What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Salaries -- Dan Klecko, FB/DT Eagles (1 Viewer)

Wu-banger

Footballguy
Saw this in the hard copy of USAtoday yesterday ... just thought it was a misprint

I checked online this morning and this is the breakdown ...

Year / Team

2008 / Philadelphia Eagles

Player Base Salary Sign Bonus Other Bonus Total Salary Cap Value Position

Klecko, Dan $ 605,000 $ 0 $ 10,036,720 $ 10,641,720 $ 10,651,720 DT

USATODAY LINK

this seems really out of wack for a role player (2nd highest this year to Samuel on the Eagles)

I searched the net and found little information on the contract details (1 year)

...the "Other Bonus" area is what has me :goodposting: ?????

The Colts paid him around 400G last year .... heck of a raise.

PS -The USA today tool is interesting for those have not seen it.

I'd imagine that's a typo

Brent Jones(not the former football player) handles corrections over there, if you want to email and ask

ETA 1 mil would be a relatively cheap DT and Klecko has switched from one to other position at least twice since March

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO - I think it is a way for the Eagles to appear to be spending more money than they actually are. Most of that 10M is tied up in unattainable bonuses. Things like 500K for catching over 75 passes, etc.

The Eagles are very slick with cap management. When naive Eagles fans look at the bottom line and see that they are spending 109M in salaries they think - hey that's not bad. The reality is that it's in the lower half of the league even with the inflated Klecko salary. They did the same thing with Reno Mahe's contract last year.

This is just my opinion and as you can tell I have a very low opinion of the Eagles front office. :tfp:

OR......it's just a typo. I'd assume you can go to usatoday.com and find a note about the correct #'s. But, M&M mentioned that it's 605k, period. Just a salary.

hmmmm.........

now Im really confused.

On the site you can not select Klecko to receive more info on his contract....

What type of loop holes are being referred to in his contract?

The LTBE credits can be rolled forward into the next year...I believe the way the Eagles positioned themselves was to be at about 40 million under the 2009 cap. They'll extend some younger players with signing bonus money and they may grab a high priced free agent or two...at the very least they have some flexibility.

Eagles fans get frustrated with the fact that technically, the team is about 18M+ under the cap...even though only it appears that we are only 8M or so under. There is also a salary cap floor that each team need to be above.

The only real "loop hole" is allocating cap attributed money to this season in the form of unattainable bonuses with every intention of being able to use those funds next season when said bonuses are not reached.

hmmmm.........now Im really confused.On the site you can not select Klecko to receive more info on his contract....What type of loop holes are being referred to in his contract?
LTBE is a bad name as there's no way he earns this.He may get a $10M bonus if he catches 50 balls or gets 1,000 yards. Both won't happen so that $ gets tacked on to next year's salary cap for the team.It is deferring salary cap space to the following year. Now, will they spend it???

The LTBE credits can be rolled forward into the next year...I believe the way the Eagles positioned themselves was to be at about 40 million under the 2009 cap. They'll extend some younger players with signing bonus money and they may grab a high priced free agent or two...at the very least they have some flexibility.Eagles fans get frustrated with the fact that technically, the team is about 18M+ under the cap...even though only it appears that we are only 8M or so under. There is also a salary cap floor that each team need to be above.The only real "loop hole" is allocating cap attributed money to this season in the form of unattainable bonuses with every intention of being able to use those funds next season when said bonuses are not reached.
Correct, except the CBA is expiring and they don't want to extend rookies now. If the CBA expires with an uncapped 2010 year, the rookies / young players won't get to RFA and UFA until after 5 or 6 years (instead of 3 or 4) - so they retain exclusive rights for 2 extra years. So why extend them beyond a minimalist salary?

Users who are viewing this thread