What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFC Wild Card Game: Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers (1 Viewer)

Who wins?

• Carolina

Votes: 44 84.6%
  • Arizona

Votes: 8 15.4%

• Total voters
This feels like one of the oddest playoff games I can recall. Not just the losing-record division winner, which has been done before, but a high-record opponent that is so depleted from the start of the season that they actually feel like an underdog. Neither team feels, right now, like they should be playoff contenders, yet one gets to go to the next round. This could, in turn, make for a very competitive, back-and-forth kind of contest that goes all the way to the final play.

This feels like one of the oddest playoff games I can recall. Not just the losing-record division winner, which has been done before, but a high-record opponent that is so depleted from the start of the season that they actually feel like an underdog. Neither team feels, right now, like they should be playoff contenders, yet one gets to go to the next round. This could, in turn, make for a very competitive, back-and-forth kind of contest that goes all the way to the final play.
Panthers have been playing like SB contenders. They should win easily.

Hoping the Lions win as the Panthers have a decent chance of beating GB.

Seahawks would be tough of course.

Go Panthers!

Lot of Carolina love in here...I get it, but I think Arizona's defense has been underrated most of the season, and should keep it close enough to stay interesting.

Lot of Carolina love in here...I get it, but I think Arizona's defense has been underrated most of the season, and should keep it close enough to stay interesting.
If Lindley plays well, it will be a good game. And yes, their d could keep it close

I love Arz D but they are going to be on the field a ton in this game. Eventually they break.

Dang. Just before the FFPC deadline ended, I changed from Kelvin Benjamin and Ed Dickson to T.Y. Hilton. I've got Carolina winning this game fairly easily, and that might have been a bad move.

Cam real lucky that was not picked. Not a good start for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only positive(and I'm stretching here) is that Bowles shot at a HC job may dwindle with this Ds meltdown late this year. Want to keep him in AZ with Washington + Dockett coming back next year.

The crappy punt technique finally worked.

Stupid by the returner

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, if you're not going to field it, run away from it??? That's terrible, but great for those of us who want a game.

This offense really is painful to watch right now, and Carolina should be putting this game away. Instead...

:lol: What a call.
Bail out calls are even
Uh, that call was more than fine there.
Eh, disagree. Call was a little rough, not completely incomprehensible but definitely not an easy call.

That said... seriously, did Arians promise this return guy for Carolina a multi-million dollar deal next year? Or was that simply one of the worst playoff chokes I've seen in recent memory? He forgot what sport he was playing and literally tried to play the ball like a catcher trying to stop the ball from getting past him.

Users who are viewing this thread