What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL QBs (1 Viewer)

You found an article about the "handsomeness" of NFL QBs interesting?Umm....NTTAWWT
I think sho nuff is upset that Favre's face is more symmetrical than Rodgers. Nice comment, by the way.I thought it was interesting that the theory is these guys are steered to be QB from an early age, like attractive people are more successful in other jobs.

At least you got the point of the article, Hawk Fan unlike whoever wrote the headline. It simply says that symmetry is correlated with perceived attractiveness. If a poll ws done on attractiveness, I doubt it would shake out like their list. Byt we probably don't have enough FBGals a statistical sample. :blackdot:

I thought it was interesting that the theory is these guys are steered to be QB from an early age, like attractive people are more successful in other jobs.
I see two problems with the finding. First, they don't seem to have done the study for other positions, so how do they know there is a difference?Second, assuming a difference, maybe people of all looks are steered toward Qb, but the people making the selection are swayed by looks? There have been lots of studies on things like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was interesting that the theory is these guys are steered to be QB from an early age, like attractive people are more successful in other jobs.
I see two problems with the finding. First, they don't seem to have done the study for other positions, so how do they know there is a difference?Second, assuming a difference, maybe people of all looks are steered toward Qb, but the people making the selection are swayed by looks? There have been lots of studies on things like that.
Good points. They should have looked at all positions so they could compare.

One obvious explanation is that facial symmetry and good quarterback play (or, rather, good athleticism generally) are both positively associated with good health.(Facial symmetry isn't randomly attractive. It's attractive precisely because it signals good health. Genetically, we're all coded to have pretty much perfectly symmetrical faces. Imperfections in bilateral symmetry often result from pathogenic or parasitic infection during development. The absence of such imperfections signals a strong immune system important for good overall health -- and good quarterbacking.)

Last edited by a moderator:
(Facial symmetry isn't randomly attractive. It's attractive precisely because it signals good health. Genetically, we're all coded to have pretty much perfectly symmetrical faces. Imperfections in bilateral symmetry often result from pathogenic or parasitic infection during development. The absence of such imperfections signals a strong immune system important for good overall health -- and good quarterbacking.)
i have a new sig

Users who are viewing this thread