What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Minnesota at Green Bay** (-3, 47.5) 4:25 Kickoff (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
"The Dangerfields vs the Hallucinogens"
would have been the preferred title in this one

Is Aaron Jones going to be good to go or just so so today?
Go!

Jones is off the injury report. When The Green Bay offense is at their best they run the ball well. I look for Jones and Dillon to be productive today,if they are not Aaron is out of the playoff "hunt".
Good call on "The Dangerfields" tag. That's Rodney Dangerfield kids,google him. Packers defense looked great in the second half of their last game,of course we don't know how Tua was feeling. They got burnt in the first half before Tua was not feeling well. This could be a high scoring game. Watson questionable and if he plays maybe not 100%? I think The Vikings want to make a statement today...

Dangerfields- 37
Cheeseheads- 33

I just don't see a high scoring game here. Green Bay should be able to run the ball against the Vikings, which eats up clock. I think more like a 20-17 game

So hard to forecast the split of touches between Aaron Jones and Dillon. I’m going to say slight majority to Dillon based on Aaron Jones probably still not 100%.

Any guesses?

How’s weather, debating if I want all pieces in an get of a shootout with Rodgers/Dillon/Lazard or stay away?

Vikings need to get out of here without any more injuries. The guy playing center hasn’t played center in the NFL ever. He’s been in the league seven years let that sink in.

Vikings need to get out of here without any more injuries. The guy playing center hasn’t played center in the NFL ever. He’s been in the league seven years let that sink in.

boo hoo

Lions have been starting a 5th stringer at RG most of the year. Starting C can’t practice most of the time bc he’s tryjng to manage constant pain.

Everybody is banged up this time of year.

O'Connell has no in game adjustment ability.. pretty obvious with a 3rd string center + 2nd string RT you need to change up your game plan. Yet, keep Cousin as a sitting duck in the pocket, have Jefferson standi g still, rather than put him motion..
Don't like giving up early, but I don't see any fire in the Vikings today who are playing like they are just happy to be here, whereas Packers are playing like the game matters. :kicksrock:

boo hoo

Lions have been starting a 5th stringer at RG most of the year. Starting C can’t practice most of the time bc he’s tryjng to manage constant pain.

Bringing a team in that’s not even playing this game seems a little bit sensitive no?

boo hoo

Packers have been playing with 2 Rookie Wrs, and a makeshift OL all year. No excuses, it's the NFL

boo hoo

Packers have been playing with 2 Rookie Wrs, and a makeshift OL all year. No excuses, it's the NFL
It’s not an excuse. It’s an explanation. Just a factor in the game so far.

boo hoo

Difference is that RT has had time to practice.. This guy in at center for the Vikings has never played the position before.. Not to mention O'Connell keeps calling the same game plan as if all #1 OL players on the field. :mellow:

Minnesota is a good pick to be upset in their first playoff game tbh
Depends on their opponent, but their defense is absolute trash, so they are ripe to get dumped in the 1st round.

I won't be surprised if this turns into the Dallas game where Minnesota tucks tails instead of fighting back and making a game out of it.

Depends on their opponent, but their defense is absolute trash, so they are ripe to get dumped in the 1st round.

I won't be surprised if this turns into the Dallas game where Minnesota tucks tails instead of fighting back and making a game out of it.
If Vikes fall to #3 they probably face the Giants. That's their best matchup since Giants are decimated in the secondary and their offense is basically Saquon.

boo hoo

Difference is that RT has had time to practice.. This guy in at center for the Vikings has never played the position before.. Not to mention O'Connell keeps calling the same game plan as if all #1 OL players on the field. :mellow:

I know this crazy but you can actually cross train OL

we had a 6’9” tackle who has been cut 20 times - not a typo -playing guard (tallest in league history)

the point is nobody cares. everybody has some kind of adversity to overcome. you’re no worse off than anyone else.

and even if you are, nobody cares.

boo hoo

oh that’s nice

doesn’t change anything

go make a play

Today's game was over on INT return. You could see the Packers came out fired up playing for a playoff spot, whereas The Vikings just seem to be going through the motions.
And there is Kirk sitting in the pocket on an obvious pass play, and of course sacked. :mellow:

boo hoo

oh that’s nice

doesn’t change anything

go make a play
I’m not playing in the game. I’m just commenting on it. I’ll run it by you next time.

The Packers actually changing their defensive scheme from heavy zone to man front with safety high is huge. Jaire if getting Jefferson with a safety high a lot more than in the 1st game, plus refs are letting these guys play. O'Connell needs to make some bigtime changes.

Last edited:
If the Vikings can come back today, I think it'd be 10X more impressive than the comeback against the Colts.

boo hoo

oh that’s nice

doesn’t change anything

go make a play
I’m not playing in the game. I’m just commenting on it. I’ll run it by you next time.

Hey thanks chief

Ever heard of a team that’s 12-4 with a negative point differential? It’s probably happened but not with a team 8 games over .500

Y’all gotta be the weakest top 3 seed playoff team in the Super Bowl era.

If Vikes fall to #3 they probably face the Giants. That's their best matchup since Giants are decimated in the secondary and their offense is basically Saquon.
If Jackson is back for the playoffs, that's pretty much the same secondary they started the year with. what are you talking about?

boo hoo

oh that’s nice

doesn’t change anything

go make a play

Hey thanks chief

Ever heard of a team that’s 12-4 with a negative point differential? It’s probably happened but not with a team 8 games over .500

What the hell is up your butt today? Super weird. Hope all is well.

@kodycutter, I will take shutdown CB Jaire Alexander and the GB secondary over Adoree in what might be his 1st game back/slightly compromised McKinney in terms of limiting JJ. Giants just don't have enough competent bodies at CB to bother him.

boo hoo

oh that’s nice

doesn’t change anything

go make a play

Hey thanks chief

What the hell is up your butt today? Super weird. Hope all is well.

you know what’s not up my ***?

the horse shoe Kevin O’Connel carries around inside his.

Can someone explain why the Vikings with a compromised line keep dropping back and having Cousins casually stand there like he has 5 seconds to throw? Screen to Cook. 3-step drop that and get it out fast. Or run the ball with Cook!

Despite 3-7 on the early games, took ALL HOME teams this week and has been disastrous of course

Not surprised Green Bay is thumping the Vikes

Putting together a decent drive, but call pass plays that take 5 seconds to develop, and leave Cousin in the pocket... And that is the result you deserve. :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread