What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (2 Viewers)

Anyone actually see Arenas get served with child support papers walking to the tunnel at halftime?

Kareem says he's cancer free! :thumbdown:

I was thinking watching the Dallas v Boston game that there are Bulls draft picks all over the league. If you look at rookies they ended draft night with the rights to it includes:

PG: Rose, Hinrich, Duhon

SG: Crawford, Gordon

SF: Deng, Artest

PF: Brand, Thomas, Gibson

C: Noah, Chandler

Any other teams with so many contributors drafted? Not sure at all if the Bulls are just the norm.

I was thinking watching the Dallas v Boston game that there are Bulls draft picks all over the league. If you look at rookies they ended draft night with the rights to it includes:PG: Rose, Hinrich, DuhonSG: Crawford, GordonSF: Deng, ArtestPF: Brand, Thomas, GibsonC: Noah, ChandlerAny other teams with so many contributors drafted? Not sure at all if the Bulls are just the norm.
The Bulls have done an amazing job drafting, and a horrible job managing those draft picks. That is a whole lot of talent at or near the primes of their careers.

I was thinking watching the Dallas v Boston game that there are Bulls draft picks all over the league. If you look at rookies they ended draft night with the rights to it includes:PG: Rose, Hinrich, DuhonSG: Crawford, GordonSF: Deng, ArtestPF: Brand, Thomas, GibsonC: Noah, ChandlerAny other teams with so many contributors drafted? Not sure at all if the Bulls are just the norm.
There's some good players there for sure, but then again, they've benefited from quite a few top picks since Jordan retired.

Random question (and I'll be interested to take a look after the season): Will Cleveland double their current win total (7) by the end of the regular season??? If so, how many wins total do you project by year's end?I'm surprised they've won 7 so far. Cast of mediocre bit players (to put it kindly) that I believe had any confidence shattered by the Heat game.
1-19 since the Miami game. Forget doubling their win total, will they break the double digit win barrier by year's end? My personal opinion on this team has been it's amongst the worst assembly of talent in NBA history. Maybe the Heat cheerleading squad will have some openings next year. Seems a few of them would prefer scoring brownie points with Lebron than points for an NBA team.
Now losers of 23 straight. One way from the record.Forget double digit wins now. Will they win another game this season?

Britney Spears said:
Juxtatarot said:
timschochet said:
Spurs look awfully good. I have been pretty confident that the Lakers would beat them in a 7 game series, but now I'm not sure...
Right. The Lakers keep losing these high profile games. This idea that they can just turn things on in the playoffs at will is dangerous.
If any team can "flip the switch", it's the Lakers. They still have Kobe/Gasol, and they will still be favored in every playoff series. I sure would like to see them snooze away a season though!
That "switch" isn't off when they're playing at home against Boston and SA. A loss vs a crap team on the road? Sure, they may not have been giving it their best. But not at home vs top teams.
Probably true. I've just seen the Lakers turn it on at playoff times before, so it's easy to imagine it happening again.

Maybe Proky knew this and saved face.....next move for Nets?

As for the Nugs do they accept a sub par deal for Melo or make him lose the extension and keep him until the bitter end?

Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported late Friday night that multiple sources tell him that Carmelo Anthony's agent, Leon Rose, has begun informing teams that Anthony will only sign an extension with the Knicks.

There have been varying reports and sources have been wrong and/or misleading in the past, but we've had the Knicks pegged as his probable destination and it appears the dominoes are falling into place. The key question is whether or not Donnie Walsh wants a happy superstar, which means signing Anthony to the extension he wants, and beating trade offers from the teams that would rent him for the playoffs. We tend to think that if Walsh wants Melo in his future he will want him happy, but if Walsh balks then things could spin out of control. Regardless, owners of Knicks players continue to be put on notice

Maybe Proky knew this and saved face.....next move for Nets? As for the Nugs do they accept a sub par deal for Melo or make him lose the extension and keep him until the bitter end? Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported late Friday night that multiple sources tell him that Carmelo Anthony's agent, Leon Rose, has begun informing teams that Anthony will only sign an extension with the Knicks.There have been varying reports and sources have been wrong and/or misleading in the past, but we've had the Knicks pegged as his probable destination and it appears the dominoes are falling into place. The key question is whether or not Donnie Walsh wants a happy superstar, which means signing Anthony to the extension he wants, and beating trade offers from the teams that would rent him for the playoffs. We tend to think that if Walsh wants Melo in his future he will want him happy, but if Walsh balks then things could spin out of control. Regardless, owners of Knicks players continue to be put on notice
Well there should be lots of Booing for the rest of the year in Denver. If all NY is going to offer is Curry and Fields or something, I say the Nuggets just hold onto Melo for the rest of the season and let him run off in free agency next year. If he wants out, he'll have to do it making a third less money.

Donnie ;) WalshGive up nothingDon't break up the teamSign Melo as a FA after the season
If Melo signs, they'll still have to get rid of 2-3 or maybe even more legit rotation guys. There is almost no chance for them to resign Chandler and sign Melo, so hes gone, and to clear space they'll have to probably get rid of Randolph (no big loss) and try to find a home for either Mosgov or Turiaf (good luck with doing that without including some other talent). If the cap were to significantly change they would have to dump even more salary. If I were the Knicks, I would be looking to give the Nuggets something like Walker, Gallo, Randolph and Curry and hope they take it so the Knicks won't have to lose Chandler. IMO Chandler>>>Gallo.

Donnie :goodposting: WalshGive up nothingDon't break up the teamSign Melo as a FA after the season
If Melo signs, they'll still have to get rid of 2-3 or maybe even more legit rotation guys. There is almost no chance for them to resign Chandler and sign Melo, so hes gone, and to clear space they'll have to probably get rid of Randolph (no big loss) and try to find a home for either Mosgov or Turiaf (good luck with doing that without including some other talent). If the cap were to significantly change they would have to dump even more salary. If I were the Knicks, I would be looking to give the Nuggets something like Walker, Gallo, Randolph and Curry and hope they take it so the Knicks won't have to lose Chandler. IMO Chandler>>>Gallo.
Gotta disagree with you here.Chandler is an Isiah guy and is nowhere to be found in the 2nd half of most games.Gallo is here to stay.

This is just going to end up bad for the Nuggets. I sound like a broken record, but they need to start pressuring him that he needs to sign or he is going to be gone by the deadline. Decide which teams you will sign with and we will try and get it done. If you say you only want one team, fine. We are trading you to Sub .500 Team X** and understand the new CBA may have a franchise tag they can slap on you.

I know alot of people are saying Denver should just keep him until the end of the year and see what happens. I don't think that is a good idea for two reasons. One: I doubt management makes a move before the trade deadline to maybe try and better the team around Melo for a championship run this year. I don't know if they would anyway, but you know they aren't now.

Two: taking a play out of the Lebron book, if the Nuggets get to the playoffs and Melo has a bad game, everyone will be wondering, "Well, he wasn't invested in this team anyway and he just phoned it in tonight." It just creates problems this team doesn't need.

(**I didn't make the mistake of mentioning the Timberwolves because I saw how mad their fans got at me last time when I suggested this :unsure: )

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just going to end up bad for the Nuggets. I sound like a broken record, but they need to start pressuring him that he is going to be gone by the deadline. Decide which teams you will sign with and we will try and get it done. If you say you only want one team, fine. We are trading you to Crappy Team X and understand the new CBA may have a franchise tag they can slap on you.(Notice I didn't mention the Timberwolves because I saw how mad their fans got at me last time when I suggested this :lmao: )
The problem I see with this is the Nuggets are currently pretty much a lock for the Playoffs if they keep him. For a rental you are probably looking at something like Caron Butler and their first rounder (~25th pick) or Yao Ming and their pick (with Melo 20-25th pick). There is no incentive to trade him other than to just stick it to him for wanting to go to the Knicks, it would be counter productive to the organization to give him away. If he wants to go to NY and they won't offer a legit trade, keep him and make a run at the playoffs, make a couple more million dollars from the revenue and hope he can drag you into the 2nd or 3rd round. Then, if there is a franchise tag the Nuggets can stick it on him, if not oh well. I would rather have 4 more months of Melo than the next Kosta Koufos or Morris Almond (sorry to the Jazz fans out there).

I want the record to reflect that I typed Crappy Team X and then quickly edited it to Sub .500 Team X so as to not offend anyone, but Kev was too quick on the draw there.... :lmao:

Also because Denver is playing Minnesota tonight and I could just see them beating us, so I didn't want to curse the Nuggets

Donnie :coffee: WalshGive up nothingDon't break up the teamSign Melo as a FA after the season
Turiaf I believe is only due something like 4.1 mill and would be an easy move to clear space and Gallo>>>>>Chandler. You have already seen what Chandler has to offer, but Gallo's potential is much higher.

