What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Not sure how this happened . . . GOP comes a-knocking (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Someone I know is an election denier and apparently running for a House seat in Washington. He called me today about doing a bunch of stuff for his campaign (basically running his marketing, social media, and outreach programs). Apparently, he didn't know I am a registered Democrat. I declined and bowed out gracefully (don't have the time or have that type of experience even if I agreed with all the rhetoric). Discussing some of this people and reading about them online is one thing, but to try to interact with them in real life is both scary and mind boggling. No offense to the Republicans out there, but some of them are over the top on conspiracy theories and a never-ending list of things that could have happened.

I've had similar interactions. They can be awkward, unless the friendship is extremely strong and has some miles on it. My central Florida Moose Lodge has a mix of both parties but definitely leans to the right with many Trump bumper stickers in the parking lot. The lodge is pretty adamant about leaving politics home while we're drinking and otherwise interacting.
Occasionally, a particularly liquored up member while get a little out of hand, but the crowd usually reels them in. I'm proud of the fact that even after all this crazy rhetoric the past few years that we're still able to get along and party together. I know it's not like that everywhere, but reasonable people CAN be tolerant despite the craziness.

Someone I know is an election denier and apparently running for a House seat in Washington. He called me today about doing a bunch of stuff for his campaign (basically running his marketing, social media, and outreach programs). Apparently, he didn't know I am a registered Democrat. I declined and bowed out gracefully (don't have the time or have that type of experience even if I agreed with all the rhetoric). Discussing some of this people and reading about them online is one thing, but to try to interact with them in real life is both scary and mind boggling. No offense to the Republicans out there, but some of them are over the top on conspiracy theories and a never-ending list of things that could have happened.
honestly, I run an advertising agency and I would have a very hard time taking on a Democrat for that type of work. I have a few clients that are democrats, even liberals, but the work and our political views don't interssect. I dont think I could put my best creative effort into their campaign.

I've often wondered to what extent, if any, do "election denier" politicians just use that to pull in voters who feel that way? My gut feel is that most of them don't really believe it in the slightest, but use it in their campaign because they want to win.

I've often wondered to what extent, if any, do "election denier" politicians just use that to pull in voters who feel that way? My gut feel is that most of them don't really believe it in the slightest, but use it in their campaign because they want to win.
I doubt any of them really believe it.

Sadly, this isn't true. They believe it. They believe it deeply, and because it requires believing ridiculous intertwined conspiracies they believe them too. Look at the lengths that the true believers here go to attack the DOJ, FBI and justice system because Trump stole documents from the White House and the FBI executed a search warrant. There' s a Trumper in Washington that ran for governor and never polled within 20 points. He lost...badly. He then claimed the election was rigged and that he actually won. He's been saying that for 2 years now.

Last edited:
Make his entire campaign message to stop the use of yellow mustard as a condiment.
Funny you mention this. Along those lines, my college aged son said if he ever got elected president, his first official act would be to declare plain hamburgers illegal, and the only sanctioned form of burger would be cheeseburgers.
You know who didn’t like cheese on his burger? Hitler!

(On account of him being a vegetarian and all)

Funny you mention this. Along those lines, my college aged son said if he ever got elected president, his first official act would be to declare plain hamburgers illegal, and the only sanctioned form of burger would be cheeseburgers.
Not gonna get the kosher bloc, I see.

Sadly, this isn't true. They believe it. They believe it deeply, and because it requires believing ridiculous intertwined conspiracies they believe them too. Look at the lengths that the true believers here go to attack the DOJ, FBI and justice system because Trump stole documents from the White House and the FBI executed a search warrant. There' s a Trumper in Washington that ran for governor and never polled within 20 points. He lost...badly. He then claimed the election was rigged and that he actually won. He's been saying that for 2 years now.

My cynicism remains intact.

Yesterday: Election Denier Don Bolduc Wins GOP Primary

Today: Don Bolduc reverses course, states unequivocally that the 2020 election "was not stolen"

Today: Don Bolduc reverses course, states unequivocally that the 2020 election "was not stolen"
Similar thing happened in Washington. Republican that came in second in the primary for Senate scrubbed her website of all references to Trump, election denial and abortion. Now she's running ads based entirely on inflation ("Hot dogs, eggs and even beer have gone up! We just want to get back to watching the Mariners!")

McConnell's superpac is calling the shots for these candidates and running away from Trump. The democrats' questionable strategy of putting money into the fringe candidates' campaigns may prove to be a stupid as it seemed from the beginning.

Dude is playing his cards correctly, even if that makes him despicable.

I've had similar interactions. They can be awkward, unless the friendship is extremely strong and has some miles on it. My central Florida Moose Lodge has a mix of both parties but definitely leans to the right with many Trump bumper stickers in the parking lot. The lodge is pretty adamant about leaving politics home while we're drinking and otherwise interacting.
Occasionally, a particularly liquored up member while get a little out of hand, but the crowd usually reels them in. I'm proud of the fact that even after all this crazy rhetoric the past few years that we're still able to get along and party together. I know it's not like that everywhere, but reasonable people CAN be tolerant despite the craziness.
what do you brohans do at a moose lodge do you actually sit around and have beers and talk about mooses is it really just a bunch of moose enthusiasts or what take that to the bank brohan

you missed a golden opportunity to just take over and make this guys campaign about totally inane things man you could have had some fun with that and gotten paid and if you enjoy what you do when you are ruining a guys political carreer you never work a day in your life take that to the bank brohan

Users who are viewing this thread