What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Adams Cleveland Safety (1 Viewer)

I couldn't even find a thread on this guy... Any homers have thoughts on him?
He's a cover safety/cornerback. Last year he played both positions and DC Rob Ryan uses all sorts of funky lineups and combinations and play specialty guys like Adams.The thing working in Adams' favor is that he is the only true cover-safety on the Browns as both T.J. Ward and Abe Elam are not as slick, oh heck Abram is just bad in coverage but both are great up in the box. T.J. has more explosion and speed and its no shock that he lead the team in tackles since the linebackers lack speed. So you have two other safeties who aren't great in coverage and a quick and explosive safety who looks really good and who should improve so T.J. Ward is going to start and get reps. That leaves Elam and Adams with the other safety spot to fight over and Adams is quicker and much more solid in coverage and can make plays (INTs).Working against him is I still see Rob Ryan utilizing the strength of Abe Elam and that means Adams won't get lots of opportunities.Also a bit of caution should be used in looking at the first game. Josh Freeman made a terrible throw at least ten yards over the head of his intended receiver so it was basically a gimme for Adams INT. Mike is a good cover safety but he won't be used much up in the box with Elam and Ward and he'll be splitting time and he won't be facing Josh Freeman every week and more than likely the Browns will face teams who are much better than the Bucs and who will get leads and run more against their defense and that means Rob will go with safeties who can play up in the box, i.e., Ward and Elam over Mike Adams.Just my take but see if others see the same thing.

I couldn't even find a thread on this guy... Any homers have thoughts on him?
He's a cover safety/cornerback. Last year he played both positions and DC Rob Ryan uses all sorts of funky lineups and combinations and play specialty guys like Adams.The thing working in Adams' favor is that he is the only true cover-safety on the Browns as both T.J. Ward and Abe Elam are not as slick, oh heck Abram is just bad in coverage but both are great up in the box. T.J. has more explosion and speed and its no shock that he lead the team in tackles since the linebackers lack speed. So you have two other safeties who aren't great in coverage and a quick and explosive safety who looks really good and who should improve so T.J. Ward is going to start and get reps. That leaves Elam and Adams with the other safety spot to fight over and Adams is quicker and much more solid in coverage and can make plays (INTs).Working against him is I still see Rob Ryan utilizing the strength of Abe Elam and that means Adams won't get lots of opportunities.Also a bit of caution should be used in looking at the first game. Josh Freeman made a terrible throw at least ten yards over the head of his intended receiver so it was basically a gimme for Adams INT. Mike is a good cover safety but he won't be used much up in the box with Elam and Ward and he'll be splitting time and he won't be facing Josh Freeman every week and more than likely the Browns will face teams who are much better than the Bucs and who will get leads and run more against their defense and that means Rob will go with safeties who can play up in the box, i.e., Ward and Elam over Mike Adams.Just my take but see if others see the same thing.
:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread