What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mortgage rates? (1 Viewer)

What are people seeing? Looking at a home in AZ. Any recos for a company?
I am not personally licensed in AZ but I can refer you over to someone who is. Shoot me a DM and I can make the connection for you.

As for rates- it all depends on the specifics as rates are different for different people based on things like credit score, down payment, loan size, type of loan, type of property, location, etc.

I had a recruiter reach out to me about a position in Santa Cuz, CA. I was looking at housing in the area, and the increase over my current house in Baltimore is INSANE. To get the same house in Santa Cruz that I have now, it's $1.6m or more. That will add a huge amount to my mortgage, which would have to be covered by an increase in salary if I were to move. I honestly have no idea how people can afford such mortgages.

I had a recruiter reach out to me about a position in Santa Cuz, CA. I was looking at housing in the area, and the increase over my current house in Baltimore is INSANE. To get the same house in Santa Cruz that I have now, it's $1.6m or more. That will add a huge amount to my mortgage, which would have to be covered by an increase in salary if I were to move. I honestly have no idea how people can afford such mortgages.
All true, but you get to live in Santa Cruz not Baltimore.*

*not throwing any shade at Baltimore, I’ve just lived in Santa Cruz and it’s a great town.

CA RE is insane. One thing is that companies typically pay more in CA than they would for the same position in MD even if you were with the same company simply because the cost of living is so much more.

Beware- it won't just be RE that is much more expensive. Gas will be significantly more as will be groceries etc.

Beware- it won't just be RE that is much more expensive. Gas will be significantly more as will be groceries etc.
That's true, but housing costs are by far the largest driver of cost of living differences.

I know CA salaries will be higher than MD, but is it 75-100% more? Cuz that's what I'm looking at just to cover housing + higher tax bracket.

That's true, but housing costs are by far the largest driver of cost of living differences.

I know CA salaries will be higher than MD, but is it 75-100% more? Cuz that's what I'm looking at just to cover housing + higher tax bracket.
Well, I guess you know your bottom asking price now.

Users who are viewing this thread