What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Misfits and Outlaws Payouts (1 Viewer)

moderated

Footballguy
Just wondering for those in the Mox dynasty leagues (there are 17 or 18 of them) have gotten their payouts sent to them yet.

I've been waiting for a month and a half and have emailed the commish a few times and keep getting told it will be by the end of the week, and it never comes.

Starting to get a bit peeved about this as payments being this late is inexcusable IMO.

Another degenerate commish, not paying the winnings is the worst thing as a commish can do.

People, has the lesson been learned to join zero leagues where you dont know the commish or how to find him?

Wow... this would be quite a big deal. There are a serious number of leagues here.

Anything from Couch Potato? I know he co-commishes a bunch, but not sure that he gets involved in finances at all...

Wow... this would be quite a big deal. There are a serious number of leagues here.Anything from Couch Potato? I know he co-commishes a bunch, but not sure that he gets involved in finances at all...
Glad to see this guy exposed for what he really is, cuz I have heard some bad things about this guy, from former members however.

Wow... this would be quite a big deal. There are a serious number of leagues here.Anything from Couch Potato? I know he co-commishes a bunch, but not sure that he gets involved in finances at all...
Glad to see this guy exposed for what he really is, cuz I have heard some bad things about this guy, from former members however.
I don't think we should jump to conclusions yet.
Yeah... I agree.

i think there is/was a small chance he would be able to pay out this year eventually since so many people defer winnings to the next year he really only has to have less then 40% of league money.

but this is a pyramid scheme that will eventually crumble whether it's this year or later. by posting this i know i risk a few hundred of this year payout but nobody should send any new money into these leagues.

i would love to be wrong and have the commish set a treasurer for each league so nobody is holding 25k+ individually. if he can liquidate the misfits leagues that way then i will offer a public apology.

Whoa, time out.FIRST, Couch Potato does not co-commish these leagues and has absolutely no authority over any aspect of these leagues. I have never handled a dime of league fees either.I have been there to help Commish Steve on occasion to watch over some of the rookie drafts back in the day they were all done live in one day and he needed help because there were so many leagues. I have also been a friend to Steve, and once did a draft update of the rules. And that's all.SECOND, I'm aware there have been rumblings about payouts in MOX leagues and today advised the MOX I guys to be patient and not overreact as a result of deadbeat commissioners that have been documented on FBG. Steve has paid out late, it's true, but he has consistently for the 7 years MOX I has been in existence and in all six MOX leagues I'm in. I don't like late payments any more than the rest of you, but I'm not ready to go down this attack path on Feb 3 when he has 18 leagues to pay out, as well as a very demanding job to deal with. Steve has not disappeared like Wahoos and Kremenull, and I strongly urge patience please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa, time out.FIRST, Couch Potato does not co-commish these leagues and has absolutely no authority over any aspect of these leagues. I have never handled a dime of league fees either.I have been there to help Commish Steve on occasion to watch over some of the rookie drafts back in the day they were all done live in one day and he needed help because there were so m any leagues. I have also been a friend to Steve, and once did a draft update of the rules. And that's all.SECOND, I'm aware there have been rumblings about payouts in MOX leagues and today advised the MOX I guys to be patient and not overreact as a result of deadbeat commissioners that have been documented on FBG. Steve has paid out late, it's true, but he has consistently for the 7 years MOX I has been in existence and in all six other MOX leagues I'm in. I don't like late payments any more than the rest of you, but I'm not ready to go down this attack path on Feb 3 when he has 18 leagues to pay out, as well as a very demanding job to deal with. Steve has not disappeared like Wahoos and Kremenull, and I strongly urge patience please.
then have him liquidate the leagues and have a separate treasurer for each one. if he can do that i will issue an open apology.

Another thing re the co-commish duties that Patoons may be remembering. I do have a commish password and have gone in on occasion for Steve and fixed MFL-related settings when he was unavailable or wanted help. Patoons may be remembering something along these lines. I haven't used that password though in at least a couple of years and it may have changed since then. Dunno.

SECOND, I'm aware there have been rumblings about payouts in MOX leagues and today advised the MOX I guys to be patient and not overreact as a result of deadbeat commissioners that have been documented on FBG. Steve has paid out late, it's true, but he has consistently for the 7 years MOX I has been in existence and in all six MOX leagues I'm in. I don't like late payments any more than the rest of you, but I'm not ready to go down this attack path on Feb 3 when he has 18 leagues to pay out, as well as a very demanding job to deal with. Steve has not disappeared like Wahoos and Kremenull, and I strongly urge patience please.
Why would he pay out late if all the funds are supposed to be there? Hasn't it been a long time since your league Super Bowl?

SECOND, I'm aware there have been rumblings about payouts in MOX leagues and today advised the MOX I guys to be patient and not overreact as a result of deadbeat commissioners that have been documented on FBG. Steve has paid out late, it's true, but he has consistently for the 7 years MOX I has been in existence and in all six MOX leagues I'm in. I don't like late payments any more than the rest of you, but I'm not ready to go down this attack path on Feb 3 when he has 18 leagues to pay out, as well as a very demanding job to deal with. Steve has not disappeared like Wahoos and Kremenull, and I strongly urge patience please.
Why would he pay out late if all the funds are supposed to be there? Hasn't it been a long time since your league Super Bowl?
That I have no way of answering. Maybe he will come in and do so. Anyway, I'm uncomfortable with this thread so I'm going to try not to post in it again. I just wanted to clear up the fact that I'm not involved with finances at all.

That I have no way of answering. Maybe he will come in and do so. Anyway, I'm uncomfortable with this thread so I'm going to try not to post in it again. I just wanted to clear up the fact that I'm not involved with finances at all.
in no way do i think you're involved bruce. you trusted the guy and likely got scammed like the rest of us.btw, i don't think the commish set out to scam, but got in over his head.

in no way do i think you're involved bruce. you trusted the guy and likely got scammed like the rest of us.btw, i don't think the commish set out to scam, but got in over his head.
Couch Potatoes said he's been paying for years, so I'm sure he's not out to get anyone's money intentionally. What I don't understand is why he hasn't paid if he has the money? Is he mixing league money with his money? That's never a good idea. Bad things can happen to those with the best intentions.

Couch Potatoes said he's been paying for years, so I'm sure he's not out to get anyone's money intentionally. What I don't understand is why he hasn't paid if he has the money? Is he mixing league money with his money? That's never a good idea.
im sure he never intended to scam, but started mixing league money with personal money and got in over his head.there is no reason for payouts to take months. ZERO.

im sure he never intended to scam, but started mixing league money with personal money and got in over his head.
I find this notion hard to believe, frankly.I run multiple dynasty leagues and at the end of each season, I reconcile my commish account to the deposit listing in each league and paypal records to ensure all money is accounted for and the leagues funds are in good standing. I would suspect that anyone who runs multiple leagues would need to do the exact same thing.

ETA: Seems to me there may just be a delay issue on Steve here, though...

Steve has started to payout to people. I have seen people in his leagues say so. I think the main problem Steve has is that there are a lot of leagues (somewhere around 20) and since the rules call for a fee for trading future firsts he has to go team by team and league by league.

And by the way I got stuck 600.00 by Wahoo's. I would give steve some time, I know he has a medical issue with a family member in the past.

Couch Potato said:
Another thing re the co-commish duties that Patoons may be remembering. I do have a commish password and have gone in on occasion for Steve and fixed MFL-related settings when he was unavailable or wanted help. Patoons may be remembering something along these lines. I haven't used that password though in at least a couple of years and it may have changed since then. Dunno.
Not accusing you of anything but in these times where people are saying to be careful of who you enter leagues with, maybe another warning is necessary about helping commishes out in any way at all. You (not you specifically, just generally) may never have touched a dime but if you used a password that could mingle the two of you together, who knows how that could end with your names linked either on the internet or in a legal document.

I am not accusing, however this same issue occurred last season in MOX leagues as well. I won about 1300 last season and Steve did not end up paying until March or April, can't remember which. He came in giving a whole bunch of family issues that had been going on, so we all looked over it. This season I won only $350 and have posted on the league forums where to send the payouts on 1-8-11 after Steve made the winnings post. On 1-20-11, after nearly 2 weeks of not receiving anything I emailed Steve and asked whats going on. I have still not received an email back.

I have been in MOX leagues since 2007, and am in 5. Other than the past 2 years, I have not heard any issues with payouts from Steve. But the past two years have been horrible, and have already led me to drop out of 2 of the leagues that I am in of his. I am worried about it since this is 2 years in a row, but I do love his leagues...so I am limiting how many I am in just in case this turns out to only get worse each year.

:bag:

well, good morning...imagine my surprise, as I sat computing payouts for owners in The Misfits, when I opened an email a league mate forwarded to me w/this Thread regarding "owners waiting months" for payouts... :nerd:

Our leagues (yes, there are 18 of them) run thru week 16, which ended on or about Dec 26th...after which, I barely logged on for the week between Xmas and New Years...with the work required in setting this up for everyone to show up for our Rookie Drafts that start late July, I work on each leagues site for I don't know how many hours most off season, starting from early May---I did take a few days off "to decompress"

I spent my spare time in the following week (start Mon 1/3) computing the 18 X 9 payouts across all the leagues, and had those totals posted on or about Monday Jan 10th

On each league Message Board, I posted everyone's payout and asked how they would like it distributed (PP, snailmail and/or cover any '11 fees, as this helps in a major way reduce the amount of administrative work required in making sure all of our leagues are 'staffed' with owners and that fees are collected for the up comming season)

As I hear from each owner I compute the final payout, as in our leagues there is a fee associated with trading Future Rookie Draft picks..."current" rooks are always traded free, but rooks from "future" classes have a fee of $10 for a 1st and $5 for a 2nd charged...if multiple picks are traded, only the highest fee is charged

We use these fees to help offset any discounts needed to recruit new owners---believe it or not, some guys who sign up for "Dynasty Leagues" stay a yr or 2, or until they've traded the future for now---and leave the commish trying to fill a team w/little talent and little or no draft pix...I'm not a fan of charging the owner in advance for the yrs involved w/the trades--many of our owners have several teams across the 3 different scoring systems and I refuse to make a guy pay $115 today to trade a 2012-1st and Reggie Bush for SGreene--but I digress

Once I heard from owners as to how the disribution was to be made, I started writing checks and sending PP's as I could...I do work running a newspaper distributorship which is 7 days/week(up 1:15AM), plus I have a small delivery business where I work "off hours" (ie, during the day) handling publications that are served weekly and monthly in the Baltimore area

So yesterday, I was up 1:15AM and got home @4 or so in the afternoon and crashed right after dinner & a hot shower---'bout 7PM

Have I paid everyone?

Not hardly---but over 1/2 the folks that have requested payouts have been taken care of, and as I said, I was working on some of this when I got the email about this thread

2010 is Year 8 The Misfits have been around---prior to this season, I've handled over $105K in league dues and EVERY dime has been paid out to EVERY owner, EVERY year

as will be the case this year...

I'm back to work

FYI to those concerned about getting paid. I just received my check in the mail for the correct amount. I had winnings in all 6 leagues I'm in.

The check was dated 1/29, last Saturday. Steve lives on the East Coast and I am on the West Coast. I mention this in case anyone is wondering whether this thread, started yesterday, had anything to do with me getting my payment. It did not. The check had to have already been in the mail to arrive here when it did.

Before anyone suggests he's taking care of his buddies first, I'll also mention that I was probably one of the last ones to be paid last year. I don't know his process but don't think it is favoritism.

I really think anyone fearing the worst can relax. Just be a little patient. And maybe some things can be done to organize the payout process better so Steve can get payouts to people more quickly in the future.

I am not accusing, however this same issue occurred last season in MOX leagues as well. I won about 1300 last season and Steve did not end up paying until March or April, can't remember which.
yes, DD...there were a few of you that got paid in early March---there were also 2 pretty serious things that happened w/me last year, which really slowed me down getting to everyone...1)my very close cousin (more like a brother, really) became very ill just before Thanksgiving and required a liver transplant...he was in Johns Hopkins for just under 2 months, and only "out of the woods" the last 10 days or so--my wife and I visited as often as we could, for he was dead on the table at one point and was on life support for nearly 72 hrs w/no liver at all--they had to stop the transplant of the 1st liver because he was too weak to continue..the liver was shipped to another person and my cousin waited for another, which came only hrs before it was too late to...he got the 2nd, and fast forward to today--is doing really wellwhile it all ended well, it didn't appear as tho it would for awhile and I'll tell you it was the absolute worst time emotionally for my wife and I...ever2)so I was slow to get started and didn't have everyone paid by the Super Bowl (I really try to get this handled by SB weekend, but was behind in doing so), and then had to deal w/back-to-back record snow storms...something like 24-28" 1st week of Feb, then another 30" or so w/in a week--close to 5' of snow in around 10 days or soas I mentioned, I run a newspaper distributorship--while most of Maryland sat during this period, I was out of work only the 1st day of each storm--then trucked into work to find next to no carriers (we have 70 routes that go out every day, roughly 30K papers/day)...so my boss, a couple other managers and I loaded up our Jeeps/other SUV's and trucked around Ho County serving as many papers as we could each day, working 12-14hrs/day, everyday until things settled downmany carriers didn't return to work after that, so I was crazy busy training new folks...things settled down by March 1st or so, when I got back to the business of figuring the rest of the folks that were dueI don't offer this as an excuse, merely as an explanation as to what exactly went down, and when...and how it impacted the time I had to work on league businessoh...PP sent :confused:

I am not accusing, however this same issue occurred last season in MOX leagues as well. I won about 1300 last season and Steve did not end up paying until March or April, can't remember which.
yes, DD...there were a few of you that got paid in early March---there were also 2 pretty serious things that happened w/me last year, which really slowed me down getting to everyone...1)my very close cousin (more like a brother, really) became very ill just before Thanksgiving and required a liver transplant...he was in Johns Hopkins for just under 2 months, and only "out of the woods" the last 10 days or so--my wife and I visited as often as we could, for he was dead on the table at one point and was on life support for nearly 72 hrs w/no liver at all--they had to stop the transplant of the 1st liver because he was too weak to continue..the liver was shipped to another person and my cousin waited for another, which came only hrs before it was too late to...he got the 2nd, and fast forward to today--is doing really wellwhile it all ended well, it didn't appear as tho it would for awhile and I'll tell you it was the absolute worst time emotionally for my wife and I...ever2)so I was slow to get started and didn't have everyone paid by the Super Bowl (I really try to get this handled by SB weekend, but was behind in doing so), and then had to deal w/back-to-back record snow storms...something like 24-28" 1st week of Feb, then another 30" or so w/in a week--close to 5' of snow in around 10 days or soas I mentioned, I run a newspaper distributorship--while most of Maryland sat during this period, I was out of work only the 1st day of each storm--then trucked into work to find next to no carriers (we have 70 routes that go out every day, roughly 30K papers/day)...so my boss, a couple other managers and I loaded up our Jeeps/other SUV's and trucked around Ho County serving as many papers as we could each day, working 12-14hrs/day, everyday until things settled downmany carriers didn't return to work after that, so I was crazy busy training new folks...things settled down by March 1st or so, when I got back to the business of figuring the rest of the folks that were dueI don't offer this as an excuse, merely as an explanation as to what exactly went down, and when...and how it impacted the time I had to work on league businessoh...PP sent :blackdot:
I've always loved your leagues and think you are a top notch commish Steve, especially considering the amount of leagues that you run. That said, I was just posting my worries in here as well since it seems others were worried also. With all of the horror stories of other commishes, you just don't know anyone these days. I plan to stay in your leagues, most definetly, but am cutting down by 1 or 2...because I don't think its safe to "put all of your eggs in one basket". I don't know what will ever happen, but its safer to not be in 5 or more leagues with only one commish no matter how well you trust him over the innerwebz. If I didn't trust you at all, I would simply drop all leagues right now.Anyway, I think we were all worried the the other horror stories going around which is what lead to this post. Thanks for promptly coming in and clearing things up, class act! :hifive:

I got paid a couple weeks ago, but I was also the only one in my league to immediately post to Steve's thread asking how to pay us.

The gun was jumped here, as it's pretty obvious he's making his payments, even if a bit slower than some might like.

I got paid a couple weeks ago, but I was also the only one in my league to immediately post to Steve's thread asking how to pay us.The gun was jumped here, as it's pretty obvious he's making his payments, even if a bit slower than some might like.
Pay when the fantasy season is over, end of story, and not even a debate. If you can not pay your league winners asap, then you should not be a commish, in my eyes you are a deadbeat and I will not apologize for sayin so. He should of paid by the first week of January, again no excuse. If you spent it, it was not your money to spend, which obviously happened. You can defend these deadbeats and make excuses all you like, still unacceptable in every way, shape, and form.No ones bills care about your time to decompress, and you took on the responsibility of being a commish, no one forced you. Your excuses are a shame, but nice try.If your a commish, and have not paid, your a _____. We are talking cash here, its what makes the world go round, we are not talking potato chips guys.

Payouts should be made by the Super Bowl.
As a silent co-owner of a team in one of his leagues....That is still unacceptable to the people who were forced to pay their league fees asap. I remember when I was in one of his leagues, he wanted his money NOW. Winners want their money now. People should be taking way more of a stand on these issues, not making excuses or being ok with this. We trust commishes with our hard earned money, paying even a week late is unacceptable. Some may disagree, but I think most would agree.

Payouts should be made by the Super Bowl.
As a silent co-owner of a team in one of his leagues....That is still unacceptable to the people who were forced to pay their league fees asap. I remember when I was in one of his leagues, he wanted his money NOW. Winners want their money now. People should be taking way more of a stand on these issues, not making excuses or being ok with this. We trust commishes with our hard earned money, paying even a week late is unacceptable. Some may disagree, but I think most would agree.
1...I agree "timely" payouts has been an issue--I don't argue that in any way, shape or form--I offer no excuses, I only seek to improve how I can handle this better in the future2...now, about "forced to pay their league fees right away"..."he wanted his money NOW"...

I'm not sure who you are, don't know--don't care...if a new owner gets involved in the Misfits, yes---you pay before you get a password

if you've been around awhile, I'll work w/you---outside of a brand new owner to the leagues, NO ONE is told you pay ASAP...that is crap--"pay by" date has been July 1st--if you were around for more than 1 season, you'd know that...if you signed up for a Dynasty League and weren't around for more than 1 season, frankly you've got no business going on about "how it ought to be"

I'm not one to take things public, it is not my nature---but there is at least 1 in this thread who can tell you that I'm more than reasonable to work w/regarding time/amt of payment, and a 2nd that is going to have a 2nd check over nighted to them today...apparently the Post Office dropped the ball and lost the 1st one--I'm paying "Stop Payment" fee $30 on the check, owner is picking up the overnight charge

3...I have a real issue w/the underlying theme that "the money isn't there", and the speculation as to what happened

I have prepared some paperwork and I don't know exactly how I'm going to share it, and w/whom...I'll be sending a PM to a Staffer I know and trust to see if he might become a bit of a go between in all this

it includes mortgage date/balance on primary residence, address of a 2nd home we own (outright-no mortgage), credit card balance/limit, 4 bank balances(including Misfit acct), 2 CD balances and a stock dividend check which will indicate how many shares of a major corporation my wife and I own--a check issued 12/15, still uncashed BTW

it will certainly put to rest any notion I'm living off my league mates back, which has been questioned by more than one

4...for the record, every league plays for a guaranteed prize fund each season---I cover any shortages, which totaled over $1K this season

I play in, and pay for a team, in every league I run...I've covered teams that didn't pay the full league fees of $115, as I've had owners dump some pretty bad teams over the years, w/o any draft picks and couldn't get a new owner for anywhere near full fees

if you play in the Misfits, you will ALWAYS play for the full prize fund for each league, regardless of what we have to do to replace owners that have left

I applaud the guys that can run these leagues and can not have life issues get in the way w/how things go...my goal will be to improve communications w/the leaguemates as to where things are and to obviously have these payouts handled alittle better in the future

since 2002, I have COLLECTED and PAID OUT over $105K in league prizes...

EVERY owner has collected EVERY dime, EVERY year

this season, I will pay nearly 100 guys, and have spent well over 1 hour dealing w/1 guy that had had an issue w/a check lost...while working a job that is 7 days/week, no day off since our seasons end--no excuses, simply offering up what has gone on

beat me up all you want that it's taken 5 weeks, I own and accept that needs work--to say "he's gone off w/the money", as was the premise in Post 1 and others, is completely inaccurate

thanks steve

I appreciate the quick repsonses and communication.

I was sure you would pay.

just a tough year to be wondering where payment is, with all the commishes bailing and the economy sucking ###

I may get a time out over this, but so it goes.

I've seen many Football Critic posts in the Shark Pool, and now his posts here. The guy is a complete unknowledgeable tool and anything he says ought to be ignored. Seems like his only intention in this thread is to stir things up.

He is a "silent co-owner"? Or maybe isn't still, but was? Unclear based on "As a silent co-owner of a team in one of his leagues" followed by "I remember when I was in one of his leagues..." So his name isn't on anything, he probably has no money owed to him anyway, yet he shoots off his mouth as if he's a major player in all this and has a lot at stake.

Plus he says things like (post #5) "Glad to see this guy exposed for what he really is, cuz I have heard some bad things about this guy, from former members however." You have no idea "what he really is" you idiot, and need to shut your freaking mouth when you have no clue.

Please please please quit the one league you are a "silent co-owner" in (if you are still in it), and just be silent.

:unsure: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I've met with Steve personally...I can attest to the extreme unlikelihood that Steve would want or need to steal a couple thousand dollars from random Internet guys. I think this is basically pocket change to the guy. If anything, the fact that it is pocket change might well be a big part of why things are slow coming out.

I agree that payouts should be more timely, but timely is not the same thing as "stealing", as the OP and others have suggested. IE: Chill out folks.

Steve: If you need or want help on the organizational side to speed these things up in the future...let me know!

I may get a time out over this, but so it goes.I've seen many Football Critic posts in the Shark Pool, and now his posts here. The guy is a complete unknowledgeable tool and anything he says ought to be ignored. Seems like his only intention in this thread is to stir things up. He is a "silent co-owner"? Or maybe isn't still, but was? Unclear based on "As a silent co-owner of a team in one of his leagues" followed by "I remember when I was in one of his leagues..." So his name isn't on anything, he probably has no money owed to him anyway, yet he shoots off his mouth as if he's a major player in all this and has a lot at stake. Plus he says things like (post #5) "Glad to see this guy exposed for what he really is, cuz I have heard some bad things about this guy, from former members however." You have no idea "what he really is" you idiot, and need to shut your freaking mouth when you have no clue.Please please please quit the one league you are a "silent co-owner" in (if you are still in it), and just be silent. :confused: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:
:goodposting: Actually great posting. I do not know anyone in this thread (got drug in by the curiousity of the number of deadbeat commishes that have popped up this year). But Football Critic is permanently on my ignore list. His response a few comments ago is like his comments on so many other topics in the last month. Check out his postings. I don't know who you are Football Critic and I am sure you could care less who I am, but quit the pissing in the pool. This commish said he needs to try to get the $$ out sooner but is getting it out. And you accuse him of stealing it, and having to take time to repay it. You have absolutely no idea why it is not as fast as you want and obviously (like so many of your other comments in other threads) you don't care when a fact gets put in front of you that goes against your "high and mighty" position. Don't join a league that has a commissioner running 20 other identical leagues if you need to be paid by the first playoff game. The processing of the payouts are going to take more time when running multiple leagues. Bottom line, if you need to be paid by the first playoff game, don't join any leagues with a commissioner in multiple leagues.

Football critic sounds like a bitter tool. That being said, I wouldn't play in a league where I still dont have my winnings yet.

I am in multiple leagues of Steves I am one of those guys that everyone loves to be in a league with you know the one that loses all the time so payouts are not a big issue with me as I don't get them very often.I can say that Steve has let me take over a team at no charge because an owner bailed and it wasn't in to good of shape.He still paid full winnings in that league so my fees basically came out of his pocket so my feelings are Steve is an outstanding commish who cares about the leagues and makes them very enjoyable.I am sure that he will be working on a way to make his payouts a little more timely and thats all I've got to say about that.

I may get a time out over this, but so it goes.

I've seen many Football Critic posts in the Shark Pool, and now his posts here. The guy is a complete unknowledgeable tool and anything he says ought to be ignored. Seems like his only intention in this thread is to stir things up.

He is a "silent co-owner"? Or maybe isn't still, but was? Unclear based on "As a silent co-owner of a team in one of his leagues" followed by "I remember when I was in one of his leagues..." So his name isn't on anything, he probably has no money owed to him anyway, yet he shoots off his mouth as if he's a major player in all this and has a lot at stake.

Plus he says things like (post #5) "Glad to see this guy exposed for what he really is, cuz I have heard some bad things about this guy, from former members however." You have no idea "what he really is" you idiot, and need to shut your freaking mouth when you have no clue.

Please please please quit the one league you are a "silent co-owner" in (if you are still in it), and just be silent.

:excited: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:
:mellow: Actually great posting. I do not know anyone in this thread (got drug in by the curiousity of the number of deadbeat commishes that have popped up this year). But Football Critic is permanently on my ignore list. His response a few comments ago is like his comments on so many other topics in the last month. Check out his postings.

I don't know who you are Football Critic and I am sure you could care less who I am, but quit the pissing in the pool. This commish said he needs to try to get the $$ out sooner but is getting it out. And you accuse him of stealing it, and having to take time to repay it. You have absolutely no idea why it is not as fast as you want and obviously (like so many of your other comments in other threads) you don't care when a fact gets put in front of you that goes against your "high and mighty" position. Don't join a league that has a commissioner running 20 other identical leagues if you need to be paid by the first playoff game. The processing of the payouts are going to take more time when running multiple leagues. Bottom line, if you need to be paid by the first playoff game, don't join any leagues with a commissioner in multiple leagues.
Football Critic has gotten kicked out of every fantasy league he has been in. The only way he was able to sneak in was as a co-owner with his cousin. Critic has also been suspended from FBG several times, and just registers under a new handle. His previous persona was well known, and highly mocked : http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...?showuser=27038

This guy is JuSt CuZ?! Oh man... I can't get him onto my ignore list fast enough. Thanks.
and as Paul Harvey used to say:"now you know the rest of the story"

I'm entering my 19th season playing FF...I run, have run, used to run or helped run over 25 different FF leagues over the years

in all that time, I refunded 1 guys money prior to the start of a season--kicked out for "conduct unbecoming of a Misfit&Outlaw", if there is such a thing!

...take a guess?

:thumbup:

BTW, FC/JC...how 'bout you call "your cuz", the guy that will get a lost check replaced sent FedEx--now get out of my life...again

I have two suggestions-----------I commish leagues so my sympathy for taking this long to payout does not exist. It is unacceptable.

2 things.........

First I see each year new MOX leagues being advertised on here as new start ups. If you cannot payout timely I would suggest not starting new leagues until you get this process completed faster.

Second most guys will accept and allow bylaw rules to guide the league. If you are going to payout slow then why not put a PAYOUT date in your bylaws. It will tell owners that they should not get excited until Feb 15 if that is how long you need and this thread wouldnt exist yet because you technically wouldnt be late and you would have been honest in your process to all owners before they join your leagues. If they are ok with this payout date then they will join.......if they are not then they can choose to pass on your leagues. It would at least be stated.

IF you state this in the bylaws then you allow owners the CHOICE to accept slow pay instead of it being forced on them. People like choices. It also protects you by giving you longer to pay out.

Personally I wouldnt choose Feb 15 but it is the date I am using in this example as it seems like it was the date that mightve made a difference this year.

Your owners are very good to you..........their patience is exceptional. You should embrace this and strive to pay them faster.

This guy is JuSt CuZ?! Oh man... I can't get him onto my ignore list fast enough. Thanks.
and as Paul Harvey used to say:"now you know the rest of the story"

I'm entering my 19th season playing FF...I run, have run, used to run or helped run over 25 different FF leagues over the years

in all that time, I refunded 1 guys money prior to the start of a season--kicked out for "conduct unbecoming of a Misfit&Outlaw", if there is such a thing!

...take a guess?

:shock:

BTW, FC/JC...how 'bout you call "your cuz", the guy that will get a lost check replaced sent FedEx--now get out of my life...again
I love the deflection of trying to make me look like someone else, to cover up a degenerate who don't pay his winnings, good day. And the person I co-own a team with I am not related too, but good day, lol....but my coowner did say u used the "lost check" excuse, please dud you should be paying your bills, not making excuses. But make me look like someone else or as this "Jus cuz guy" to deflect that you are not paying your winnings.Whatever this ignore thing is you are talking about, why should I care, does that hurt me in some way? You guys are attacking a vocal person who is about getting money back, yet defending someone who is keeping your money, got to love america.

Hope you guys get your money within 6 months next year.

I have two suggestions-----------I commish leagues so my sympathy for taking this long to payout does not exist. It is unacceptable.

2 things.........

First I see each year new MOX leagues being advertised on here as new start ups. If you cannot payout timely I would suggest not starting new leagues until you get this process completed faster.

Second most guys will accept and allow bylaw rules to guide the league. If you are going to payout slow then why not put a PAYOUT date in your bylaws. It will tell owners that they should not get excited until Feb 15 if that is how long you need and this thread wouldnt exist yet because you technically wouldnt be late and you would have been honest in your process to all owners before they join your leagues. If they are ok with this payout date then they will join.......if they are not then they can choose to pass on your leagues. It would at least be stated.

IF you state this in the bylaws then you allow owners the CHOICE to accept slow pay instead of it being forced on them. People like choices. It also protects you by giving you longer to pay out.

Personally I wouldnt choose Feb 15 but it is the date I am using in this example as it seems like it was the date that mightve made a difference this year.

Your owners are very good to you..........their patience is exceptional. You should embrace this and strive to pay them faster.
finally...something useful...thanx CFlipand yes...they are OUTSTANDING owners

If I'm wrong Mr Football Critic, please accept my apologies...

but to continue to hide behind the "my co-owner said you used the lost check thing" and "hope you guys get your money w/in 6 months next year" is pretty lame

I ate a $30 Stop Payment fee on a check that was mailed 2 weeks ago--believe what you want

finally, be "a vocal person"...but let's include "accurate" also, for you've been a little short on that

2 things.........

finally...something useful...thanx CFlipand yes...they are OUTSTANDING owners

If I'm wrong Mr Football Critic, please accept my apologies...

but to continue to hide behind the "my co-owner said you used the lost check thing" and "hope you guys get your money w/in 6 months next year" is pretty lame

I ate a $30 Stop Payment fee on a check that was mailed 2 weeks ago--believe what you want

finally, be "a vocal person"...but let's include "accurate" also, for you've been a little short on that
my apologies for some of the harsh words, its just this issue is running thin with the commishes going AWOL.I understand the financial issues if they are some, but I'll leave with this, "people just want their money". Happy Super Bowl Day

yes, DD...there were a few of you that got paid in early March---there were also 2 pretty serious things that happened w/me last year, which really slowed me down getting to everyone...1)my very close cousin (more like a brother, really) became very ill just before Thanksgiving and required a liver transplant...he was in Johns Hopkins for just under 2 months, and only "out of the woods" the last 10 days or so--my wife and I visited as often as we could, for he was dead on the table at one point and was on life support for nearly 72 hrs w/no liver at all--they had to stop the transplant of the 1st liver because he was too weak to continue..the liver was shipped to another person and my cousin waited for another, which came only hrs before it was too late to...he got the 2nd, and fast forward to today--is doing really wellwhile it all ended well, it didn't appear as tho it would for awhile and I'll tell you it was the absolute worst time emotionally for my wife and I...ever2)so I was slow to get started and didn't have everyone paid by the Super Bowl (I really try to get this handled by SB weekend, but was behind in doing so), and then had to deal w/back-to-back record snow storms...something like 24-28" 1st week of Feb, then another 30" or so w/in a week--close to 5' of snow in around 10 days or soas I mentioned, I run a newspaper distributorship--while most of Maryland sat during this period, I was out of work only the 1st day of each storm--then trucked into work to find next to no carriers (we have 70 routes that go out every day, roughly 30K papers/day)...so my boss, a couple other managers and I loaded up our Jeeps/other SUV's and trucked around Ho County serving as many papers as we could each day, working 12-14hrs/day, everyday until things settled downmany carriers didn't return to work after that, so I was crazy busy training new folks...things settled down by March 1st or so, when I got back to the business of figuring the rest of the folks that were dueI don't offer this as an excuse, merely as an explanation as to what exactly went down, and when...and how it impacted the time I had to work on league businessoh...PP sent :yes:
I've always loved your leagues and think you are a top notch commish Steve, especially considering the amount of leagues that you run. That said, I was just posting my worries in here as well since it seems others were worried also. With all of the horror stories of other commishes, you just don't know anyone these days. I plan to stay in your leagues, most definetly, but am cutting down by 1 or 2...because I don't think its safe to "put all of your eggs in one basket". I don't know what will ever happen, but its safer to not be in 5 or more leagues with only one commish no matter how well you trust him over the innerwebz. If I didn't trust you at all, I would simply drop all leagues right now.Anyway, I think we were all worried the the other horror stories going around which is what lead to this post. Thanks for promptly coming in and clearing things up, class act! :thumbup:
Yea Im glad your guys turned out great... there are so many crappy commishes out there and I was right dab in the middle of one of them.... Glad to see he is a genuine commish and just had some hard times to deal with, which is 100 percent explainable.. good to see this guys

I am in multiple leagues of Steves I am one of those guys that everyone loves to be in a league with you know the one that loses all the time so payouts are not a big issue with me as I don't get them very often.I can say that Steve has let me take over a team at no charge because an owner bailed and it wasn't in to good of shape.He still paid full winnings in that league so my fees basically came out of his pocket so my feelings are Steve is an outstanding commish who cares about the leagues and makes them very enjoyable.I am sure that he will be working on a way to make his payouts a little more timely and thats all I've got to say about that.
yea he seems like a great commish... give the guy a break some of you guys.... he did mention at least 2 valid, Very valid reasons I may add as to why the payments were late.... I wish our saga with WAHOO would have ended this good

I apoligize for probably jumping the gun, but based on the offseason debacle with dynasty league payouts i feared the worst.

It seems i was wrong.

see it looks like a big misunderstanding, not a total fraud job like our commish who commished 25 leagues and probably owes out several thousands in debt that he doesn't have and doesnt intend on paying back... Losers like that ruin the spirit of fantasy football and intregrity that the man who wins gets the pot. thats how it should be and thats why ffootballers love to see a bad situation end up good because the owner is truly honest and professional...

Really why was this thread started? This is one of the best run leagues around. I'd love to see payments a bit faster especially given all of the recent deadbeat leagues we've seen posted here but the football season really just now ended. Maybe Steve should put a payment deadline in his bylaws and/or use his assistants to help calculate each league though. I can't imagine running 18 teams (or more) plus commish duties.

Really why was this thread started? This is one of the best run leagues around. I'd love to see payments a bit faster especially given all of the recent deadbeat leagues we've seen posted here but the football season really just now ended. Maybe Steve should put a payment deadline in his bylaws and/or use his assistants to help calculate each league though. I can't imagine running 18 teams (or more) plus commish duties.
Careful or you may get the warning below about not helping out commishes in any way at all.
Not accusing you of anything but in these times where people are saying to be careful of who you enter leagues with, maybe another warning is necessary about helping commishes out in any way at all. You (not you specifically, just generally) may never have touched a dime but if you used a password that could mingle the two of you together, who knows how that could end with your names linked either on the internet or in a legal document.

Users who are viewing this thread