What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need strategy help (1 Viewer)

Jedi Knight

Footballguy
Not sure exactly how to prioritize this, so I figured I would ask the pool. Our league voted this year to have a hybrid Auction/Serpentine draft. The first seven rounds will be auction, the remaining thirty rounds will be serpentine style. We draft IDP's as well as offensive lines, defensive lines and special teams. RB's, WR's, TE's, LB's and DB's all score about the same per game (30 pts), where QB's generally score nearly double (50-60 pg).

Now here's the twist. The auction part of our draft and "free-agent bidding" will use the same pool of money. We will be given $3500 to both auction with and bid on up to 4 free-agents per week. So, in a nutshell, the more I spend on the draft, the less I have to bid with, but the less I spend on the draft, the more I have for in-season bidding.

So, in this scenario, how would you stragedize? Spend more drafting and get the best talent early, or try to get the best value and have more cash for free-agent bidding? Unfortunately, this is our first year doing this, so I don't have any owner tendencies. Let me know your thoughts. TIA

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread