is fully healthy for all 16 I think he is pretty close to a lock. But often do RB's play all 16 let alone be at full health for all 16?

At those odds I like Sheppard. I don't really think it's rookie hyperbole to imagine him having 100 catches as a rookie. Randle had 127 targets two years ago and he is so far behind Sheppard imo in terms of routes/hands.

At those odds I like Sheppard. I don't really think it's rookie hyperbole to imagine him having 100 catches as a rookie. Randle had 127 targets two years ago and he is so far behind Sheppard imo in terms of routes/hands.
Yeah Sheppard sitting on the 16-1 odds seem like a really good line. I'm not sure I see 100 in his future for this year. But I can definitely see a scenario where Cruz isn't healthy most of the season and Sheppard takes over as the locked in #2 early. The Giants didn't really do anything to improve the OLine, if anything they made it worse this year. My gut says he's going to be a target fiend. Eli and this offense are going to live on 1-2 step drops and quick hitting passes.

His season will hinge on Cruz, if Cruz isn't around though, I'd say he's a lock for 100+ targets. If Cruz is around it'll be hard to rely on anyone from this offense that isn't named Eli or Odell though. One thing is for sure, I'd don't forsee the RBs clocking 129 targets again this year. A lot of those targets came because of a lack of trust to throw the ball to Randle. I'd fully expect around 30 of those targets to be redistributed to Cruz/Sheppard.

Yeah Sheppard sitting on the 16-1 odds seem like a really good line. I'm not sure I see 100 in his future for this year. But I can definitely see a scenario where Cruz isn't healthy most of the season and Sheppard takes over as the locked in #2 early. The Giants didn't really do anything to improve the OLine, if anything they made it worse this year. My gut says he's going to be a target fiend. Eli and this offense are going to live on 1-2 step drops and quick hitting passes.

His season will hinge on Cruz, if Cruz isn't around though, I'd say he's a lock for 100+ targets. If Cruz is around it'll be hard to rely on anyone from this offense that isn't named Eli or Odell though. One thing is for sure, I'd don't forsee the RBs clocking 129 targets again this year. A lot of those targets came because of a lack of trust to throw the ball to Randle. I'd fully expect around 30 of those targets to be redistributed to Cruz/Sheppard.
I get the "why" of this statement but I don't think it can just "be".  Teams have to do some things during courses of games just to keep the defense honest or guessing, as they say—even if it doesn't expect to net much.  On a team that might be under a lot of heat, as you suggest, I wouldn't expect that number to move much, if any. 

It makes me want to find that gem RB in the Giants backfield that could be used and be beneficial to the PPR FF game.  Do they still have Shane Vareen? 

Users who are viewing this thread