What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Sims-Walker (1 Viewer)

steelwind

Footballguy
"Mike Sims-Walker hinted on Twitter Monday morning that he's expecting to be released.

"Done been thru a lot and pretty sure I'm gone go thru a lot more but I promise I have no brakes!!!!" The tweet has since been deleted, but is a pretty strong hint it's Sims-Walker who will be jettisoned to clear a roster spot for Brandon Lloyd. A healthy scratch on Sunday, MSW has been a flop for the Rams, hauling in just 11 catches for 139 yards while committing multiple drops. Interest in his services will be limited if he hits the open market.

Source: TurfShowTimes.com"

Now that the Patriots lost out on Lloyd and Sims-Walker could be released will they be interested in picking him up? He can't possibly be worse than Ocho-Stinko.

Why would the Patriots want a guy that

a) Already failed in a Josh Mcdaniels type offense

b) couldnt beat out the likes of Alexander, Salas or brandon gibson

For that matter, if the most WR needy team in the NFL just released him what does that say about his ability at this point....

Not sure about the Pats, have they ever expressed an interest in him before? I wonder if Jax has thought about reacquiring him.

MSW wanted to join the dolphins during the offseason but I don't think they showed much interest. He and Marshall are good friends. Maybe they'll add him to keep a leg up in their suck 4 luck campaign.

great Point by Furby above. I do remember stories from over the summer about him and Marshall teaming up in Mia.MSW has always been an enigma to me, maybe this will light a fire for the guy. Not sure I see him going to NE though. IMO doesn't make sense for him or the Pats.

The Pats aren't interested in this guy. Ocho Cinco has become a non-factor in this offense. What makes you think Sims-Walker will?

Bears may have some interest... I thought they brought him in at some point before he went to STL..
The Bears were loosely connected to him this off-season. I could see it happening but as a Bears fan and as bad as the receiving corps is, would he really be any help? The Bears are on bye week 8 so I guess that would make it an easier transition.

I havent seen him play this year. He had some flashes of talent as a Jag. I would think that a team would take a flier on him. Whats his deal, does he have Manninghamhands? Would he be an upgrade for Carolina? The Pats and Niners were also looking for WR help, so who knows.

The Pats aren't interested in this guy. Ocho Cinco has become a non-factor in this offense. What makes you think Sims-Walker will?
Pats should have parted with a mid-pick for Brandon Lloyd and let 85 walk.
this doesn't make sense when you consider the business side- Ocho's contract is guaranteed when he was on the week 1 roster so you have to pay him even if you release him

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize MSW's hands were that bad, I haven't had the chance to watch him play much the last couple of years. If he's that bad, I don't see why anyone would pick him up right now except maybe SF.

Anything ever come about why he was deactivated for last Sunday? I thought maybe there was a "final straw" type story prior to his release.

Dude's a fantasy "goose egg" waiting to happen.

while I'm sure he may have some value returning to where he had his best moments, I'm just glad to see him playing somewhere signed,

Subscriber Contest Owner where I paid $11 for him..... :bag: :thumbup: :whistle:

:clap: :pickle: :banned: :suds:

Users who are viewing this thread