What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (10 Viewers)

Knicks-Heat would be a fun 1st round series to watch.
Agreed. Love that the Bulls are in the 2 seed now. Huge win from that perspective.
These last few games were really the last difficult stretch for the Bulls. The schedule is reasonably light the rest of the way. #2 seed seems most likely.
I have no particular rooting interest for the Bulls, but I have to say I really enjoy watching them play. I hope they continue to do well in the playoffs, because they're very entertaining.

Dwyane Wade tweets:

The world is getting what it wants. The Heat is losing.

Oh sorry Dwyane, you're the victim here. Everybody hates you!!

Knicks-Heat would be a fun 1st round series to watch.
Agreed. Love that the Bulls are in the 2 seed now. Huge win from that perspective.
These last few games were really the last difficult stretch for the Bulls. The schedule is reasonably light the rest of the way. #2 seed seems most likely.
I have no particular rooting interest for the Bulls, but I have to say I really enjoy watching them play. I hope they continue to do well in the playoffs, because they're very entertaining.
I'm not sure which of the top 3 East teams would be the easiest for the Lakers in the Finals. Maybe the Heat due to their lack of quality big men.

Looks as if the Heat are going for their usual second half collapse. Christ.
Tied in the 4th. popcorn
Luol Deng trips over a teammate rebounding his own freethrow miss and gets a whistle. Brutal.The Bulls are a tough enough team to beat without the refs making phantom calls.
Me thinks someone needs to go back and watch a replay of what happened.And the most phantom call in the 4th was Korver's foul on Wade

Tied in the 4th. popcorn
Luol Deng trips over a teammate rebounding his own freethrow miss and gets a whistle. Brutal.The Bulls are a tough enough team to beat without the refs making phantom calls.
I thought that was a weak call too, honestly, but the Heat with 2 megastars and another all-star, need to play through that stuff anyways.

Tied in the 4th. popcorn
I thought that was a weak call too, honestly, but the Heat with 2 megastars and another all-star, need to play through that stuff anyways.
Watch the replay. It's on the ESPN front page right now. Miller is swatting across Deng right arm from behind as he's falling to the ground. It's an obvious foul, Deng ending up on the floor had nothing to do with it.

Tied in the 4th. popcorn
Watch the replay. It's on the ESPN front page right now. Miller is swatting across Deng right arm from behind as he's falling to the ground. It's an obvious foul, Deng ending up on the floor had nothing to do with it.
So Deng flops to the floor BEFORE Miller makes contact with his ARM? That warrants a foul? I hate the Heat, but the officials are messing up as usual.And the discussion between Mark Jackson and VanGundy about Howard getting hacked repeated is exactly correct. The league needs re-educate it's refs. What a traveshamockery.

Tied in the 4th. popcorn
So Deng flops to the floor BEFORE Miller makes contact with his ARM? That warrants a foul? I hate the Heat, but the officials are messing up as usual.And the discussion between Mark Jackson and VanGundy about Howard getting hacked repeated is exactly correct. The league needs re-educate it's refs. What a traveshamockery.
Before? You must be the Stevie Wonder typing. Not a word spelled wrong, yet you're blind

Last edited by a moderator:
Amare "He was not passing the ball, at all. But that's Kobe."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What an embarrassment.
Seriously. Just start a new NBA thread, tim. Everyone will move the discussion over there.Starting threads like this carries with it the responsibility of updating the subtitle to reflect current league happenings. It should not be in the hands of a casual fan with a hatred/grudge against the great Laker empire. It's childish.

What an embarrassment.
Seriously. Just start a new NBA thread, tim. Everyone will move the discussion over there.Starting threads like this carries with it the responsibility of updating the subtitle to reflect current league happenings. It should not be in the hands of a casual fan with a hatred/grudge against the great Laker empire. It's childish.
Why start a new thread? I love this thread. I hope the subtitle stays. Let it stay all throughout the playoffs. That would be classic.

What an embarrassment.
:lol: The ***OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA THREAD WITH APPROPRIATE TIMELY SUBTITLES THREAD***?

What an embarrassment.
Why start a new thread? I love this thread. I hope the subtitle stays. Let it stay all throughout the playoffs. That would be classic.
Yeah, I see your point. It's not like people don't know the Lakers are unbeatable right now.

What an embarrassment.
:lol:

What an embarrassment.
I'm glad that you can laugh at yourself; that's healthy.The echo you hear is the rest of us joining you.

The Suns put up a good fight tonight at Oklahoma City with a bunch of 3s that put the game into OT, but they couldn't keep it up and wind up losing. Fun game to watch the end of.

What an embarrassment.
I'm glad that you can laugh at yourself; that's healthy.The echo you hear is the rest of us joining you.
:shrug: it's actually hilarious how serious you and RN take the subtitles.

