What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA Fanduel (1 Viewer)

Anyone still playing?Tonite was free money in the 50/50s. 19 of the 50 in my league starter a 0. Condia had to get killed tonite as he was playing Parker.I've been treading water winning the 50/50s and losing the big contests.
Yes, it was quite hilarious the way Parker was announced "out" 22 seconds after 7pm. I was in such a good mood I decided to amuse myself further by emptying my wallet into the toilet.

Anyone still playing?Tonite was free money in the 50/50s. 19 of the 50 in my league starter a 0. Condia had to get killed tonite as he was playing Parker.I've been treading water winning the 50/50s and losing the big contests.
Yes, it was quite hilarious the way Parker was announced "out" 22 seconds after 7pm. I was in such a good mood I decided to amuse myself further by emptying my wallet into the toilet.
I too was Parkered! Marion, George and Waiters were also tuurrible, so I wasn't too upset. I've actually been doing pretty awful on fanduel for the past couple weeks, so I've been trying out some other sites, by just joining freerolls. I also took $50 from my fanduel account and put it on Drafstreet at the beginning of PGA, so I could try golf. I've also tried some NBA and one hockey GPP were I finished 9/220(fyi....I know nothing about hockey).If anyone cares, these are the other sites I've tried and the freerolls they have. The Fake Basketball has links to these. Also, I mostly play in $1-$5 games.DraftStreet- $300 NBA freeroll every Friday. Prices on this site are much higher than fanduel and they update them everyday. If you take Lebron or Durant good luck. Scoring is a little different(assists are 1.5, RB 1.25 and any missed shot/FT is -0.5. You start G,G,F,F,C,C,U,U and the salary cap is 100k(Lebron/Durant are currently 22k). This site also doesn't tell you who is in the league your joining. Second largest GPPs I've seen, but small compared to Fanduel, usually between 150 and 550 people. I only have $25 of my original $50 after 5 weeks.Daily Joust- Freerolls every day for NBA, NHL and CBB, but you only win $1 if you place. When you first sign up you get to play a $5 game for free called target score. Hit 225 you win $5. Prices aren't as high as DraftStreet, but more than Fanduel. Same scoring and lineup as fanduel, but guys will have SG/SF, PF/C eligibility etc. Salary cap is 1/1.2 million(Lebron is 219k, Harden 208k). They also have leagues for beginners that are only for people with less than 10 wins in that particular sport. No big GPPs, everything with more than 50 people seems to be a 50/50. I beat the target score and placed in an NBA freeroll, so I've got $6 bucks to work with. lolDraftKings- NBA freeroll everyday, top 25 get entry into step 1 tourney. Decent salaries. You start PG, SG, SF, PF, C, G, F, U. Players have multiple position eligibility. Salary cap is 50k(Lebron 10.7k). Third largest GPPs I've seen. The scoring here is a little different. Points, ST and BL are the same as Fanduel, but AS are 1.5, RB 1.25, 3 ball is .5, Double-Double 1.5, Triple-Double 3 and TO -0.5. I've won nothing here.Fantasyfued- NBA, NHL and CBB freerolls every Fri or Sat. Winner gets $25. Lowest salaries other than Fanduel, but this site is small compared to the others. Mostly 10 team leagues or less. Starting lineup is G,G,G,F,F,F,C,C,U,U. Salary cap is 1 mill(Lebron $177,373, Harden $158,607). For Scoring Pts, St, BL and TO are the same as fanduel, but AS are 1.75, RB 1.25 and missed FT are -1. I won $2.20 in a NHL freeroll. Living Large!I just started playing on the last three sites I mentioned during the past week and Draftstreet at the beginning of PGA season. I like Fantasyfued, but wish it was a little more popular. I still want to check out DraftDay and Fan Throwdown.Two things I liked...On Draftstreet and Draftkings they showed you the % each player is used in your particular league and Draftkings lets you swap out players up until their game starts. PS I've never seen Condia on the other sites. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Been taking a break lately with FanDuel for NBA/NHL. Haven't done too well the past couple of weeks. NFL is king what can I say

Cashed my non-Parker lineup last night but narrowly lost my Parker lineup. Kinda sucks...both should have been winners.Been treading as well for the last week or so in both sports.

Melo as PF? Lebron cheaper than Durant? What the what? Paul George's price finally caught up to him. This is one I'm rolling out assuming none of these guys gets traded.PG Greivis Vasquez NO @ CLE PG Ricky Rubio MIN v PHI SG Nick Young PHI @ MIN SG Monta Ellis MIL v BKN SF LeBron James MIA @ ATL SF Andrei Kirilenko MIN v PHIPF Kevin Garnett BOS @ LAL PF Andrew Nicholson ORL @ DALC Nikola Pekovic MIN v PHI Didn't really mean to load up on the 76ers/Timberwolves game. I might need to change that.

Is it as easy to make money on NBA as it is on NFL games? I think the last time I watched an NBA game, Drazen Petrovic was playing. Could I get up to speed in a week?

Is it as easy to make money on NBA as it is on NFL games? I think the last time I watched an NBA game, Drazen Petrovic was playing. Could I get up to speed in a week?
Yes. I think so. I did this last year after not watching NBA for 10 years.
Sweet. Do the player prices change every day?
I seem to recall they changed slightly daily, but it was more of a week to week change. For example, I remember Tristian Thompson from the Cavs being an every game bargain for at least a month before his price started to rise.

Anyone think the initial starting costs for players is the complete opposite of NHL and NFL this year, and NBA last year (meaning much more difficult to field a "stud" lineup)? I did a lineup for the freeroll last night and have one player between 8k-9k selected, three between 7k-8k, two between 6k-7k & 5k-6k, and one <5k. Is it because they didn't go over 10k last year on players' salaries?

Some thoughts:

PG:

Reggie Jackson at $5500 seems like early value -- should get a ton of run with Westbrook out and played well in preseason.

John Lucas III at $4200 is a starter if you've spent big elsewhere. He shoots like crap though and they just signed Tinsley last week.

Brandon Jennings is hurt and is at a whopping $8000

SG:

Harden and Bryant both at $10000....one of them is playing. Harden is so much better than the next SG, he's worth the price tag if you can fit him in.

Gordan Hayward at $7200 seems like a good SG deal. I think he's in for a big year.

OJ Mayo at $6900 will be chucking in Milwaukee.

Beal at $6000 looks nice too.

James Anderson at $3500 is the starter in Philly for now if you get desperate.

SF:

Lebron/Durant are $12000 - whoa nelly.

Not a ton of value plays here.

DeMarre Carroll is a starter at $3500, but he can't shoot and is mainly a defensive stopper/scrub.

Jeremy Lamb at $3500 could be very nice, especially with Westbrook out.

PF:

Tons of PFs at prices in the 7-8k range, so picking the right ones will be key day to day.

Tristan Thompson seems like value at $6300, especially with Varejao/Bynum banged up.

Zeller at $5900 is going to get a lot of run

Markieff Morris at $5500 could be nice depending on his matchup.

Patrick Patterson at $4200 <--like

Miles Plumlee at $3500 is the starting center now, but Len may get more mins

C:

Drummond at $7600 will probably only go up.

Pekovic at $6500 is kind of a discount

Seems like Bargnani will be allowed to chuck for $5000 (and somehow a C?)

Len at $4000 might be a bargain now with Gortat gone.

Same with Channing Frye at $3500

Here's what I'm trying for the freeroll:

Reggie Jackson - 5500

Kemba Walker - 8100

James Harden - 10000

Brad Beal - 6000

Jeremy Lamb - 3500

Paul George - 8800

Pat Patterson - 4200

Tristan Thompson - 6300

Andre Drummond - 7600

Probably will try another iteration where I dump Lamb somehow too.

