What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

new post season expansion nfl (1 Viewer)

Bills-Bengals most likely will not be played. The players don’t want to do it. And there’s no good way to fit it into the schedule.

The best bad solution in this regard would be to play the NFC wild-card round and Bills-Bengals next weekend, with the AFC wild-card round being played the next weekend. This would wipe out the week between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. There’s no appetite for that approach.

Don't see this happening and don't like the idea. I get that it eliminates the bye issue, but it's not any more fair than any other idea.

IMO, just use the wining percentages and keep the playoff format with one key change: If the Conference final includes two of the three teams currently contending for home field advantage it gets played at a neutral site. You could work on figuring out that neutral site now.

IMO, just use the wining percentages and keep the playoff format with one key change: If the Conference final includes two of the three teams currently contending for home field advantage it gets played at a neutral site. You could work on figuring out that neutral site now.
Why bother with the change. If you are going to use winning %, then use it the whole way through.

Don't like the neutral site idea. Just use win% and be done with it.

That's how I feel, too. But I'm not going to flip out over the league futzing around with HFA. None of it is really that big of a deal. I'm just glad they didn't blow up the entire playoff structure over one game

That's how I feel, too. But I'm not going to flip out over the league futzing around with HFA. None of it is really that big of a deal. I'm just glad they didn't blow up the entire playoff structure over one game

Well from my perspective, I'm a season ticket holder for the Eagles. If they moved that game to a neutral site because of something that happened between SF and MIN, I'd be pissed. It's been 5 years since we hosted a playoff game. Not to mention if I decided to sell the tickets I could make a nice profit. Imagine PHI v DAL in the NFCCG. I could pay for my next seasons tickets with that one game.

Well from my perspective, I'm a season ticket holder for the Eagles. If they moved that game to a neutral site because of something that happened between SF and MIN, I'd be pissed. It's been 5 years since we hosted a playoff game. Not to mention if I decided to sell the tickets I could make a nice profit. Imagine PHI v DAL in the NFCCG. I could pay for my next seasons tickets with that one game.
Right. Which just underscores the fact that any decision they make is going to be unfair to someone

Right. Which just underscores the fact that any decision they make is going to be unfair to someone
Why does everyone keep saying any decision the NFL makes will be unfair to someone. The NFL didn't have anything to do with that game not happening.
That said, the best and easiest decision moving forward is to not change anything. The game didn't happen and won't happen. Use whatever rules you have in place for when a game doesn't get played, and move on.
All the neutral field talk and whatnot is nonsense

Fair, but in these cases each team would have had at least one home game before this kicked in

Users who are viewing this thread