What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (1 Viewer)

The Oil isn’t exactly playing like they know they’re eliminated if they don’t score here. 

ETA Well besides Nurse. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp Tampa, that wasn’t the way to play if you wanted to win game 5. It’s not helping matters that you’ve lost 3 straight game 5s, extending back to last playoffs. Silver lining, you’ve won the ensuing game 6 both times, so let’s keep that trend going, if you don’t mind.

The Knight kid recovered nicely after allowing the early goal. I really do enjoy watching young player do well and having a good time while doing it.   I just don't want to see it happen at this point.    The last thing the Lightning need is to see this kid build confidence and go hot.  

The Knight kid recovered nicely after allowing the early goal. I really do enjoy watching young player do well and having a good time while doing it.   I just don't want to see it happen at this point.    The last thing the Lightning need is to see this kid build confidence and go hot.  
They just have to get in front of him. Everything was to the side of the net where he was already positioned. No traffic. He definitely did great but they have to create better chances. 

I’m no expert but that North division just seems so bad to me. I’m going to be fading Toronto no matter who they play in round 3. 

I’m no expert but that North division just seems so bad to me. I’m going to be fading Toronto no matter who they play in round 3. 
I kind of think the same of the Central where Carolina can't beat (easily) the worst of the 16 teams in the playoffs and Tampa struggles to beat a team with a shooter tutor in the pipes half the games. 

The North defenses are awful aside from Toronto and Montreal but the offenses and goaltending are all legit.

The North defenses are awful aside from Toronto and Montreal but the offenses and goaltending are all legit.
Montreal has no chance to score. Edmonton was a total mess outside their top line. Winnipeg didn’t have much of a defense all year. That division is amazingly bad. How does anybody know Toronto is good? 

See, we know Tampa is good because they just won the Cup. This Toronto crew hasn’t done anything until they were gifted this division. 

Love how they built that arena in Carolina so we can see people swinging their dish towels in the air in front of the main camera.

tbh Tampa has looked off to me for a while now.  NoVo has a legit point imo.  wouldn’t be shocked to see them pull it together and win a cup either. 

cover all your bases.

tbh Tampa has looked off to me for a while now.  NoVo has a legit point imo.  wouldn’t be shocked to see them pull it together and win a cup either. 

cover all your bases.
I still think Tampa and Colorado are the two best teams in the league. I just think Toronto is in the mix after that and all year people have been saying the North was bad but when you look at it, Ottawa/Vancouver/Calgary weren't the worst teams in the league this year.

Every division had bad teams to beat up on and with Ottawa improving and the goaltending in the north being generally good, the narrative of "lol north" is tired and doesn't hold up, even if Toronto does obviously have the clearest path to the final four of any team, especially with Edmonton out. 

Right, which is what Winnipeg did to Edmonton all series. 

It doesn't mean "Edmonton is bad" any more than it does Tampa is, but everyone wants to #### on the North. 
Outside their top line, Edmonton is really bad aren’t they? Granted you can’t discount those two guys but it seems in a playoff series where the refs aren’t calling things they can be removed from the equation and Edmonton doesn’t have anything else to offer. 

cover all your bases.
Hedman is very hurt. Not sure how far they can go with him being obviously off his game. They should beat Florida and Carolina at least. 

I kind of think the same of the Central where Carolina can't beat (easily) the worst of the 16 teams in the playoffs and Tampa struggles to beat a team with a shooter tutor in the pipes half the games. 

Tampa’s issues are defensive, weirdly enough. Vasilevskiy has bailed them out a few times lately, but they need to figure that out, no more bad turnovers and clear the puck on the first try!

Hey look at momentum killer jarry, giving up a....wait for it....glove high side shot. What a joke. Couldn't catch a cold. Update..momentum killer #2, shot a mile out couldn't handle it bad rebound and tied. He's beyond bad and it's mystifying why he is still in there.

How long is Sullivan going to leave this clown in the net! This is negligence and better cost him his job. Hopefully since neither are hextall guys they are gone. But jarry is a Sullivan guy so he is going to ride him til he dies. Absolute embarrassment.

Boston will smoke the islanders.  All you need is an average goalie, average.  Rask is miles and miles better than the lump of garbage the pens ran out there. Score 2 or 3 and game over.

Outside their top line, Edmonton is really bad aren’t they? Granted you can’t discount those two guys but it seems in a playoff series where the refs aren’t calling things they can be removed from the equation and Edmonton doesn’t have anything else to offer. 
McDavid and Draisaitl don't always play together 5-on-5 so not sure how they can be considered a one-line team.

Top line is typically McDavid with RNH and Puljujarvi.
Second line is typically Draisaitl with Kahun and Yamamoto.

Carter must be pissed he left California for this trainwreck.  They would have been swept without him. 

McDavid and Draisaitl don't always play together 5-on-5 so not sure how they can be considered a one-line team.

Top line is typically McDavid with RNH and Puljujarvi.
Second line is typically Draisaitl with Kahun and Yamamoto.
I saw some analytics guy on Twitter yesterday saying something completely different but I don’t see enough of them to debate it. 

This series, crosby awful,  guentzel invisible,  letang awful,  jarry didn't resemble anything close to a hockey player.  Jeff Carter only one with any balls.

Users who are viewing this thread