What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Napping on Hankerson? (1 Viewer)

Catbird

Footballguy
Hankerson is running around #55-60 for both dynasty and re-draft WRs by FBG projections and finding mention of him on here is difficult. He won a starting job last year as a rookie WR, which isn't common under Shanahan (although Royal did it?) at about Week 6 IIRC and just before his first 100 Yd and scoring game - at the end of which he was hurt and lost for the season. He is now supposed to be 100% (although likely held out of mini-camp as as precaution). With RG3 in town, Garcon and Hankerson the starters and only Santana Moss, Josh Morgan and Anthony Armstrong as recognizable competition, Hankerson seems the one guy who might take over this year and going forward and become a true stud for Griffin. I know Shanny is fickle and likes to run, and Leonard hasn't yet proved much, but he was well regarded out of college and rose quickly to the top last year (without much camp) and no one else in DC seems a legitimate possibility to be the consistent guy. Why isn't Hankerson even of interest to the pool?

I know Shanny is fickle and likes to run, and Leonard hasn't yet proved much, but he was well regarded out of college and rose quickly to the top last year (without much camp) and no one else in DC seems a legitimate possibility to be the consistent guy. Why isn't Hankerson even of interest to the pool?
There is still a lot unknown about him. It really doesn't say much that he won a starting spot in the 'Skins WR corp last year. The competition was mediocre, at best. It's better this year, but still not great. Also, he's produced one decent NFL game and has been doing more injury rehab than practicing this offseason. He's still not much more than an unproven 3rd round draft pick.That being said, he has the potential to be the leading receiver in a Kyle Shanahan passing offense (it's far from a given that he'll produce as such, though). I think his draft spot (#55-60 WR, as you say) presents some nice value. IMO, he's a great flyer to take as even a 4th WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could Hankerson somehow re-emerge in the Falcons system this year ?
No. He's not a good football player, no matter what his limited sample size says (and I don't know what it says, but I've watched every snap of his career and he's not a good receiver).
Yes but if you own him you get the added bonus of getting to say "It's HankTime!" whenever he enters the field. Doesn't that count for something?

Users who are viewing this thread