What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA BTTF III - Draft Over! War of attrition underway... (1 Viewer)

Since getting 24 owners online simultaneously for a live auction or finding a free slow auction service are pretty much impossible, I think the only way to do an auction would be a blind bid auction.

There would be 6 or 12 players up for auction at a time. Each owner submits a bid via email prior to closing. Each player is awarded to the high bidder. Repeat the process the next day until five rounds worth of players (120 players) are auctioned. At the end of that, assign draft order based on the amount of funds remaining and snake draft through the end. Five is just a number, we could just as easily do it with three or four rounds worth of auctioned players.

This would probably be a :tfp: but it would be a solution to the whining from teams who roll low draft slots. If you absolutely wanted to have Lebron or Davis on your squad, it might cost 80% of your five round cap and you might finish the auction rounds with less than five players.

Since getting 24 owners online simultaneously for a live auction or finding a free slow auction service are pretty much impossible, I think the only way to do an auction would be a blind bid auction.

There would be 6 or 12 players up for auction at a time. Each owner submits a bid via email prior to closing. Each player is awarded to the high bidder. Repeat the process the next day until five rounds worth of players (120 players) are auctioned. At the end of that, assign draft order based on the amount of funds remaining and snake draft through the end. Five is just a number, we could just as easily do it with three or four rounds worth of auctioned players.

This would probably be a :tfp: but it would be a solution to the whining from teams who roll low draft slots. If you absolutely wanted to have Lebron or Davis on your squad, it might cost 80% of your five round cap and you might finish the auction rounds with less than five players.
I like....no love...the trainwreck potential. Tre...fire it up

I like....no love...the trainwreck potential. Tre...fire it up
We'll see if Moops is willing to hand back the reins. Seems like he wants to be a leader.

Please no on the auction. Find a way to do the dork way somewhere else, dorks. Snake draft is complicated enough on a message board.

Some more auction stuff:

1. Use Yahoo Fantasy rankings to select the players up for auction each day. For day 1, Davis, Curry, Harden, James, Westbrook and Durant would be on the block. Day 2 list would be Cousins, Paul, Irving, Leonard, Horford and Lillard.

2. Each team is allotted $100 in auction funds. Teams can bid up to their available funds for any player up for auction. Bids will be awarded in the order of the Yahoo rankings so if an owner didn't have enough funds available due to a previously awarded bid, the bid on the latter player would be invalid.

3. Upon further review, I think four rounds worth of auctioned players would work better than five.

Please no on the auction. Find a way to do the dork way somewhere else, dorks. Snake draft is complicated enough on a message board.
Easiest solution would be to blow your entire auction budget on a day one player and rejoin for the snake draft portion.

Some more auction stuff:

1. Use Yahoo Fantasy rankings to select the players up for auction each day. For day 1, Davis, Curry, Harden, James, Westbrook and Durant would be on the block. Day 2 list would be Cousins, Paul, Irving, Leonard, Horford and Lillard.

2. Each team is allotted $100 in auction funds. Teams can bid up to their available funds for any player up for auction. Bids will be awarded in the order of the Yahoo rankings so if an owner didn't have enough funds available due to a previously awarded bid, the bid on the latter player would be invalid.

3. Upon further review, I think four rounds worth of auctioned players would work better than five.
4. Upon further review, eephus has already spent more time thinking about auction values than I will, ergo a redraft is in order.

Some more auction stuff:

4. Upon further review, eephus has already spent more time thinking about auction values than I will, ergo a redraft is in order.
I just looked at last year's draft and thought it would be fairer for teams who screwed up the auction part to recover if we started the draft part at 5.01 than 6.01.

Eephus said:
Sammy3469 said:
Eephus said:
Some more auction stuff:

I just looked at last year's draft and thought it would be fairer for teams who screwed up the auction part to recover if we started the draft part at 5.01 than 6.01.
Works for me. I say we give it a shot...

In the case of ties, the player gets awarded to the team with more money remaining in their auction pool. If both tied teams have the same amount of money remaining, roll dem bones.

I can't wait for the trades when someone (Abe :hi: ) ends up with 3 bumbling white Cs and Roy Hibbert.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we could pull it off in a thread.

Have 20 or so players "on the board" at one time, open bidding, each bid on a player resets the clock. If a player goes however long without a bid (24 hours, 12 hours, w/e), the person with the highest bid gets him and nominates the next player. Could do that for until everyone has 5 players (or 7 or 10 or w/e), and then draft the rest.

I agree with Eephus, would be a very fun :tfp:
Still think this way would be better, but whatever works.

Have 20 or so players "on the board" at one time, open bidding, each bid on a player resets the clock. If a player goes however long without a bid (24 hours, 12 hours, w/e), the person with the highest bid gets him and nominates the next player. Could do that for until everyone has 5 players (or 7 or 10 or w/e), and then draft the rest.

Yes, but eephus's way ensure people will be pissed off...ergo, it's better

Day 1: Top 6 by Yahoo fantasy hoops ranking

Day 2: 7-12

Day 3: 13-18

Day 4: 19-24

Day 5: 25-36

Day 6: 37-48

Day 7: 49-60

Day 8: 61-72

Day 9: 73-96

I agree but you need software for this. If you can find a free site that can handle this, I'm all for it.

Mr Harrrrrrier ran a football slow auction using some site way back in the day when Dominick Williams was still Dominick Davis. Owners treated it like an eBay auction and waited until the timer was running down before bumping bids, so some players stayed on the board for a long time.

I agree but you need software for this. If you can find a free site that can handle this, I'm all for it.

Mr Harrrrrrier ran a football slow auction using some site way back in the day when Dominick Williams was still Dominick Davis. Owners treated it like an eBay auction and waited until the timer was running down before bumping bids, so some players stayed on the board for a long time.
Yeah, this way would take forever.

Any reason we couldn't just post in the thread and keep track of it manually? Obviously it would be a bit of a hassle, but I think TRE is up to it.

Any reason we couldn't just post in the thread and keep track of it manually? Obviously it would be a bit of a hassle, but I think TRE is up to it.
You have more faith that he cares, than I do.

What if we shortened it up? 5 days, 72 players

That's 3 players per team if it were all evened out.

Then, roll for draft order and award sandwich picks or take away 4th/5th/etc depending on how many players each team landed.

Eephus?

Didn't we do something similar back at BBT? Each player had a thread where we posted bids and we ended auctions at a set time.

Jethro texted a pic of his BBT T-shirt the other day, started to get a little dusty when I saw it

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread