What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MNF - Andre Ellington [Q] - RB, ARI (1 Viewer)

Andre Ellington - RB - Cardinals

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that he and colleague Chris Mortensen are getting a "negative vibe" about Andre Ellington's (questionable, foot) odds of playing in Monday night's opener against San Diego.
"The vibe we're getting is negative," said Schefter. "We'd be surprised to see him out there Monday night." Reports out of Arizona have been negative as well. We'd advise to lean on safer options in Sunday games as opposed to "waiting" to see whether Ellington is active against the Bolts. If Ellington does not play, Jonathan Dwyer will be the lead back in front of Stepfan Taylor.

Sep 7 - 11:25 AM

Last edited by a moderator:
Andre Ellington's injury is to his peroneus longus.

It's a muscle that helps flex the ankle and Ellington has a little tear in it, per Jay Glazer. FOX Sports 910's Mike Jurecki is hearing that Ellington has two options now that doctors have decided against surgery. He can either put a boot on for 2-3 weeks to strengthen the muscle before returning, or he can simply try to gut it out and play in a limited capacity Monday night. Owners should be hoping Ellington chooses the rest path, but we won't know until about 90 minutes before gametime tomorrow.

Source: Mike Jurecki on Twitter
Sep 7 - 7:40 PM

my guess is he comes out for warm ups he dresses goes through walkthrough then sits it out and dwyer and taylor battle it out week 1... hopefully ari does lots of passing to FItz.

T with T said:
my guess is he comes out for warm ups he dresses goes through walkthrough then sits it out and dwyer and taylor battle it out week 1... hopefully ari does lots of passing to FItz.
I hope they shut down Fitz!

I picked up Dwyer and I wonder if it is the wise move to just roll with Dwyer and assume that Ellington will be minimally used?

Me too need 5 points either Ellington or Woodhead choice damn
I have the same choice and am rolling with Woodhead. Although I won my game by about 45 points already after Calvin's game tonight. But even if I were down a bit I think I'd go safe pick with Woodhead. You figure he's a 50/50 shot at a TD and almost guaranteed 4-5 receptions if you're in PPR.

socrates said:
Vector said:
Damn. Now I have to decide between him or Matthews.
I would roll with Mathews, I believe
Yeah, I think that one is an easy call. Mathews should be a good play regardless, not worth the risk if Ellington takes a weird step and goes out for the game or something.

socrates said:
Vector said:
Damn. Now I have to decide between him or Matthews.
I would roll with Mathews, I believe
Going with Ellington. Thanks for your input though. It's a PPR so I think Andre gives me the best chance, plus scared of 'Zona defense even with them being a little depleted.

Users who are viewing this thread