What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

nfl officials (1 Viewer)

Something interesting I found out earlier. Vick was told by the official he had to sit out.....since when could that happen? There wasn't an injury timeout or anything?

Something interesting I found out earlier. Vick was told by the official he had to sit out.....since when could that happen? There wasn't an injury timeout or anything?
I thought there was, and no I don't think they try to keep the games close

What was the situation?

If it was an injury... if the officials stop the game with an injury timeout, the player has to leave the game for one play. He can stay in the game if either team calls a timeout, if it's the 2 minute warning or end of a quarter, or if the injury is the result of a penalty by the opposition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watch an obscene number of college and NFL games due to NFL Sunday Ticket and the College Game Plan packages and I have to say there have been an inordinate number of bad calls this year,

Fisher was on the Competition Committee when he was with the Titans. I have felt like the quality of officiating has dropped since he left. This past game, for one drive, calls were so bad it felt like the NBA

If a WR is downfield say 30 yards and the DB is all over him and stopping his hands from rising up to catch the ball. The ball comes and hits one of em so it was a catchable ball. Is that PI or holding?

Before last week, I can't think of the last time I saw holding called on that but...curious what you guys think

If a WR is downfield say 30 yards and the DB is all over him and stopping his hands from rising up to catch the ball. The ball comes and hits one of em so it was a catchable ball. Is that PI or holding?

Before last week, I can't think of the last time I saw holding called on that but...curious what you guys think
It's both and illegal contact too. They only call the PI, though, since it's usually the more severe penalty (though I wonder about PI within 5 yards of the LOS).

I have been complaining for the entire season.

Of course my Bucs are BAD... so yeah I am a bit grumpy towards football, but the Bills game last week was horrific. The Bucs opening game was horrific.

I have heard complaints about the officials more this season than I have in the past. It's not all bad, but it seems when a game goes sour, official wise, it really really tanks. Its extreme.

Just my take.

I watch an obscene number of college and NFL games due to NFL Sunday Ticket and the College Game Plan packages and I have to say there have been an inordinate number of bad calls this year,
It's like this every year. People just forgot because the media beat the replacement refs nonsense into our head.

Other than that bad call in the Hawks/Pack game coming at a really bad time and place, the regular refs are just as bad. We brought this on ourselves when we decided it was ok for refs to continue being part-time workers who can't be disciplined mid-season because the media and people were particular about pointing out every individual bad call when the replacements (who wouldn't even have been the long-term replacements) were around.

Officiating in the NFL is really hard. It's also being done really awfully, as it has been every year. All the reason we need them to get people onboard to do it full-time, not when they have a break from their real job.

It's both and illegal contact too. They only call the PI, though, since it's usually the more severe penalty (though I wonder about PI within 5 yards of the LOS).
It was holding and Titans ball at the 12? instead of the one where this happened. They got 15 instead. It came up again but the next time more toward midfield, can't remember the YL. Probably about the same result 15 yard instead of big 30 yard penalty.

These were what concerned me for the fourth Q. When refs start to do anything that seems like "look at me" it's a sign something is coming. Doesn't matter what sport, I believe this has always been true.

Hitting a running down sideline alex smith in the torso/side was a game changing unnecessary roughness penalty. Then two more calls that were not even obvious on replay.

The Chiefs and Titans played good defense with this being the second week the Titans opponent had an awesome DL. There were about 100 reasons to find fault in either offense. The game was totally about turnovers gifted to the other team to enable their inept offense to score. The refs didn't need to join the ugly party, the game was ugly enough.

I have a buddy that is consumed with defense. He felt cheated the refs didn't let us see if the Titans could make a stand there. Not my usual viewpoint playing FF and all I'm usually about the offense, but the Chiefs stopped the Titans twice in the red zone and it was very impressive. It does fit that he should have seen if the Titans could stop em' and if not the Chiefs deserved to win.

The one that really floored me was the Giants and Eagles game. The challenge where McCoy (think it was McCoy) clearly dropped the ball. Like there was no debating it even a little bit. Then they didn't over turn it. I would love to hear real justification for that call

Users who are viewing this thread