Never done the NBA before. I know nothing about pro-bball. Wanted to see what a total shot in the dark lineup would look like based on only info available on Fanduel. Here is what I came up with:

• PG Kyle Lowry $6,500
  • PG Jose Calderon $6,700
  • SG Manu Ginobili $ 5,500
  • SG Marshon Brooks $3,500
  • SF LeBron James $12,000
  • SF Rudy Gay $7,400
  • PF Nene Hilario $4,400
  • PF Patrick Patterson $4,200
  • C Dwight Howard $9,800

Anyone still playing NBA? After a nice start last year, I pretty much gave up with a month or two left in the season. After lucking into $1000 on Fantasy Fued one week, followed by a 2nd place finish in their big NFL Q the next week (won $250), I decided to try NBA on fanduel again and I've been all over the place. Ive also tried Draftday and Fanthrowdown.

I started with a small amount ($50) and on my 1st day I about doubled my money. Then over the next 2 weeks I was down to $25. Then over the next 7-10 days I was back up to around $150, followed by a cold streak that has me back to my original $50. I spend to much time on this stuff to have such mediocre results.

Does anyone pay for rotogrinders incentives or BBall monster? Is it worth it? I basically look at DVP rankings, over/unders and lots and lots of gamelogs.

I've done very little nba/nhl this year on FD, but my few dabbles in it were successful. I did way more NFL this year than last, I sort of flipped. I sucked at NFL last year, but with putting more time into my research and the threads/information here, I reversed the trend and will double my starting balance barring a horrific final weekend.

Be careful about what you're doing on FTD, especially if you made a deposit there and have been winning. The forum on Rotogrinders has multiple threads covering all the craziness, which is an understatement. I've only been raking in quarters from their freerolls the last month, they are practically giving them away, but now I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time. Site may go down at any time if/when the grinders all leave and they have plenty reason to.

edit: I don't pay for anything like RG or Monster.

Anyone still doing this, I just joined today after getting talked into it by my brother. Playing small amounts. Seems like your best bet is to play head to head against 1 other person, even though the payouts aren't very good. I feel like I have a good squad going tonight, but im sure everyone feels that way going into the games.

Anyone still doing this, I just joined today after getting talked into it by my brother. Playing small amounts. Seems like your best bet is to play head to head against 1 other person, even though the payouts aren't very good. I feel like I have a good squad going tonight, but im sure everyone feels that way going into the games.
I started doing NBA Fanduel in the past couple of months with very little prior NBA knowledge. 50/50s I have found to be the easiest and rely less on luck than head to heads. Most of the time when I do head to heads, the score required to win is usually above the score required to win a 50/50. The key I have found is to pay attention to injuries as Fanduel takes weeks to adjust prices.

I tried it, but don't follow the NBA near close enough so I pulled out all of my football winnings until next year. I keep getting the itch to get back in (gambler in me) but I am at least going to hold off until baseball season (never tried it, but might dabble a bit).

I started doing NBA Fanduel in the past couple of months with very little prior NBA knowledge. 50/50s I have found to be the easiest and rely less on luck than head to heads. Most of the time when I do head to heads, the score required to win is usually above the score required to win a 50/50. The key I have found is to pay attention to injuries as Fanduel takes weeks to adjust prices.
What is 50/50? Im going to have to check that out. I see there are numerous types of games, but when I click on them all, they all seem to basically be the same. I wish they had different scoring or only a select # of games instead of just the late night games. Something to change it up every once in a while.

I won my first H2H matchup last night. And came in 700th-ish out of like 3,000 people in my other $2 league.

Baseball might be pretty fun.

What is 50/50? Im going to have to check that out. I see there are numerous types of games, but when I click on them all, they all seem to basically be the same. I wish they had different scoring or only a select # of games instead of just the late night games. Something to change it up every once in a while.

I won my first H2H matchup last night. And came in 700th-ish out of like 3,000 people in my other $2 league.

