What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**MNF - Bears at Vikings** (-3, 44) 8:15 (1 Viewer)

While Justin Jefferson might play he more likely won't. Its a game time decision, we will have the final word about that this afternoon.

The Vikings beat the Bears in their first matchup this season but they still had Kirk Cousins then and now they have Dobbs.

The Bears have been playing a lot better since these 2 teams last met.

Another player who is eligible to be activated from IR who could make an impact is Marcus Davenport.

I have not heard anything about his status for this game but it is my understanding that he has been eligible to be activated since Nov 19th. He has been on IR because of a high ankle sprain.

Davenport has only played in 4 games for the Vikings this season and looks like a wasted free agency acquisition at this point.

However when I saw him play vs the Panthers he looked very good and the Vikings could have him play outside LB/Edge with Danielle Hunter moving inside which would make for a more potent package for the defense if Davenport is able to play.

But again I haven't heard a peep about Davenport possibly playing as all the focus seems to be about Jefferson.

ESPN Jinx'd it. Bears will not only cover, but win.

NFL betting history can be made on "Monday Night Football" if the Minnesota Vikings can cover as 3-point favorites against the Chicago Bears.

Favorites have covered the spread in 12 of 15 games in Week 12, tying the record for most in a single week (Week 12 of 2017) in the Super Bowl era. According to ESPN Stats & Information, there has never been a week in the Super Bowl era in which favorites covered the spread in 13 games.

NFL betting history can be made on "Monday Night Football" if the Minnesota Vikings can cover as 3-point favorites against the Chicago Bears.

Favorites have covered the spread in 12 of 15 games in Week 12, tying the record for most in a single week (Week 12 of 2017) in the Super Bowl era. According to ESPN Stats & Information, there has never been a week in the Super Bowl era in which favorites covered the spread in 13 games.
I wonder what whoever wrote thats astrological sign is?

Makes about as much sense.

As far as Davenport all I've been able to find out is that he had surgery for the ankle sprain at some point after the injury. I couldn't find a specific date this was done or how long the recover time is after that.

I would think they need to activate him at some point soon or he will permanently go on IR.

KOC did say they expect him to return this season. They still have a couple weeks left before the 21 day window closes.

It would be nice to have him available but the lack of talk about this and no practice for him yet must mean he is not available.

Also, among stats that are probably meaningless, the Bears have won 3 straight games that took place on a day other than Sunday.

Maybe Eberflus should be coaching College?

Also, among stats that are probably meaningless, the Bears have won 3 straight games that took place on a day other than Sunday.

I think the Bears pull this one out. They have the better QB and similar level of talent.

Flus gets his first NFC North win and gets the monkey off his back.

I think the Bears pull this one out. They have the better QB and similar level of talent.

Agree on the better QB part, not sure about the rest.

As an aside, it kinda blows my mind how underrated Fields is. If the Bears go QB at #1, 1/3rd of the NFL should be trying to get Fields as their starter.

As an aside, it kinda blows my mind how underrated Fields is. If the Bears go QB at #1, 1/3rd of the NFL should be trying to get Fields as their starter.
Bears have talent on paper. They just can't seem to put it all together for a full game week in and week out. I blame coaching for that.

I agree with the Fields part and that's coming from someone who is a pretty harsh critic of his. The guy is good when a team lets him play his game. He's going to have his turnovers, miss open WRs and look lost at times, but when things are clicking, the guy is good and fun to watch. He really needs the right OC and he will flourish.

I can understand Chicago not wanting to make a major investment long term in JF as he isn't an elite QB, but after seeing what half of the NFL is starting these days... this guy alone gives a bad team a fighting chance to win.

The faster track is probably sticking with Fields and drafting MH Junior. If they go with a new QB it's more of a crapshoot imo.

I believe in Josh Dobbs.
I think he will be the qb who makes a play late with his legs to win the game.
Fields is very good but sometimes he isn't.
D.J. Moore will have a big game.
Mattison will score a touchdown.
I have seen this.
Can't remember where,but I have seen this...

Minnesota- 26
Chicago- 25

Fairly equal divisional game where neither team will likely make the playoffs. Lean Minnesota, but could see this one going either way.

I have nobody going tonight, but need a low scoring game to insure staying alive in my guillotine league. I realize that nobody cares, but please no TDS for DJ Moore or TJ Hockenson.

Fairly equal divisional game where neither team will likely make the playoffs. Lean Minnesota, but could see this one going either way.

I have nobody going tonight, but need a low scoring game to insure staying alive in my guillotine league. I realize that nobody cares, but please no TDS for DJ Moore or TJ Hockenson.
Vikings could make the playoffs. If they win tonight they will have a 1.5 game lead over the teams trailing them for a wildcard. Also, they don't have a particularly tough schedule rest of the way.

While Justin Jefferson might play he more likely won't. Its a game time decision, we will have the final word about that this afternoon.

The Vikings beat the Bears in their first matchup this season but they still had Kirk Cousins then and now they have Dobbs.

The Bears have been playing a lot better since these 2 teams last met.
Jefferson has been ruled out for tonight.

I watch every game, maybe he’s underrated fantasy-wise.

If the Bears are picking #1 and don't take a quarterback, it's malpractice. JF isn't the answer, and you should draft the best player on the draft board who happens to play the most valuable position in the game of football in case he hits in the pros. Caleb Williams can't pay defense for USC. Quarterbacks have such a seriously disparate value compared to other positions that it is always a position of need. If A-Rich was ready, sure as **** that Caleb is.

Marvin Harrison Jr. is tempting but ain't nobody gonna be able to run the ball to him and hand it to him on his routes.

If the Bears are picking #1 and don't take a quarterback, it's malpractice. JF isn't the answer, and you should draft the best player on the draft board who happens to play the most valuable position in the game of football in case he hits in the pros. Caleb Williams can't pay defense for USC. Quarterbacks have such a seriously disparate value compared to other positions that it is always a position of need. If A-Rich was ready, sure as **** that Caleb is.

Marvin Harrison Jr. is tempting but ain't nobody gonna be able to run the ball to him and hand it to him on his routes.
I actually agree with you. The reason I said fastest is that's the way struggling franchises think. Fields is a great runner but not much more. At some point point a QB needs to be able to throw the ball.

I actually agree with you. The reason I said fastest is that's the way struggling franchises think. Fields is a great runner but not much more. At some point point a QB needs to be able to throw the ball.

That's good to know. I thought board consensus was that JF is a quality quarterback that just needs talent around him. I've watched enough to see that he has troubles with routes that need precision timing and needs to get better at throwing into tight windows.

Anyway, I wasn't responding in particular to you, per se. Just thought it was the general sentiment of the board. And really, I don't know how to scout QBs. It's just an impression I get. I don't think anybody from that class save for Trevor Lawrence was any good at quarterbacking.

That's good to know. I thought board consensus was that JF is a quality quarterback that just needs talent around him. I've watched enough to see that he has troubles with routes that need precision timing and needs to get better at throwing into tight windows.

Anyway, I wasn't responding in particular to you, per se. Just thought it was the general sentiment of the board. And really, I don't know how to scout QBs. It's just an impression I get. I don't think anybody from that class save for Trevor Lawrence was any good at quarterbacking.
A lot of of fellow Lions fans talk about him like he's some kind of kryptonite. But the Lions have won the last 3 vs him.

Actually I believe that Caleb Williams is probably making sufficient to pay for some better defenders to come to USC.

If you believe the bolded statement, you haven't watched Fields play this season. He may not be the answer in Chicago (I'm currently on the fence if it might be better for BOTH Fields and the Bears to part ways), but he can flat out throw the deep ball with precision, timing, and anticipation. He's gotten markedly better this season at throwing the mid range anticipation throws. IMO, he's been severely hamstrung by a HC/OC combo that has stubbornly stuck to a 'system' that doesn't fit Fields' style of play and puts him in a position to lose. These next few games will definitely give us more of a feel for how good he can be.

Fields passing stats are better than Lawrence or Burrow this year. He's had some accuracy issues in the past for sure, but he's actually taken a noticeable step forward as a passer (thanks DJ Moore!) in addition to his rushing. I'd say Fields is AT WORST a top-20 QB in the NFL. Top-15 is reasonable. Now Caleb Williams is a better prospect (he might be the best prospect in over a decade) but I hate the idea that Fields is just some runner, its simply not true.

Quick list of teams where Fields would be an upgrade at QB:
Falcons
Browns
Packers
Raiders
Patriots
Saints
Giants
Steelers
Bucs
Titans

He's still only 24 and has gotten noticeably better by the season. I have no qualms about taking Caleb, but I think Fields could keep getting better and maybe not be a franchise guy, but be a very nice addition for a team that is mostly there but just needs to not be bad at QB. The Falcons would have 2-3 more wins if Fields was their QB, and I think the Steelers would be a much more dangerous team.

Vikings could make the playoffs. If they win tonight they will have a 1.5 game lead over the teams trailing them for a wildcard. Also, they don't have a particularly tough schedule rest of the way.
Fwiw I just read that the Vikings have an 80% chance of making the playoffs.

I didn't look deeper into what metrics were used to determine this.

Just something I noticed in passing.

It should be a close game.

Not sure about a similar level of talent besides the QB position.

How is the Bears offensive line doing? I think the Vikings offensive line has been playing pretty well.

The Vikings have some important players injured. Not really sure who wins tonight.

As I said before the Bears have been playing well recently.

The their due idea as far as winning a game in the NFC North not something I put much stock into.

How is the Bears offensive line doing? I think the Vikings offensive line has been playing pretty well.

The Vikings have some important players injured. Not really sure who wins tonight.

The their due idea as far as winning a game in the NFC North not something I put much stock into.
Vikes OL is better, but the Bears line has improved a ton since the beginning of the season. C and LT are areas of concern for the Bears line right now.

If the Bears are picking #1 and don't take a quarterback, it's malpractice.
I'd be open to another trade down scenario if a team like New England wants the #1 pick.

Still have two top 5 picks for a WR and LT. Get a second rounder back this year and have 4 picks in the first two rounds of 2025 (Bears picks, Pats 1st and Car 2nd).

With a new coaching staff, MHjr, OLine help, couple priority FAs, this team is in decent shape with JF.

Vikes OL is better, but the Bears line has improved a ton since the beginning of the season. C and LT are areas of concern for the Bears line right now.
Thanks for the info.

Just something I am curious about. I haven't been tracking their progress.

This is about the healthiest the Bears OL has been all year. Last week they finally had all 5 starters for a bit. Tonight should be more of the same. As long as whitehair doesn't play, they will be OK.

Missing Forman hurts the most. Only missing Stevenson on defense, which isn't major because he is only a rookie having an up and down season.

D has been playing a lot better lately. They will force Dobbs to beat them through the air, which I'm not sold on.

Should be a good match up.

Fields passing stats are better than Lawrence or Burrow this year. He's had some accuracy issues in the past for sure, but he's actually taken a noticeable step forward as a passer (thanks DJ Moore!) in addition to his rushing. I'd say Fields is AT WORST a top-20 QB in the NFL. Top-15 is reasonable. Now Caleb Williams is a better prospect (he might be the best prospect in over a decade) but I hate the idea that Fields is just some runner, its simply not true.

Quick list of teams where Fields would be an upgrade at QB:
Falcons
Browns
Packers
Raiders
Patriots
Saints
Giants
Steelers
Bucs
Titans

He's still only 24 and has gotten noticeably better by the season. I have no qualms about taking Caleb, but I think Fields could keep getting better and maybe not be a franchise guy, but be a very nice addition for a team that is mostly there but just needs to not be bad at QB. The Falcons would have 2-3 more wins if Fields was their QB, and I think the Steelers would be a much more dangerous team.
I would rather have J Love. It looks like he’s starting to figure it out. Another factor with Fields is missing games because of four different injuries. Can he stay healthy?

Surprised at all the fields love in here. I have always thought he was overrated and I'm pretty sure I have never seen him win a big game. Let alone a prime time game on the road. Agree this should be close but I give the edge to minn defense.

I watch every game, maybe he’s underrated fantasy-wise.
agree, he's overrated

Why do announcers never seem to acknowledge the players pushing people forward?

Like they'll be fired if they mention the two people carrying a RB to a 1st down?

Surprised at all the fields love in here. I have always thought he was overrated and I'm pretty sure I have never seen him win a big game. Let alone a prime time game on the road. Agree this should be close but I give the edge to minn defense.
He’s a sub par QB.

He actually looks the best I have ever seen him right now. Lol
He’s not going through progressions. He’s playing backyard ball.

Users who are viewing this thread