What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike & Mike - unlistenable (2 Viewers)

So the FAA hates Jim Rome, Cowherd, Mike & Mike and Dan Patrick (or at least I do). What does that leave us with?Lets face it, we're a bunch of whiney spoiled biches and we hate everything.
You need to put Steven A. Smith in da house here. Listening to him makes me want to rip my eyes out - and I'm not even using that sense.

M&M themselves are terrible, but they still have awesome guests. Anytime Timmayyy, Buster, Shefter, CCarter, etc join the show, I stick around. If it's just the two of them, I prefer some other XM stations (fantasy XM, MLB Radio, etc).

As I was listening to ESPN 1050 this morning (since the reception for ESPN 98.7 sounds like total crap) and during one of their terrible shows the host started talking about the great new ESPN Radio app which was just released. Now I'm one of the suckers who plunked down $4.99 for the original app a year ago which allows me to download podcasts and listen to live feeds of a bunch of ESPN radio stations around the country. For most of the time this is a complete waste since you can easily download podcasts on ITunes and I can get a live feed by turning on my walkman just as easily. The one time it does have some value is when you are in a hotel in Korea at 2AM and can't sleep it is actually pretty pleasant to be able to listen to some NY Sportstalk

anyway the new and improved app (v 4.0) allows you to pause and rewind live programing, allows you to download stations for off-line listening and offers a new layout with the ability to custom create your own stations..

That's all fine and good except the fact that they tell me that it will cost another $4.99 for the new version which must be paid after a 14 day free-listening tour. So now it's going to cost me $9.98 for this app (and god knows how many more of these upgrades I'm on the hook for)..

so the obvious thing is maybe I just don't download the new version and stick with the current (very serviceable version) .. well ESPN in their ITunes note threatens you because they say that they will discontinue the old version in a few months. so in other words the $4.99 I spent for v3.0 recently just flew out of the window..

I don't recall having ever downloaded another app where after a few months they implode the thing and force you to buy a new one

M&M are just awful..

I used to listen to them a few weeks before the nlf draft.. but every year they covered less and less nfl material... and more and more NBA even during the week of the nfl draft..

Only time they are tollerable is on the way into work on a monday during the nfl season..

Almost all talk radio is the same.. create drama with opposing viewpoints.. When that story is used up.. come up with some list of top ten for listeners to call in and complain about and say why their fav player is ranked to low.. etc, etc, etc, repeat daily and rinse...

.. and an unbelievable story you will be talking about around the water cooler.. next.. and of course the teaser.. just Fn embarrising..

DVR your fav shows and FForward through the advertisements..

'Smack Tripper said:
How Skip Bayless or Cowherd or Steven A or any of these doucheknockers have careers, its completely beyond me
All they do is talk about LeBron and Tebow. Seriously.. even yesterday they were talking about Tebow for 10 minutes.

As I was listening to ESPN 1050 this morning (since the reception for ESPN 98.7 sounds like total crap) and during one of their terrible shows the host started talking about the great new ESPN Radio app which was just released. Now I'm one of the suckers who plunked down $4.99 for the original app a year ago which allows me to download podcasts and listen to live feeds of a bunch of ESPN radio stations around the country. For most of the time this is a complete waste since you can easily download podcasts on ITunes and I can get a live feed by turning on my walkman just as easily. The one time it does have some value is when you are in a hotel in Korea at 2AM and can't sleep it is actually pretty pleasant to be able to listen to some NY Sportstalkanyway the new and improved app (v 4.0) allows you to pause and rewind live programing, allows you to download stations for off-line listening and offers a new layout with the ability to custom create your own stations..That's all fine and good except the fact that they tell me that it will cost another $4.99 for the new version which must be paid after a 14 day free-listening tour. So now it's going to cost me $9.98 for this app (and god knows how many more of these upgrades I'm on the hook for).. so the obvious thing is maybe I just don't download the new version and stick with the current (very serviceable version) .. well ESPN in their ITunes note threatens you because they say that they will discontinue the old version in a few months. so in other words the $4.99 I spent for v3.0 recently just flew out of the window.. I don't recall having ever downloaded another app where after a few months they implode the thing and force you to buy a new one
mlb.comI mean, you know, maybe its me, but 5 bucks for a year is about 3 pennies for every 4 days, and SOMEONE has to pay the freight on the tech. This content can't grow on trees.

M&M are just awful.. I used to listen to them a few weeks before the nlf draft.. but every year they covered less and less nfl material... and more and more NBA even during the week of the nfl draft.. Only time they are tollerable is on the way into work on a monday during the nfl season.. Almost all talk radio is the same.. create drama with opposing viewpoints.. When that story is used up.. come up with some list of top ten for listeners to call in and complain about and say why their fav player is ranked to low.. etc, etc, etc, repeat daily and rinse... .. and an unbelievable story you will be talking about around the water cooler.. next.. and of course the teaser.. just Fn embarrising.. DVR your fav shows and FForward through the advertisements..
Mark Packer had an awesome format for years in Charlotte. He would rotate daily 2 or 3 guests host and talk whatever topics of the day. You would have a nascar dude, a nfl dude, college guy and so forth. For years it was the best thing I ever heard.

Closing in on one year without the 2 clowns. It's been glorious. (I'm assuming they are still on.)Czabe via iheartradio from some station out of Richmond. :thumbup:

Following Greeny on twitter is becoming very tiresome. He's got some book he's hawking and literally every time he mentions it, he also mentions that his proceeds are going to the V foundation. Great cause I'm sure but the back patting and bows he's taking for donations from proceeds he has yet to make is very lame:thumbdown: to the Green man

Following Greeny on twitter is becoming very tiresome. He's got some book he's hawking and literally every time he mentions it, he also mentions that his proceeds are going to the V foundation. Great cause I'm sure but the back patting and bows he's taking for donations from proceeds he has yet to make is very lame:thumbdown: to the Green man
You follow him on twitter. The hell?

You follow him on twitter. The hell?
:goodposting: I don't think he'd be in the top 70 million people I would consider following.

I probably said it two years ago in this thread, but I seriously do not understand how people listen to this crap.

I missed this thread when i posted this yesterday on another espn hating thread but here was my take....mike & mike in the morning is absolutely brutal. They constantly talk about how big of a wuss greenburg is and golic talks non stop about his playing days and which of his kids he is going to watch play whatever sport. Really golic, we don't give a rats a@@ what your kids are doing.

I missed this thread when i posted this yesterday on another espn hating thread but here was my take....mike & mike in the morning is absolutely brutal. They constantly talk about how big of a wuss greenburg is and golic talks non stop about his playing days and which of his kids he is going to watch play whatever sport. Really golic, we don't give a rats a@@ what your kids are doing.
then don't listen:shrug:

Listen to Mike and Mike everyday and love it--the only draw back is all of the commercials
I'm a Mr. Mom, so I tend to have them on the TV (better than GMA and you can only watch SC once) and I've always thought that the extra amount of commercials and the length of the breaks has to do with the radio stations that they are broadcasting on, more so than them.Morning radio shows need to have local news, weather, traffic, etc. and that takes time! :2cents:

Say what you will about Greeny being a whiney twerp but that show is completely unlistenable when Golic has to sit in that seat

Listening to him tryijg to drive the show is like watching amateur hour

I always flip around but been listening to them probably since day 1

meh, they are your normal mainstream PG radioshow.

They aren't breaking anything down they are just fluff entertainment.

Say what you will about Greeny being a whiney twerp but that show is completely unlistenable when Golic has to sit in that seatListening to him tryijg to drive the show is like watching amateur hour
Greeny knows how to run a show.When they 1st came on, I always knew they would be big. He is a likable mainstream figure who transcends to your non sports fan very easily.His teases are very well done. He speaks well. Knowledgeable in variety of aspects. Smart but yet easy to relate to and he plays the being picked on for being a wuss very well.

Golic just proves that you need absolutely zero talent or knowledge to be host on one of these shows.
kind of.I think if he was paired up with anyone else he would have been gone long time ago, but with greeny he has a great dynamic that relates to your general mainstream public in an Abbott and Costello sort of way

Say what you will about Greeny being a whiney twerp but that show is completely unlistenable when Golic has to sit in that seatListening to him tryijg to drive the show is like watching amateur hour
Greeny knows how to run a show.When they 1st came on, I always knew they would be big. He is a likable mainstream figure who transcends to your non sports fan very easily.His teases are very well done. He speaks well. Knowledgeable in variety of aspects. Smart but yet easy to relate to and he plays the being picked on for being a wuss very well.
Is this a serious post? Greenberg is a transcendent figure? :unsure:

Sure, Pretty good chance many of our SO have heard of him.can't say the same for other people in his field.

Sure, Pretty good chance many of our SO have heard of him.can't say the same for other people in his field.
No chance. If you don't watch SC or listen to his show, you'd have zero idea who Greenberg is.

No chance. If you don't watch SC or listen to his show, you'd have zero idea who Greenberg is.
gonna have to disagreehe has been on a soap, hosted a TV game show and written a book "why my wife thinks I'm an idiot", not to mention co-hosted with kelly on regis and kelly

I'll listen to them, but I have my choice between them, the local sports station (which constantly talks about the Heat or Marlins, two teams I care nothing about), and the local talk morning show, each of which have their merits and drawbacks.

I do like listening to Van Pelt, though. He's usually pretty good.

Golic just proves that you need absolutely zero talent or knowledge to be host on one of these shows.
I think he works as the oaf co-host character and offers some credibility when they are talking about the trenches etc.The problem with him is really when he gets more than a few minutes of continues air-time

gonna have to disagreehe has been on a soap, hosted a TV game show and written a book "why my wife thinks I'm an idiot", not to mention co-hosted with kelly on regis and kelly
Dude is utterly forgettable.

Dude is utterly forgettable.
that's sort of his charm actually..you can listen to that show like your wife may watch GMA or something.. It fills the noise void but not by much..and I'm not saying that as a bad thing

I tracked it in the car today....I listened for 46 minutes and commercials took up 28 minutes of the time. ESPN Radio is out of control.

I'll listen to them, but I have my choice between them, the local sports station (which constantly talks about the Heat or Marlins, two teams I care nothing about), and the local talk morning show, each of which have their merits and drawbacks.I do like listening to Van Pelt, though. He's usually pretty good.
SVP is the man

I haven't listened to them in a while but when I did they rarely, if ever, mentioned the NHL. It is like the game of hockey was never invented.

This is like people who complain about chain restaurants. The only thing worse that people who the Olive Garden is authentic Italian are people who think Olive Garfen is not edible.

Mike and Mike are mildly entertaining. Not great, many better options for real sports info, but not unlistenable IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is like people who complain about chain restaurants. The only thing worse that people who the Olive Garden is authentic Italian are people who think Olive Garfen is not edible. Mike and Mike are mildly entertaining. Not great, many better options for real sports info, but not unlistenable IMO.
When they do a stupid show on something like "who would you start a franchise with" "what NBA player would you want in a one game playoff" etc, they are totally unlistenable and totally lazy.

This is like people who complain about chain restaurants. The only thing worse that people who the Olive Garden is authentic Italian are people who think Olive Garfen is not edible. Mike and Mike are mildly entertaining. Not great, many better options for real sports info, but not unlistenable IMO.
When they do a stupid show on something like "who would you start a franchise with" "what NBA player would you want in a one game playoff" etc, they are totally unlistenable and totally lazy.
Yet these types of threads get lots of responses.ETA: thread like the topics you listed that M and M do on radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet these types of threads get lots of responses.
yeah because its ESPN radio, pretty much everyone in every market can listen to them if they wanted. Who doesnt flip through the channels on the morning drive? The only time I dont listen to some morning talk would be in the summer months before training camp and in the middle of baseball. There really is nothing to talk about then. But during the NFL season then sure they warrant a listen to hear them recap games and whatnot.

So the FAA hates Jim Rome, Cowherd, Mike & Mike and Dan Patrick (or at least I do). What does that leave us with?
Steve Czaban on Yahoo Sports Radio is the best morning sports show on and it's not really close.
Still the best thing going IMO.
Dino Costa (Maddog Radio) is an entertaining and informative #####. Big Fan :thumbup:
I do enjoy his work but isn't he on at night?

Users who are viewing this thread