Baseball might be pretty fun.
50/50 is where half the league wins and half loses. So for a $1 50/50 the top 25 scorers get $1.80 and the bottom 25 scorers get nothing and Fanduel keeps the the rest as the rake.

Put together this lineup for tonight based on Rotoworld (lul i kno) bargain buys - takes advantage of some injuries:

Cory Joseph

CJ Watson

Stephenson

Oladipo

Leonard

Josh Smith

Kevin Love

Taj Gibson

Deanre Jordan

Disclaimer

Put together this lineup for tonight based on Rotoworld (lul i kno) bargain buys - takes advantage of some injuries:

Cory Joseph

CJ Watson

Stephenson

Oladipo

Leonard

Josh Smith

Kevin Love

Taj Gibson

Deanre Jordan

Disclaimer
I'll join. Here is my lineup:

PG C.J. Watson$4,300LAL@IND␡
PG Damian Lillard$8,300SA@POR␡
SG Jimmy ButlerGTD$8,000CHI@ATL␡
SG Evan Fournier$4,800ORL@TOR␡
SF Robert Covington$4,700BOS@PHI␡
SF Jeff Green$6,700BOS@PHI␡
PF Pau Gasol$9,300CHI@ATL␡
PF LaMarcus Aldridge$9,600SA@POR␡
C Tyler Zeller$4,200BOS@PHI

Anyone have consistent success doing NBA? I've made a pretty good profit in NFL this season, but I just feel lost at NBA so far. I look at DvP, bargain buys that arise from injuries, pace and other advanced stats, but in the end I don't feel any better off for it.

Peyton Marino said:
Anyone have consistent success doing NBA? I've made a pretty good profit in NFL this season, but I just feel lost at NBA so far. I look at DvP, bargain buys that arise from injuries, pace and other advanced stats, but in the end I don't feel any better off for it.
Just starting to dabble, but I have no clue for sure what I am doing yet because I follow football full time and don't follow NBA. I look at Rotogrinders quite a bit so we will see how it goes. I am playing with house money, so I am willing to give it a try to see if it will help with my withdrawl from football.

Cory Joseph

CJ Watson

Stephenson

Oladipo

Leonard

Josh Smith

Kevin Love

Taj Gibson

Deanre Jordan

Disclaimer

How'd it go? I ended up using two lineups, the one above and then swapped out the PG for Rando in another with another change i dont remember. Both cashed, and one lineup even put up 297 points for $6 on a $1 tourney entry.

Total - $11 wagered, won $26. Kevin Love was huge with 58 points. I also had Gibson with Noah out, and Deandre Jordan crashing the boards along with Josh Smith. Gibson was something like 58% owned, so obviously this isn't novel.

Based on last night, seems like its good to have some quality big men who will put up stats on boards and blocks. Even rando turned out to be a good play despite scoring single digit points due to his other stats.

Basically all I did was check the rotoworld articles for value plays, and then follow news blurbs throughout the day to see who was out and who's in. The strategy could be to get 1-3 value plays, 1-3 subs who get starter minutes due to injury, and then 2-3 solid anchors at premium positions.

Possible plays today - hardaway if JR Smith is out again. Also Bogut is out.

Cory Joseph

CJ Watson

Stephenson

Oladipo

Leonard

Josh Smith

Kevin Love

Taj Gibson

Deanre Jordan

Disclaimer

How'd it go? I ended up using two lineups, the one above and then swapped out the PG for Rando in another with another change i dont remember. Both cashed, and one lineup even put up 297 points for $6 on a $1 tourney entry.

Total - $11 wagered, won $26. Kevin Love was huge with 58 points. I also had Gibson with Noah out, and Deandre Jordan crashing the boards along with Josh Smith. Gibson was something like 58% owned, so obviously this isn't novel.

Based on last night, seems like its good to have some quality big men who will put up stats on boards and blocks. Even rando turned out to be a good play despite scoring single digit points due to his other stats.