Donnie :coffee: WalshGive up nothingDon't break up the teamSign Melo as a FA after the season
Turiaf I believe is only due something like 4.1 mill and would be an easy move to clear space and Gallo>>>>>Chandler. You have already seen what Chandler has to offer, but Gallo's potential is much higher.
Whatever the case, the Knicks lose nothing by trying to trade for Melo at a reasonable price, but have lots to lose if the CBA makes big changes with the cap.

Cavs making a great case for LeBron James MVP again.
A great case for him last year. I don't think Cleveland's situation should make any difference at all to Lebron's MVP candidacy in 2011.I think the fact that he is the best player in the NBA, having the best year in the NBA should be enough.

This is just going to end up bad for the Nuggets. I sound like a broken record, but they need to start pressuring him that he is going to be gone by the deadline. Decide which teams you will sign with and we will try and get it done. If you say you only want one team, fine. We are trading you to Crappy Team X and understand the new CBA may have a franchise tag they can slap on you.(Notice I didn't mention the Timberwolves because I saw how mad their fans got at me last time when I suggested this :lmao: )
The problem I see with this is the Nuggets are currently pretty much a lock for the Playoffs if they keep him. For a rental you are probably looking at something like Caron Butler and their first rounder (~25th pick) or Yao Ming and their pick (with Melo 20-25th pick). There is no incentive to trade him other than to just stick it to him for wanting to go to the Knicks, it would be counter productive to the organization to give him away. If he wants to go to NY and they won't offer a legit trade, keep him and make a run at the playoffs, make a couple more million dollars from the revenue and hope he can drag you into the 2nd or 3rd round. Then, if there is a franchise tag the Nuggets can stick it on him, if not oh well. I would rather have 4 more months of Melo than the next Kosta Koufos or Morris Almond (sorry to the Jazz fans out there).
Why cant melo sign with the team that he wants to? I dont get why he is subjected to a different mood of wanting FA when his contract runs out. Every league the star player has a chance to test FA after 8 seasons, why any ill will towards Melo if he wants the same? Why boo him if you are a Denver fan? i dont get it

Donnie :lmao: WalshGive up nothingDon't break up the teamSign Melo as a FA after the season
Whatever the case, the Knicks lose nothing by trying to trade for Melo at a reasonable price, but have lots to lose if the CBA makes big changes with the cap.
Only a non Knick fan would think Chandler is > then Gallo. Gallo should not be traded for Melo as it seems we can get Melo for free in offseason.Offer Nuggets Fields, Curry, Chandler and thats the best offer they get

Donnie :jawdrop: WalshGive up nothingDon't break up the teamSign Melo as a FA after the season
Agreed. TRade for Derron Williams (with two years left) and then sign Melo in the offseoasn
:goodposting: Now hypothetically they traded for Williams (which Utah would never ever ever ever ever do), they would have $34M with just him and Amare. I highly doubt they could make room for Melo with those two on the roster. They'll never have room for 3 superstars, it only worked in Miami because they all came at a discount and the only player on the roster was Chalmers making less than one million dollars.

This is just going to end up bad for the Nuggets. I sound like a broken record, but they need to start pressuring him that he is going to be gone by the deadline. Decide which teams you will sign with and we will try and get it done. If you say you only want one team, fine. We are trading you to Crappy Team X and understand the new CBA may have a franchise tag they can slap on you.(Notice I didn't mention the Timberwolves because I saw how mad their fans got at me last time when I suggested this :goodposting: )
Why cant melo sign with the team that he wants to? I dont get why he is subjected to a different mood of wanting FA when his contract runs out. Every league the star player has a chance to test FA after 8 seasons, why any ill will towards Melo if he wants the same? Why boo him if you are a Denver fan? i dont get it
Was that supposed to be directed at me? I said nothing about booing him or saying he can't leave. I just say they shouldn't give him away this year, it makes no sense from a basketball POV or business POV.I will say that if his view the whole time was he wanted in NYC or bust, he should have either made that known from the get go (maybe he did and the Nuggets were just playing NJ to get a good offer from NY) or shut his mouth and left in the offseason. This whole circus has been a pretty ####ty time for Nuggets fans, and he is the one 100% responsible for it. He deserves to get booed for that.

This is just going to end up bad for the Nuggets. I sound like a broken record, but they need to start pressuring him that he is going to be gone by the deadline. Decide which teams you will sign with and we will try and get it done. If you say you only want one team, fine. We are trading you to Crappy Team X and understand the new CBA may have a franchise tag they can slap on you.(Notice I didn't mention the Timberwolves because I saw how mad their fans got at me last time when I suggested this :goodposting: )
Was that supposed to be directed at me? I said nothing about booing him or saying he can't leave. I just say they shouldn't give him away this year, it makes no sense from a basketball POV or business POV.I will say that if his view the whole time was he wanted in NYC or bust, he should have either made that known from the get go (maybe he did and the Nuggets were just playing NJ to get a good offer from NY) or shut his mouth and left in the offseason. This whole circus has been a pretty ####ty time for Nuggets fans, and he is the one 100% responsible for it. He deserves to get booed for that.
not you per se but in the context of your post.I dont get what else Melo could have done differently. Of course he made it known from getgo that he wanted NY, and every beat reported except from that Iazonne guy knew the Nets were wasting their time since he would not sign extension. I can guarantee you that Prok dold Nets GM have a deal in place and I will personally get Melo to sign. When Prok came and saw this wasn't as easy as he thought he pulled plug to save face but Melo always said NY.He has shut his mouth from folliwing this drama all year, the word got out from Chris Paul's toast in NY and the media started speculating from then on. This wasn't a Melo orchestrated circus from what I have read.he is still trying and getting the Nuggets wins so you cant fault him. But for you to think the Nuggets are better off making playoffs and losing him for free just to spite Melo and possibly make him lose 15M is crazy. He will have excess of 100M career earnings, he still wont be hurting for cash. If the best the Nuggets can get now is Fields and Chandler then they should take that as its better then nothing. Plus as a nugs fan i would want them to lose games and not make playoffs and maybe get a top lottery choice ala Bulls and Rose

This is just going to end up bad for the Nuggets. I sound like a broken record, but they need to start pressuring him that he is going to be gone by the deadline. Decide which teams you will sign with and we will try and get it done. If you say you only want one team, fine. We are trading you to Crappy Team X and understand the new CBA may have a franchise tag they can slap on you.(Notice I didn't mention the Timberwolves because I saw how mad their fans got at me last time when I suggested this :thumbup: )
not you per se but in the context of your post.I dont get what else Melo could have done differently. Of course he made it known from getgo that he wanted NY, and every beat reported except from that Iazonne guy knew the Nets were wasting their time since he would not sign extension. I can guarantee you that Prok dold Nets GM have a deal in place and I will personally get Melo to sign. When Prok came and saw this wasn't as easy as he thought he pulled plug to save face but Melo always said NY.He has shut his mouth from folliwing this drama all year, the word got out from Chris Paul's toast in NY and the media started speculating from then on. This wasn't a Melo orchestrated circus from what I have read.he is still trying and getting the Nuggets wins so you cant fault him. But for you to think the Nuggets are better off making playoffs and losing him for free just to spite Melo and possibly make him lose 15M is crazy. He will have excess of 100M career earnings, he still wont be hurting for cash. If the best the Nuggets can get now is Fields and Chandler then they should take that as its better then nothing. Plus as a nugs fan i would want them to lose games and not make playoffs and maybe get a top lottery choice ala Bulls and Rose
His effort is definitely down this year, hes still trying, but you can tell he feels like he is in some sort of basketball purgatory. Hes kept his mouth mostly shut with the media about the situation because he can't say a whole lot, if he started saying that he wanted out publicly he would be fined by the NBA and probably be suspended by the Nuggets and hes clearly trying not to look like the total doosh Lebron turned out to be. I laid out what he should have done differently, he hasn't completely mismanaged his situation like Lebron, but he could have done it better.If it comes down to the trade deadline and the Chandler/Fields trade is the best thing they could get, they would have to consider it. In the end I wouldn't take it if I were in charge because Chandler wouldn't be a Nugget in 2011-2012 because hes going to want a contract in the 8-10 million dollar range and I'm not sure he is worth that for any team but he definitely isn't worth it for a lottery bound Nuggets team. So, for the Nuggs they would have to weigh Melo for 4 months v Fields for the next 3+ years. If Fields long term position is SG (I think its probably SF), he isn't worth much to the Nuggets because they have Afflalo who is a better talent at the 2 guard.The Nuggets won't win the Lottery if they trade Melo and drop a team or two out of the playoffs. Stern doesn't care about basketball here in Colorado so I would highly doubt he would rig the Nuggets into getting the number one pick to get Patrick Ew...... I mean Derrick Ro......And I don't think they shouldn't trade him out of spite, there are a handful of reasons not to do the Knicks trade. As I covered, the talent doesn't make a whole lot of sense (other than the possibility of Fields and Gallo, not Chandler). It also makes the new front office look weak in their first dealings in the NBA, trading Melo for a role player is not a very good PR move. Plus there is a couple situations this off season with the CBA that could basically force him to stay in Denver. If the lower the cap significantly NY won't have the money to sign him, and there is some talk about a franchise tag. Lets say the cap being lowered significantly is a 10% chance and the franchise tag is 5%, that 15% chance of keeping Melo>>> Fields.

Donnie :) Walsh

Give up nothing

Don't break up the team

Sign Melo as a FA after the season
Only a non Knick fan would think Chandler is > then Gallo. Gallo should not be traded for Melo as it seems we can get Melo for free in offseason.Offer Nuggets Fields, Curry, Chandler and thats the best offer they get
No. They'll have to give up half their team to sign him this summer. How do you not understand this yet?

Take it with a grain of salt because it comes from Blowssard, but the deal being talked about now is

NY gets Melo

Minny gets Eddy Curry and AR

Den gets Chandler, Corey Brewer and 1st rd pick from Minny

Melo to NY rumor

You guys think Landry Fields will develop into a player or will he top out at 10-12 ppg?
on a high level contender probably about 12-15 points. On a garbage team he could be a 15-18 PPG guy easily IMO
Hes clearly a great rebounder, but I wonder if he can serve the role as consistent long range sharpshooter. Do you think hes that kind of 3 point shooter?

Take it with a grain of salt because it comes from Blowssard, but the deal being talked about now is

NY gets Melo

Melo to NY rumor
Wow - you wonder why Nugs fans would be ticked off at Melo....they were talking Favors, Harris, a top 5 pick in 2011, another pick and cap relief and now Chandler, Brewer and a late 1st rder (read that its Utahs pick) - thats garbageI agree with Kev - If Im Denver I would play poker and keep Melo and let him lose his extension plus hope that the new CBA has a franchise tag (I can see that happening as a solution to these stars colluding)

You guys think Landry Fields will develop into a player or will he top out at 10-12 ppg?
on a high level contender probably about 12-15 points. On a garbage team he could be a 15-18 PPG guy easily IMO
Hes clearly a great rebounder, but I wonder if he can serve the role as consistent long range sharpshooter. Do you think hes that kind of 3 point shooter?
He's definitely a great rebounder, but his numbers are also inflated by having the worst rebounding front court I've ever seen. His shooting numbers also seem fluky to me because he wasn't this good on the college 3 point line. With his relatively old age, and lack of ball skills I really think he is close to his ceiling.

He's definitely a great rebounder, but his numbers are also inflated by having the worst rebounding front court I've ever seen. His shooting numbers also seem fluky to me because he wasn't this good on the college 3 point line. With his relatively old age, and lack of ball skills I really think he is close to his ceiling.
Wow thats quite a statement, guy is a rookie and he is close to his ceiling? Seems to me that a couple of off-seasons of honing his jump shot and 3 pointer would do wonders for his game. In college he averaged 20+ ppg (meaning he scored in a variety of ways) and this year in the NBA he is the 5th worst SG of getting to the foul line (1.8 attempts per game). By driving to the hoop more he could really add another dimension to his game.

NY gets Melo

Melo to NY rumor
I saw that last night and laughed. I'm not 100% sure, but being that Minny has a protected pick out already for the 2011 draft that is almost assuredly going to be a 2012 pick, isn't the earliest pick the TWolves could trade 2014? This looks like a horrible trade for everybody but NY. Minnesota has no need for Randolph. Johnson, Webster, Beasley and Love are all better players and Randolph's minutes would probably come from one of them.... but on the other hand Kahn has never viewed talent as a driving force on making decisions. For the Nuggets it looks like a trophy pick just to show that they got a first rounder and a 2011 salary dump. Horrible.

NY gets Melo

Melo to NY rumor
Wow - you wonder why Nugs fans would be ticked off at Melo....they were talking Favors, Harris, a top 5 pick in 2011, another pick and cap relief and now Chandler, Brewer and a late 1st rder (read that its Utahs pick) - thats garbageI agree with Kev - If Im Denver I would play poker and keep Melo and let him lose his extension plus hope that the new CBA has a franchise tag (I can see that happening as a solution to these stars colluding)
I think Denver leaked the details of this proposed deal to the media in an effort to drum up interest from other teams who have to say wow we can do better than that. Kiddnets I dont really think that Favors and a top 5 pick was a realistic option because Melo was never serious about signing an extension with NJ.

