What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Waiver Process (1 Viewer)

MikeApf

Footballguy
I have a quick question regarding the NFL Waiver Wire process. This is a general waiver question and not an Orton one, and that's why I didn't post to that tread. The question is -- when a player goes on waivers, can a team put in a waiver claim for them and then trade that player before the end of the season? It seems like it would be a good way for a team who didn't really want the player to gain a cheap draft pick out of just snagging waived players then trading them away, as long as they felt that player had real value in the NFL market.

Just curious...I'm not sure how the process works.

Last edited by a moderator:
still a good question to ask. Yes the trade deadline is done and it cannot happen this year, but.....

I think you can trade your waiver wire pickup, but I believe There are rules surrounding this.

1) I am pretty sure you cannot trade him back to the original team that put him on waivers.

not sure about the rest.

Thing is, before the trade deadline, the waiving team has likely already put feelers out on trading said player.

Thing is, before the trade deadline, the waiving team has likely already put feelers out on trading said player.
while that may be true, doesnt preclude a team form asking too much, ending up releasing the player, then the team that picks him up from trading him for less. Not likely to happen I know but probably more likely than a team picking up a rb off the streets and having him put up 200 yards of total offense and score 3 touchdowns in less than 2 weeks with the team. :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread