What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mount Rushmore of Video Game Bad Guys (1 Viewer)

Yankee23Fan

Fair Tax!
Coming off the heels of the massive success of the Droid Rushmore discussion which was funny, charming, heartwarming and whatever else I have to say to oversell a 3 page thread, we now come to Rushmore #2.  

Video Game Bad Guys.  We all know them.  We all had to beat them.  Some of us couldn't.  Who was the boss, badguy, just generally not good guy that you think was the top of the food chain?  Perhaps Donkey Kong?  Maybe Bowser (honestly, maybe is the wrong word - the correct word is absolutely... absolutely Bowser).

Does dysentery count?  Yes, yes it does.  Because there isn't a single one of you in my age group that didn't die from dysentery several times, taking your young family just following their chosen path to a better life only to die a horrible painful death.  

Pacman ghosts count as 1 bad guy - unless you have a thing for Pinky.... who didn't right?  Right?  (Anyone?)

Perhaps President John Henry Eden?  Although he turned out to be a twerp and wasn't really that bad, just misunderstood.... Maybe Mr. Happy?  Maybe the chick who you couldn't get to sleep with Leisure Suit Larry?  Mother Brain? Pyramid Head? The Doom Cyberdemon? Diablo?  

Maybe even Techmo Bowl Bo Jackson if you were playing against the Raiders?

Who are the top 4 video game bad guys?

Maybe even Techmo Bowl Bo Jackson if you were playing against the Raiders?
I used to have Lorenzo White playing for Houston and I would play my friends -- who were more, um casual players of Tecmo -- and every time Lorenzo would score I would sing the N.W.A. song with "Me and Lorenzo rolling in the Benzo." My friends started to cue it up for me. 

I miss those days. I miss Ernest Givins.  

This is not easy.  Bowser is a lock. I think the PacMan ghosts should be too, but they weren't that bad.

Joker maybe?

Ugh...… so much for getting work done today.

I used to have Lorenzo White playing for Houston and I would play my friends -- who were more, um casual players of Tecmo -- and every time Lorenzo would score I would sing the N.W.A. song with "Me and Lorenzo rolling in the Benzo." My friends started to cue it up for me. 

I miss those days. I miss Ernest Givins.  
Ernest Givens, Drew Hill, Haywood Jeffries & Curtis Duncan was a heckuva lineup. So much fun trying to get all four over 1,000 yards & 10 TDs in a season.

But give me QB Eagles all day, every day. Completely unstoppable. 

Oh, and a personal vote for those bat/bee/wasp things from Super Nintendo's Kung Fu.  Yeah they were one kick or punch deaths, but when they would be flying near Peter Dinklage's cousin, they were the ultimate pain the rear.

Ernest Givens, Drew Hill, Haywood Jeffries & Curtis Duncan was a heckuva lineup. So much fun trying to get all four over 1,000 yards & 10 TDs in a season.

But give me QB Eagles all day, every day. Completely unstoppable. 
Really? Never knew that. They couldn't get Randall's TM, huh? Wow. 

Gotta be honest, I'm shocked you did not know that.  Same for QB Bills (Kelly) & QB Browns (Bernie).

Check out the best nostalgia site ever.
Naw, I was still a casual player, really. It's just, when you're into football and your friends are sort of not, well, it's easy pickings. I used to play Houston all the time to anger my friend down the hall who hated the run-and-shoot. Mouse Davis, right? (I used to read Smart Football and remember his name but not the author's name. Oh, Chris Brown.)

Tetris, on the other hand. Now those were some battles. NES version, can you get 200 lines this week or you have to [complete an embarrassing dare]. (Who conceived that idea?)

/[embarrassing dare]

That just spurred me. I'm going to nominate the singularly four-pronged point piece in Tetris. That could build up fast.

The aircraft carrier on Top Gun.

Nah...Tyson.  definitely Tyson.  Though I did beat him in 4 states in a 24 hour span a few years back playing in a vehicle on a road trip.  BOOM

Bowser, Donkey Kong, Mike Tyson were the 3 that immediately came to mind.  And the Pac-Man ghosts if collectives count.
They do, and that is a solid 4.  None of this current video game crap.  The old standards.  The tradition.  The 2D graphics.  Only having to hit 2 buttons.  The good old days.  Get off my lawn!

I vote against Tyson....the arcade version had a completely different guy, heck even some of the home versions had different guys.

Mother Brain from Metroid.

Thrall from Warcraft is the first I think of.  That covers dozens of games and expansions over the last 25 years.

Edit:  Looks like that might not be old enough for the senior center folks.  I guess I’ll go with Donkey Kong.  That one seems obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more recent entries that come to mind

• GLaDOS
  • Alma Wade
  • Frank Fontaine
I still think Alma Wade is the most terrifying video game character of all-time.  GLaDOS is probably the only one ubiquitous enough to be considered for a Mt Rushmore though.

I vote against Tyson....the arcade version had a completely different guy, heck even some of the home versions had different guys.

Mother Brain from Metroid.
So Tyson was the first guy on the console.

After Nintendo's license to use Mike Tyson as a special Punch-Out!! character expired, it replaced Tyson with a fictional character called Mr. Dream and re-released the game for the NES as simply Punch-Out!! i

Tyson and Bowser were the two I thought of - I think I’m onboard with the PacMan ghosts.

What about Donkey from Donkey Kong?

Users who are viewing this thread