What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New cars - when do the 2017's come out? (1 Viewer)

Warrior

Footballguy
I've never purchased a brand new car before and for various reasons I'm looking to purchase a 2017 Ford Mustang. My question is how late into 2016 will I likely need to wait before I can place a 2017 model year order? I realize it's likely different for every model of car, but I was hoping to get some sort of general idea. Mid 2016? Late 2016? Super late 2016?

Googling has only led to speculation that is all over the board and tons of clickbait sites.

Anyone have experience buying new model years as soon as it's possible?

Wow...in April?

The Googles are no help to me so far. I can't even find a straight answer on what month the 2016 mustangs were released in, back in 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never purchased a brand new car before and for various reasons I'm looking to purchase a 2017 Ford Mustang. My question is how late into 2016 will I likely need to wait before I can place a 2017 model year order? I realize it's likely different for every model of car, but I was hoping to get some sort of general idea. Mid 2016? Late 2016? Super late 2016?

Googling has only led to speculation that is all over the board and tons of clickbait sites.

Anyone have experience buying new model years as soon as it's possible?
Depends on manufacturer.   It used to be standard Septemberish time frame.  Not sure nowadays

http://www.fordcarsinfo.com/

Home > 2017 > FORD > Mustang > 2017 Ford Mustang Concept

2017 Ford Mustang Concept

2017FORDMustang

Don't forget to share!

The Ford Mustang is a model with a rich history. The 2017 Ford Mustang which is entering its 6th edition is set to offer a comfortable and classy driving experience as is the norm with all Mustangs.

The automaker always tries to keep up the comfort and class together and always steps up with each release. We can all expect an improved model that is more fuel efficient and fun to ride.

http://www.fordcarsinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2017-Ford-Mustang-FCI-3.jpg?a7d044

2017 Ford Mustang render

2017 FORD MUSTANG CONCEPT EXTERIOR

Ford Mustang is known for its highly rigid body which is very strong. Similarly, the 2017 version will maintain the same body structure. The model comes with minimal exterior changes compared to the outgoing models.

It will sport a similar wheelbase; however, the front and rear fascias will feature some changes. The new body color is red with a dose of white which results in a fascinating profile and a black shade which adds an elegant touch. The front bumper and grille have been redesigned. The nose is more aggressive and the air vents are wider than the outgoing models.

Other features include a bigger hood and a larger power extractor than the predecessor model. At the rear, the vehicle features quad-angle exhaust pipes and a redesigned rear spoiler. The Mustang will ride on multiple-spoke Camo wheels similar to those of the Shelby GT 500. These wheels complement its exterior charm.

http://www.fordcarsinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2017-Ford-Mustang-FCI-5.jpg?a7d044

2017 Ford Mustang render

2017 FORD MUSTANG INTERIOR

Though there is little information about the model’s interior specs, we expect the cabin of the 2017 Ford Mustang to feature several new changes.

To start with, expect a roomier cabin. The seats will be upholstered in quality leather to offer a comfortable ride to all passengers. The steering wheel will feature acoustic control keys. Other standard features will include power-operated windows, a sporty LCD screen with MyFord infotainment system and an audio system that is compatible with USBs and an array of external devices.

For safety, the vehicle comes with a pack of two airbags as standard with an option for more airbags at an extra price and an integrated traction control system. We will inform you more on the interior styling once Ford avails more information.

http://www.fordcarsinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2017-Ford-Mustang-FCI-4.jpg?a7d044

ENGINE

The 2017 Ford Mustang will feature three engine options. The base models will be equipped with a 3.7 L, V6 engine capable of producing300 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque. The second engine is a 2.3 L, 4-cylinder EcoBoost engine capable of producing 310 hp and 320 lb-ft of torque. The final and the most potent engine on the Mustang GT is a 5.0 L, V8 unit that comes good with 435 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. All the engines will be paired with a 6-speed manual transmission system or a 6-speed automatic system.

The engines will also be equipped with two turbo to boost their overall performance. Fuel economy and speed specs are not available at the moment but we will give you updates once such information becomes available so make sure to come back for more.

http://www.fordcarsinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2017-Ford-Mustang-FCI-6.jpg?a7d044

2017 Ford Mustang render

PRICE AND RELEASE DATE

There are no official reports about the 2017 Ford Mustang release date or price. However, the production model is likely to be released in the second half of 2017 and will attract a starting price of around $ 22,500. This price could go as high as $ 40,000 for the Mustang GT when all optional are selected.

Don't forget to share!

Related Posts

http://www.fordcarsinfo.com/ford/2016-ford-everest/

2016 Ford Everest

http://www.fordcarsinfo.com/mustang/2015-ford-mustang-gt-apollo-edition/

2015 Ford Mustang GT Apollo Edition

http://www.fordcarsinfo.com/pickup-truck/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-race-truck/

2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

17 Comments

1. frank 

great.
    no mustang since the 2015 piece of … stuff, and instead of finally taking the opportunity to return to an actual mustang, ford has chosen to double down and go even further down the path of … well … ugly.
    I guess at least ford can say they have finally topped the Aztec for top spot … unfortunately it will be a list for which no auto manufacturer want to be considered.

• James Thomas 

I agree with you as I think the 15/16s are ugly and these renders are omg *lose of words*. Mustang sports car, Fusion luxury car, Taurus luxury car so why does Ford fill the need to make the Mustang look like a 2 door Fusion. Why………………………………please fire the Mustang developers.
      The Mustang is a Sports car not luxury car stop trying to make it look like a Fusion.

James Clark 

It does resemble a Fusion, no doubt about it but sitting in the driver’s seat and looking in the rear view mirror it’s a modern day 69.

2. Rob 

looks like an audi or an acura….amazing how ford has no clue of how their own vehicle used to look, absolutely horrible

3. John Fontaine 

I like the second version of the 2017 Mustang, though maybe in a brighter ‘ Acapulco Blue ‘ shade . :

4. Michael 

First, FORD knows EXACTLY where they are heading and came from! People the future is already closer than most realize. First, its LEGAL to marry the same sex in 2016 in AMERICA, be a female in the Special Forces, and if able become the US President! With change old ideas die off and the past is that idea. Most cars will look like eggs in the future and drive themselves like I Robot. SO WAKE the F… UP!

5. Bill C 

I wonder if their going to bring back a premium V-6. The V-6 for 2015-16 has very few
    options, I have a 2012 premium V-6 and have driven it across country twice.

6. Jim DeGreve 

I sure hope that color choices for the 2017 GT convertible top are more than just black.

7. James Thomas 

Come on this is very ugly and looks like a everyday ordinary cruise mobile. Nothing sporty about it and it looks nothing like a mustang at all.

I have owned mustangs form the 1982 GT to my 2014 GT tp. I don’t even like the looks of the 2015/16 mustangs as the nose and tales of them look awful. Now this 2017 mustang looks like crap with the 2016 Camaro’s getting meaner looking all the time I may jump ship.

• Mike 

I agree with you a little but only with parts of the front. I opted for the base model with PP and she is a beast with a few bolt ons and a dyno tune. As far as styling, the guard green looks good, but I added one inch spacers on all 4 tires and it changed the look a lot. Look up DTP racing in Chesapeake, va got 415rwhp. These new 15/16 coyote engines respond well and feel different. I had a 2011 and traded her in because she felt to soft on the road and had to much luxury crap. I got the premium but wanted the TP. All good though….

• Logan 

This is a concept not the real 2017 mustang. I would say the new look for the mustang has worked out very well, considering they are out selling the new camaro. Besides the camaro and mustang looks have all went to a more European style, same with most new vehicles on the market.

8. Steven Meyer 

These renderings are made up. It happens during every anticipated release of the new Mustang. These renderings have ALWAYS resembled a current Ford vehicle…usually a 4-door, that has been made to look like a coupe. With this rendering, they chose the Fusion. The new Mustang will NOT look like it. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet! The renderings for the anticipated 2005 Mustang looked nothing like it actually did!

• Chris Herndon 

What Steven Meyer said…

9. bigbirdwpg 

Well the world has voted with their wallets and the 2015-2016 Mustang has been selling like hot cakes, outselling the other 2 muscle cars by a wide margin – so obviously your opinion means ####e!

10. S. Mayeux 

I love my 2016 Mustang GT. Able to upgrade with SCT tune and cold air intake. Plenty great sound and power. 29000. Try buying a foreign sports car with this power for this price. American made and able…

11. TooktheRedPill 

For those of you getting all butt hurt about those pictures, they are conceptual renderings. One of them looks like a BMW 4-series merged with a Mustang nose. I strongly question some of the claims, especially a “roomier cabin”. That means redesigning the whole car. The 2017 will see some changes, like maybe a new nose, exterior color changes and of course an updated sync system that supports Apple’s Carplay and Android’s Auto.

12. Steve 

Agree, I seriously doubt they will look like those pictures…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked *

I'm not a spammer

IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-) 

What is 15 + 15 ?

RECENT POSTS

CATEGORIES

RECENT POSTS

RELATED ARTICLES

FIND US ON FACEBOOK

POPULAR ARTICLES

•  
  •  

RELATED SITES

FordCarsInfo.com Copyright © 2016.