What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFl sunday ticket... (1 Viewer)

bighead2000

Footballguy
Not sure if a thread started. Has anyone who's been with Directv called to see if they will give any kind of special to their long time customers. I called yesterday , and didn't get a very good response. New customers get if for free. I have spent a lot with them over the last several years for programming.

I do know it's best to ask for the Retention dept.

I initially got Sunday ticket for $49 on sale. The next year it was $99 if I wanted games in HD. I can't remember the exact details but within a few years it was approaching $300/season. Discounts on Sunday Ticket are not easy to get... think trying to get Amex to waive the annual fee (which used to be automatic if you called & raised a ruckus).

When watching games you really want to see in a sports bar is less (or no more) than what DirecTV is trying to gouge, it's time to walk away.

When Fios came in, I HAPPILY ditched direcTV and Sunday Ticket.

I think most people have been having the best luck via hand written letters mailed in
Does anyone have a script for writing the letter?
The key is to use triple the postage when you send the letter. Who is going to say no to a person with total disregard to proper postage amounts?
:thumbup:

You get people's attention with triple postage. That's how I apply for job interviews.
If I really want a job I send my letter in a box with some ball bearings, quadruple postage. That shows them I'm a real go-getter who thinks outside the box.

funny, i was in Lowes The other day And noticed they have a whole area dedicated to boxes. some of The larger boxes had plenty of area For added postage.

I think most people have been having the best luck via hand written letters mailed in
Does anyone have a script for writing the letter?
The key is to use triple the postage when you send the letter. Who is going to say no to a person with total disregard to proper postage amounts?
:thumbup:

You get people's attention with triple postage. That's how I apply for job interviews.
If I really want a job I send my letter in a box with some ball bearings, quadruple postage. That shows them I'm a real go-getter who thinks outside the box.
It's common knowledge that quadruple postage just makes you look desperate. Triple postage is the sweet spot.

I proved today that if you can get the right person they will help you. I'm not going to say what they did though..

Users who are viewing this thread