What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***MNF - Minnesota at Chicago*** (+7.0) O/U 47 (1 Viewer)

The announcers are missing the key point -  Having the Bears on the schedule should make any defensive coordinator happy.

I think the Bears/Vikings just killed Monday Night Football.

Tuesday Night Football has a nice ring to it.

This smells like a typical Zimmer Prevent TD.

Hope it helps someone in fantasy.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with how he's managed the clock tonight here at the end. 

I get that the whole stifling, run-the-ball thing must be old as heck, but tonight, his job was to win, and his WP probably went up with every three yard and a cloud of dust thing he chose with about eight left in the fourth quarter. 

Holy heck, I'm pretty much on to the semis. 

Nobody cares but me. 

But I get another week of rooting interest. 

Let's go! 

Can we get a Mooney TD for my brothers here? 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with how he's managed the clock tonight here at the end. 

I get that the whole stifling, run-the-ball thing must be old as heck, but tonight, his job was to win, and his WP probably went up with every three yard and a cloud of dust thing he chose with about eight left in the fourth quarter. 

That's fine against a #### team like the Chicago Nagys. (no offense Bears fans - we suck just as much).  But against any good team (of god forbid the playoffs) it is ####.

they used to make teams kick the XP in this situation. Was always dumb but when did it change?
After the Vikings improbable Keenum to Diggs miracle TD against the Saints in the playoffs.  The crowd chanted SKOL for 15 minutes and players had to come back on the field from the locker room just to kick a meaningless PAT.

How can a shin be down before the toes or knee?  It's physically impossible.  Calf?  Sure.  But the shin is not a calf.

Who said before toes?  It was on the same foot that his toes were in bounds on.  The question is whether that shin hit before his OTHER foot (and his elbow) hit out of bounds.

Regardless, ball moved anyway so it's rather moot, but not sure what you're talking about above.  The toes were down too.

they used to make teams kick the XP in this situation. Was always dumb but when did it change?
It changed for the 2018 season.

I'm not positive, but I think it had something to do with the Minneapolis Miracle. Pandemonium ensued after the TD, players went to the locker room, reporters flooded the field....and they had to get everyone back out there to kick the PAT. 

Meanwhile I was sweating bullets, because I had that as the last leg of a 4-team parlay with $1000 on the line (I bet $250)

The PAT would have killed the spread, and screwed me. Fortunately when they came out, they just took a knee, because there was no point in kicking the PAT. I was :pickle:  as I won as a result. 

They changed the rule the next season. 

Notably, in last night's game the spread was 7. Thus MIN covered, instead of a push. Huge significance for gamblers - meaningless in real football.  

That said, I believe if the PAT would have tied the game, they'd kick it. It doesn't matter that it's 0:00 on the clock, as the PAT is an untimed down. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Bears/Vikings just killed Monday Night Football.

Tuesday Night Football has a nice ring to it.

I really can't remember the last time I turned off a MNF game due to awful, unwatchable play.  The penalties, turnovers and inexplicable play calling.  How many times are the Bears going to run on 1st and 2nd down to put themselves into 3rd and long.  Then in the 4th they finally start to throw the ball and move right down the field and then get into red zone at around the 10 yard line and they hand the ball off again after 6 or so consecutive passes to get them there.  Just maddening.  I was just watching the game as a fan of football as I didn't have anyone playing and don't care about either team but that was just some terrible football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said before toes?  It was on the same foot that his toes were in bounds on.  The question is whether that shin hit before his OTHER foot (and his elbow) hit out of bounds.

Regardless, ball moved anyway so it's rather moot, but not sure what you're talking about above.  The toes were down too.

My post was mostly in jest, just wondering out loud how a person's shin can hit the ground without their of front of their foot ALSO having touched (prior).  I know I can't place my shin on the ground without the  touching.

And I certainly cannot place my shin on the ground without the foot (top part) also touching.

My post was mostly in jest, just wondering out loud how a person's shin can hit the ground without their of front of their foot ALSO having touched (prior).  I know I can't place my shin on the ground without the  touching.

And I certainly cannot place my shin on the ground without the foot (top part) also touching.

I don't understand why you keep operating under this assumption that people are saying his shin was down and his foot was not.  His foot was down too.

https://imgur.com/fjFXQ30

His foot was down, and then the shin hit almost simultaneously with the elbow. 

Had it been ruled a TD on the field, that call likely would have stood as well, as you cannot tell which hit 1st. 

They even freeze framed it. It's relevant because the shin acts as the "2nd foot" in terms of coming down in bounds. 

Of course the foot was touching the ground. I have no idea what your point here is, and I'm not convinced that you do either. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
His foot was down, and then the shin hit almost simultaneously with the elbow. 

Had it been ruled a TD on the field, that call likely would have stood as well, as you cannot tell which hit 1st. 

They even freeze framed it. It's relevant because the shin acts as the "2nd foot" in terms of coming down in bounds. 

Of course the foot was touching the ground. I have no idea what your point here is, and I'm not convinced that you do either. 

If you weren't able to grasp it, then there was no reason to reply or finish with an insult, now was there?  But thanks for spending/wasting the time.

You might want to read it again and start by looking up what "jest" means.

If you weren't able to grasp it, then there was no reason to reply or finish with an insult, now was there?  But thanks for spending/wasting the time.

You might want to read it again and start by looking up what "jest" means.
No insult. Just saying I didn’t understand your point. 

now it’s that you were joking?

ok. Thanks for clarifying. Obviously it wasn’t clear to more than just me. 

Harry Frogfish said:

No insult. Just saying I didn’t understand your point. 

now it’s that you were joking?

ok. Thanks for clarifying. Obviously it wasn’t clear to more than just me. 

I mean in my very first sentence I stated "my post was MOSTLY in jest".  So when you say "NOW that you were joking", that's not accurate at all.  You replied to me AFTER I said as much.  But good try, I guess.  :shrug:  

Users who are viewing this thread