What an embarrassment.
:shrug: it's actually hilarious how serious you and RN take the subtitles.
"taking it seriously" ≠ being offended by Clavin's immaturity.

When the locker room first opened to reporters after the game, Stoudemire and Anthony were bantering and laughing about players on the Miami Heat crying after their loss earlier Sunday to the Chicago Bulls, with Stoudemire fingering Chris Bosh as the watery-eyed one (although Bosh, when asked by reporters in Miami whether he had cried, said he almost had but did not)."I heard Chris Bosh was crying tears," Stoudemire said."Tears?" Anthony asked."Yeah, tears," Stoudemire replied."Wait 'til I call him, man," Anthony said. "I'll be like: 'What are you doing?'"

What an embarrassment.
The quote is funny, but not in the way Skribbles intends it to be. That's on Amare.

'tommyGunZ said:
wake me up when the Finals start. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Still 3 tough games left on this roadie, let alone the rest of the season. I think the Lakers are still the best in the West, and maybe the league, it all depends on how Bynum's doing. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out if he can actually make it through the postseason healthy. I can see he's just starting to get confidence in his knees back over the last couple of weeks, he looks comfortable landing on one leg, which he was noticeably avoiding prior, and he's running the court better. Still doesn't have his top game footwork back yet, or his shooting touch.On another note, my Bucks really let me down last night, I thought they might steal one from the hated C's but they really choked down the stretch. Would have been nice to have Bogut and Ilyasova for that one. Still, Jennings sure is a nifty player for such a tiny (NBA) guy.

I don't get why Lakers fans are whining about the subtitle here. There is a whole other thread devoted to the Lakers with it's own selectively updated subtitles. Go there.

"Everybody responds differently," Lakers guard Kobe Bryant told the "Max and Marcellus" radio show on 710 ESPN in Los Angeles. "If guys are crying in the locker room, guys are crying in the locker room. That doesn't mean they're chumps. That doesn't mean they're soft. It doesn't mean anything."
:lmao:GB Bryant for keeping chumps in the vernacular, definitely not used enough.

I don't get why Lakers fans are whining about the subtitle here. There is a whole other thread devoted to the Lakers with it's own selectively updated subtitles. Go there.
I am pretty sure that is why Clavin is so selective with his subtitles updates. He is mocking how biased the other way JMon used to be with them in the Lakers threads in years past.

I am pretty sure that is why Clavin is so selective with his subtitles updates. He is mocking how biased the other way JMon used to be with them in the Lakers threads in years past.
:goodposting: Straight stealin my shtick! #####!

:goodposting:It's as good as shtick can get on this message board.

Portland wins by 4, bizarre last sequence for the Magic. Down by 4 with 20 seconds left, they work the clock!! and don't shoot until 5 seconds left.

Portland wins by 4, bizarre last sequence for the Magic. Down by 4 with 20 seconds left, they work the clock!! and don't shoot until 5 seconds left.
They're pretty much locked in as the 4 seed, but Dwight's immaturity and dumb antics cost his team a win tonight.He's having the best year of his career, but he needs to grow up.

McMillen and Karl both sign contract extensions. Some guy on the radio (can't remember who) last night was talking about McMillen as a possible candidate for the Heat job if/when they suck it in the playoffs. He mentioned Doc Rivers as another candidate, so I figure he'll be signing an extension with the C's any day now.

McMillen and Karl both sign contract extensions. Some guy on the radio (can't remember who) last night was talking about McMillen as a possible candidate for the Heat job if/when they suck it in the playoffs. He mentioned Doc Rivers as another candidate, so I figure he'll be signing an extension with the C's any day now.
Doc Rivers and Phil Jackson are two of the very few coaches in the league that have proven that they can handle multiple "alpha" personalities and win a championship. There may be others who could do it though few of them have. But one of the others with this on his resume is currently working as the general manager of the Miami Heat...

Doc Rivers and Phil Jackson are two of the very few coaches in the league that have proven that they can handle multiple "alpha" personalities and win a championship. There may be others who could do it though few of them have. But one of the others with this on his resume is currently working as the general manager of the Miami Heat...
Riles won't jump until the roster is less flawed, if at all. He's not going to go down with this sinking ship - Spoelstra gets to be the easy scapegoat at the end of the season. Maybe Riles is just too friggin old at this point. LeBron and Bosh seem to be incredibly immature, let alone the whole alpha dog thing - if I'm nearing retirement I don't know that I want to try and mold these guys into champions on a daily basis. But Riles's ego is so huge maybe he'll do it.

They're pretty much locked in as the 4 seed, but Dwight's immaturity and dumb antics cost his team a win tonight.He's having the best year of his career, but he needs to grow up.
He needs one more year of seasoning, then he'll be mature and ready to play for the varsity team.

Users who are viewing this thread