Basically all I did was check the rotoworld articles for value plays, and then follow news blurbs throughout the day to see who was out and who's in. The strategy could be to get 1-3 value plays, 1-3 subs who get starter minutes due to injury, and then 2-3 solid anchors at premium positions.

Possible plays today - hardaway if JR Smith is out again. Also Bogut is out.
Scored 261.8 which was good enough for 7-2 in 50/50s and double ups but 0-2 in $1 GPPs . Spend $16, won 19.20. Check out rotogrinders as well, they have quite a few articles usually

Here is my lineup for tonight:

PG Jrue Holiday
PG Russell Westbrook
SG Tyreke Evans
SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF Corey Brewer
SF Luol Deng
PF Kris Humphries
PF Ryan Anderson
C Marc Gasol

Any word on Unibrow?

Tons of GTDs today. It's nice to exploit popular late scratches, but most people will know about all these GTDs, since FD has gotten better at listing them as such.

PG Jrue Holiday
PG Russell Westbrook
SG Tyreke Evans
SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF Corey Brewer
SF Luol Deng
PF Kris Humphries
PF Ryan Anderson
C Marc Gasol
Very similar to what I have. Going with two lineups again:

Westbrook

Jrue

Hardaway

Beal

Gay

Hayward

Speights

Nene

Plumlee

Westbrook

Conley

Hardaway

Ellis

Brewer

Hayward

Speights

Dirk

Plumlee

Any word on Unibrow?

Tons of GTDs today. It's nice to exploit popular late scratches, but most people will know about all these GTDs, since FD has gotten better at listing them as such.
He was announced as playing on Rotoworld earlier today. Super expensive tho.

Wagered $20 last night, won $27. So far I'm up about $23 on $31 wagered, for a solid return of about 70%. I'd take that any week for football, so if it can be maintained daily for NBA, this could be good. Something about not having biases as to which players are 'good' lets me use value plays without reservation. And I don't watch much of the games, so compared to NFL its much lower stress.

I wonder when the "Christmas noobs" will move over from NFL to NBA. I was thinking some perhaps after week 16? A few more after week 17? But maybe the biggest number will move over after the AFC/NFC championship games, before the superbowl.

Wagered $20 last night, won $27. So far I'm up about $23 on $31 wagered, for a solid return of about 70%. I'd take that any week for football, so if it can be maintained daily for NBA, this could be good. Something about not having biases as to which players are 'good' lets me use value plays without reservation. And I don't watch much of the games, so compared to NFL its much lower stress.

I wonder when the "Christmas noobs" will move over from NFL to NBA. I was thinking some perhaps after week 16? A few more after week 17? But maybe the biggest number will move over after the AFC/NFC championship games, before the superbowl.
Went 14-0 in double ups last night ($28 wagered $56 won). Unfortunately I threw some of that away in GPPs (0-6 $8 lost).

PG Jrue Holiday
PG Russell Westbrook
SG Tyreke Evans
SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF Corey Brewer
SF Luol Deng
PF Kris Humphries
PF Ryan Anderson
C Marc Gasol
Tailed this one and finished just outside the money in 2.

Where are you finding pace on RG?

RG's DvP cheatsheet has definitely been improved since my last go around in NBA.

Anything else you are looking at? I don't want to get bogged down with this stuff....in the past I really only looked at DvP and how the player has been playing the last 7 days (streaking or not).

Is Wade too risky of a play tonight if he is playing? Last night indicates he wants to put the team on his back with Bosh out I am just not sure how many minutes he would get on a b2b while sick. I could see him putting up another 40 on fanduel or playing under 30 minutes and putting up a 20

Bobcat10 said:
C-Bound said:
snellman said:

PG Jrue Holiday
PG Russell Westbrook
SG Tyreke Evans
SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF Corey Brewer
SF Luol Deng
PF Kris Humphries
PF Ryan Anderson
C Marc Gasol
What type of contest did you play? Snellman went 14-0...
00 Tue NBA Triple Up ($2) $60k

snellman said:
C-Bound said:
snellman said:

PG Jrue Holiday
PG Russell Westbrook
SG Tyreke Evans
SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF Corey Brewer
SF Luol Deng
PF Kris Humphries
PF Ryan Anderson
C Marc Gasol
This lineup did not go in the money in the 2 tourneys I entered but it did go 14-0 in the $2 double ups :shrug:
Guess I got a little greedy...

$900 Tue NBA Triple Up ($2) $60k 269.6 (161 of 502) Tournament
$125K Tue NBA Shot $60k 269.6 (19483 of 71839) Tournament

Bobcat10 said:
C-Bound said:
snellman said:

PG Jrue Holiday
PG Russell Westbrook
SG Tyreke Evans
SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF Corey Brewer
SF Luol Deng
PF Kris Humphries
PF Ryan Anderson
C Marc Gasol
What type of contest did you play? Snellman went 14-0...
00 Tue NBA Triple Up ($2) $60k

snellman said:
C-Bound said:
snellman said:

PG Jrue Holiday
PG Russell Westbrook
SG Tyreke Evans
SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF Corey Brewer
SF Luol Deng
PF Kris Humphries
PF Ryan Anderson
C Marc Gasol
This lineup did not go in the money in the 2 tourneys I entered but it did go 14-0 in the $2 double ups :shrug:
Guess I got a little greedy...

$900 Tue NBA Triple Up ($2) $60k 269.6 (161 of 502) Tournament
$125K Tue NBA Shot $60k 269.6 (19483 of 71839) Tournament
I tend to stay out of the triple ups because I usually use a high floor low ceiling roster. I will enter it into a tourney just in case it hits, but I normally play the double ups and 50/50s. 161 of 502 would have got you $ in a double up even though it is only $4

I saw the NBA "Double Triple" which is basically a combo Double Up/Triple Up... top 100 make 3x, 101-200 make 2x. So payoff cut is at top 35% rather than top 27%, with a little bit more upside than the doubles and a little bit more of a safety than the triples.

I also wish there was something slightly lower paying (but even safer) option than the 50/50.... where top 60% cash, but you only win 1.5x. Payouts work in line with 50/50:

50/50 = $1 x 1.8x x 50% = 0.9 (10% rake)

1.5x game = $1 x 1.5x x 60% = 0.9 (10% rake).

Here are my lineups for tonight:

Strictly Tournament lineup:

PG Kemba Walker CHA v PHO
PG Dennis Schroeder ATL @ CLE
SG James Harden HOU @ DEN
SG Giannis Antetokounmpo MIL @ POR
SF Luol Deng MIA v UTA
SF Tobias Harris ORL @ BOS
PF Tim Duncan SA v MEM
PF Mirza Teletovic BKN @ TOR
C Mason Plumlee BKN @ TOR

Double up and 50/50 lineup: (changed)

PG Dennis Schroeder ATL @ CLE
PG Kyrie Irving CLE v ATL
SG James Harden HOU @ DEN
SG Alec Burks UTA @ MIA
SF Trevor Ariza HOU @ DEN
SF Luol Deng MIA v UTA
PF Dirk Nowitzki DAL @ DET
PF Greg Monroe DET v DAL
C Mason Plumlee BKN @ TOR

Didn't know this was even possible but struck out completely last night on 3 lineups ($30 entry from previous two nights winnings), including one at 261 which was barely 25% percentile. The most I've ever lost in NFL for one weekend is maybe 50% but last night managed a complete o-fer ... some dude got ejected, others sucked including "must start" Chris kaman. Must've been a high scoring night because the cutoff for 50/50 was around 287, while the tourneys were about 291.

Only 4 NBA games tonight so might sit this one out

I went 0-19 with my double up lineup as well. My tourney lineup got me $5 on $2 wagered so it wasn't a complete loss. I will also be sitting tonight out as there is football on, but will be back at grinding tomorrow night.

Users who are viewing this thread