NY gets Melo

Melo to NY rumor
I saw that last night and laughed. I'm not 100% sure, but being that Minny has a protected pick out already for the 2011 draft that is almost assuredly going to be a 2012 pick, isn't the earliest pick the TWolves could trade 2014? This looks like a horrible trade for everybody but NY. Minnesota has no need for Randolph. Johnson, Webster, Beasley and Love are all better players and Randolph's minutes would probably come from one of them.... but on the other hand Kahn has never viewed talent as a driving force on making decisions. For the Nuggets it looks like a trophy pick just to show that they got a first rounder and a 2011 salary dump. Horrible.
Minny owns Utah Jazz pick currently the #20 pick if season ended today. Anthony "Magic" Randolph can come in and solve Minny's PG problem (j/k). Denver should at least be able to unload Harrington contract in any Melo deal to make it remotely fair from their point of view.

Wow thats quite a statement, guy is a rookie and he is close to his ceiling? Seems to me that a couple of off-seasons of honing his jump shot and 3 pointer would do wonders for his game. In college he averaged 20+ ppg (meaning he scored in a variety of ways) and this year in the NBA he is the 5th worst SG of getting to the foul line (1.8 attempts per game). By driving to the hoop more he could really add another dimension to his game.
Hes not a particularly good dribbler which makes that driving to the hoop thing tricky without greatly increasing his turnovers. In the world of one and done players, its been shown that four year college guys don't improve like the one or two year college players. He gets a good portion of his points from hustling and putting himself in great position, but hes not going to do a whole lot more of that kind of stuff than he already is. On top of that he was a 34% 3-point shooter in college, that is very rarely a player that turns out to be a successful 3-point shooter in the pros. On top of that, most scouts were projecting him as a combo forward because of his size and relative lack of skills and mediocre athleticism. The scouts were clearly wrong on him, but I'm thinking the Fields we are seeing now is a bit of a mirage.

NY gets Melo

Melo to NY rumor
Minny owns Utah Jazz pick currently the #20 pick if season ended today. Anthony "Magic" Randolph can come in and solve Minny's PG problem (j/k). Denver should at least be able to unload Harrington contract in any Melo deal to make it remotely fair from their point of view.
Didn't know that, that changes things a bit. And I agree with you about Harrington.

NY gets Melo

Melo to NY rumor
I beginning to believe that too. There is no reason to do this trade as proposed. Melo walks and Denver gets nothing of substantial value in return. It would just be a trade for trades sake. I wouldn't be suprised if Denver leaked this to try and either get more or to make it look to the fans that management did all they could to get ANYTHING for him--which in turn really makes Melo look like a jerk.

If I were management, I still would keep playing up the franchise tag angle. I would also throw in the fact that New York really doesn't want to give us much because they know you desperately want to play for them and if the CBA goes bad for the players, they can get you next year at 20% off what they would have to pay now.

I wish I was a fly on the wall at some of these meetings.

NY gets Melo

Melo to NY rumor
I beginning to believe that too. There is no reason to do this trade as proposed. Melo walks and Denver gets nothing of substantial value in return. It would just be a trade for trades sake. I wouldn't be suprised if Denver leaked this to try and either get more or to make it look to the fans that management did all they could to get ANYTHING for him--which in turn really makes Melo look like a jerk.

If I were management, I still would keep playing up the franchise tag angle. I would also throw in the fact that New York really doesn't want to give us much because they know you desperately want to play for them and if the CBA goes bad for the players, they can get you next year at 20% off what they would have to pay now.

I wish I was a fly on the wall at some of these meetings.
I just can't seeing this being NY's ultimate offer. Those 3 guys are assuredly gone next year anyway. If Denver wants Chandler they can sign him next year.But if this is their final offer, I'm 100% in the hang onto Melo camp.

NY gets Melo

Melo to NY rumor
I think Denver leaked the details of this proposed deal to the media in an effort to drum up interest from other teams who have to say wow we can do better than that. Kiddnets I dont really think that Favors and a top 5 pick was a realistic option because Melo was never serious about signing an extension with NJ.
That may be the case but its gotta be tough for a Nugs fan to have those parameters so close for so long and now cause Melo says only NYK you are looking at lousy deals. I would be pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread