What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Neutral arbitration is dead. NFL wins second appeal in a months time. (1 Viewer)

Will the NFLPA holdout before the current CBA expires in 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

Run It Up

Footballguy
Court of appeals just overturned judge Doty's ruling in Adrian Peterson's case, not a month after overturning judge Berman's ruling.

Current CBA expires 2020, after this first decision was overturned there was plenty of talk of a looming holdout to be sooner than later, idk how this does anything but accelerate that cause.

Please keep your dumb vitriolic garbage to their respective threads.

I generally see neutral arbitration as a sensible, straightforward idea in any sort of employment situation.  But it doesnt seem like a big enough deal to the majority of players who arent involved in discipline issues that they would be willing to hold out over it rather than waiting for the next cba megotiation.

Neutral arbitration and aspects of ambiguous player discipline are only a couple of the gripes that have been piling up.

I'd say they are two of the big four though, the other two being franchise tags and marijuana.

I generally see neutral arbitration as a sensible, straightforward idea in any sort of employment situation.  But it doesnt seem like a big enough deal to the majority of players who arent involved in discipline issues that they would be willing to hold out over it rather than waiting for the next cba megotiation.
Yep.  They'd be asking 99% of the players to forfeit checks on behalf of the 1% that do stupid stuff.  Not happening.

Court of appeals just overturned judge Doty's ruling in Adrian Peterson's case, not a month after overturning judge Berman's ruling.

Current CBA expires 2020, after this first decision was overturned there was plenty of talk of a looming holdout to be sooner than later, idk how this does anything but accelerate that cause.

Was there really?  I don't recall hearing anything like that, other than the NFLPA would likely try to address this in the next CBA-I don't recall hearing anything about a holdout, definitely not sooner than the next CBA.

Yep.  They'd be asking 99% of the players to forfeit checks on behalf of the 1% that do stupid stuff.  Not happening.
I post this in a lot of these type of threads. 99.9% pass the I.Q. test of "how much simpler do you want this to be"? Players know when they are going to be tested, they know if they get caught their going to be tested, and they know what the punishment is when they miss/fail a test.

Last edited by a moderator:

what was it in Tags' day? Seemed less dramatic but there wasn't social media then so...

Would it be best to return to whatever it was like then?

Users who are viewing this thread