What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Basketball Thread - 2022-3 Season (4 Viewers)

Line jumped from Zags -2.5 to -3.5 /-4 in like 2 minutes, so.... take Kansas at your own peril

ETA: -4.5 pretty much everywhere now

Probably closes Zags -5 to -5.5
It’s now zags -3.5. No brainer bet right? Anything new going on with Gonzaga?
They were the most efficient team in the nation over the last month of the season.

Their resume got them a five seed but the way they have been playing, it’s evident they’re better.

They probably would’ve gotten a 6 seed if it wasn’t for the BYU Mormon seed adjusting.
Feels like they do better when they are a worse seed, but maybe that’s not true. I did think they were kind of undervalued but seemed like they weren’t too deep and they got matched up with Mcneese, so I thought they were a good upset candidate there.

Annual reminder that Izzo has one ring 24 years ago and people act like he’s John Wooden. Most overrated coach in the history of the game (for how people think of him).
One ring but he's gotten to the tournament 26 straight years and has averaged a final four appearance once every 3.25 years in that stretch. Is there any school that wouldn't take that?

Annual reminder that Izzo has one ring 24 years ago and people act like he’s John Wooden. Most overrated coach in the history of the game (for how people think of him).

I think he's a great coach. He's been consistent with quite a few Final Four appearances. Let's not make it seem like the Spartans are the Dallas Cowboys or something.

One ring but he's gotten to the tournament 26 straight years and has averaged a final four appearance once every 3.25 years in that stretch. Is there any school that wouldn't take that?
Yep, 8 final fours: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2015, 2019

Overrated is the wrong word, but his stubbornness has definitely hurt him the last 5+ years.

You notice they slowed way down after 2010. 2 finals fours in 14 years kind of sucks for a program as good as MSU.

Intermission here at the B1G Hockey Tournament game against UM, got a second to chime in.

Definitely was a disappointing season for MSU. Team was so up and down all year, no consistency. Zero inside presence. Tom needs to go to the portal for some help this year, but he’s too stubborn to do so.
Glad to see the Izzo team of old against Miss State, but UNC has just too much talent. Proud of the way they hung in today. As always GOGREEN

Overrated is the wrong word, but his stubbornness has definitely hurt him the last 5+ years.
I mean compared to how people think of him. He’s obviously a great coach all-time but shouldn’t be on the short list.

To be fair, not many schools even have one ring, let along coaches.

Also, 8 final fours.

Refs just took the OT off in the Oakland/NC st game.
Refs have been bad all tournament. Texas guy clearly makes a good block and it was called goaltending. Sucks that there’s no review sometimes because if the game was tight that’s a huge call. Just seems like I’ve seen way too many bad calls and we’re still in the second round.

Line jumped from Zags -2.5 to -3.5 /-4 in like 2 minutes, so.... take Kansas at your own peril

They were the most efficient team in the nation over the last month of the season.

Their resume got them a five seed but the way they have been playing, it’s evident they’re better.

They probably would’ve gotten a 6 seed if it wasn’t for the BYU Mormon seed adjusting.
Feels like they do better when they are a worse seed, but maybe that’s not true. I did think they were kind of undervalued but seemed like they weren’t too deep and they got matched up with Mcneese, so I thought they were a good upset candidate there.
I mean when they’ve had really good seeds, they’ve made it to two finals, about a half dozen final fours, so I think that’s pretty good. But yeah they basically do well with whatever seed they’re given. There’s a misconception that Gonzaga underperforms in the tournament but they actually are one of the better teams at going above seed expectation.

Refs just took the OT off in the Oakland/NC st game.
Refs have been bad all tournament. Texas guy clearly makes a good block and it was called goaltending. Sucks that there’s no review sometimes because if the game was tight that’s a huge call. Just seems like I’ve seen way too many bad calls and we’re still in the second round.
Well **** me sideways, three game time minutes later and they took the 2 points away. Doesn’t matter since Texas is turning everything over.

I mean when they’ve had really good seeds, they’ve made it to two finals, about a half dozen final fours, so I think that’s pretty good. But yeah they basically do well with whatever seed they’re given. There’s a misconception that Gonzaga underperforms in the tournament but they actually are one of the better teams at going above seed expectation.
I thought Kansas would hang the whole game, but Gonzaga was clearly better. Charles Barkley said before the game that Gonzaga would pull away in the second half, he was correct.

You notice they slowed way down after 2010. 2 finals fours in 14 years kind of sucks for a program as good as MSU.
Used to be good. Really not that good anymore. Just a 500 team in the BIG over the last 4 seasons.

Very disappointing season, starting out ranked #4 based on talent and senior guard play. Thought they would be much better.

About the final possession for Oakland.

I hated calling a TO there with 14 seconds left and game tied, they have OT in the bag, do not let NCS regroup their defense. Keep your flow going and play your offense.
In that spot D is on their heels, get a last second shot or foul. After the TO there was no flow when inbounded.

I thought Kansas would hang the whole game, but Gonzaga was clearly better. Charles Barkley said before the game that Gonzaga would pull away in the second half, he was corr
Kansas started the season with one of the best if not the best starting 5 but they had zero bench. Now they lost their 2nd best player for the year and Dickenson may not be 100%. Add to that that they had to start a player that was not ready for prime time to say the least and their bench became even more horrendous. 2nd half collapse was inevitable.

Pours one out for Oakland 🍺

At least I'll always have James Madison & Grand Canyon (You're welcome Hack)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread