What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nasty weather for Week 13 (1 Viewer)

Winter Weather Advisory for Eastern Bergen County, New Jersey

From 7:00am EST, Sun Dec 1 until 7:00am EST, Tue Dec 3

Action Recommended: Execute a pre-planned activity identified in the instructions

Issued by: New York City - NY, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST TUESDAY... * WHAT...MIXED PRECIPITATION EXPECTED. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES AND ICE ACCUMULATIONS OF A LIGHT GLAZE. * WHERE...PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY, SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD CONNECTICUT, SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER NEW YORK. * WHEN...UNTIL 7 AM EST TUESDAY. * IMPACTS...PLAN ON SLIPPERY ROAD CONDITIONS. THE HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS COULD IMPACT HOLIDAY TRAVEL AS WELL AS THE MORNING OR EVENING COMMUTE ON MONDAY. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...THERE WILL BE TWO PARTS TO THIS WINTER STORM. SNOW THIS MORNING CHANGES TO A WINTRY MIX LATER TODAY AND EVENTUALLY PLAIN RAIN TONIGHT. RAIN EVENTUALLY CHANGES BACK TO SNOW MONDAY AND CONTINUES INTO MONDAY NIGHT. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... SLOW DOWN AND USE CAUTION WHILE TRAVELING. CHECK LOCAL DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION SERVICES FOR THE LATEST ROAD CONDITIONS.
I laugh at this being a winter weather advisory... This is a dusting where I'm from. I'm used to a winter weather advisory being 6-8 inches with blowing snow and snow drifts 

I laugh at this being a winter weather advisory... This is a dusting where I'm from. I'm used to a winter weather advisory being 6-8 inches with blowing snow and snow drifts 
This is a dusting here too. The only snow is supposed to come tomorrow but during rush hour

Semantics, but you're confusing an advisory with a warning. We get plenty of heavy snow storms in this area, and if this one was in the 6-8 inch range with heavy wind/drifts, it would be classified as a warning. 

Users who are viewing this thread