What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Miami Players Are Revolting. (1 Viewer)

Guess I'm the one of the few here who likes Houston in this trade. Is it costly? Meh. What's the hit rate on 1st rounders again? I think yall are overvaluing these firsts.

Texans get a young stud LT to protect their young stud QB, add another WR. Texans are ####s deep at WR now. Imagine when they roll out a 4 wide set with Nuk, Fuller, Stills, Coutee, and Duke out of the backfield. They'll be passing more than anyone in the league this year.

The crazy thing is Laremy Tunsil, while a nice young player, is nowhere near an elite OT. Sure he's an upgrade, but he's just a league average starter so far. They are still paying for stupidly trading Duane Brown, with no backup plan.

Dolphins are gonna be really bad this year, they were going to anyway, but they could have some Browns-like potential in 2021 or so. 

It'll be especially interesting if Rosen looks good. I assume Fitz will get yanked soon enough, possibly next week against Baltimore.

And yet Miami is still a terrible football team. 
Ideally, Miami goes 1-15 this year, still managing to find a way to beat NE at home. Rosen looks like a franchise QB, and guys like Minkah, Wilkins, P.Williams look like long term stars. Then they have 8 picks in the 1st 2 rounds the next 2 drafts, to fill in the rest. Including the ability to add even more, if Rosen is good enough to not require a QB pick at #1. 

Ideally, Miami goes 1-15 this year, still managing to find a way to beat NE at home. Rosen looks like a franchise QB, and guys like Minkah, Wilkins, P.Williams look like long term stars. Then they have 8 picks in the 1st 2 rounds the next 2 drafts, to fill in the rest. Including the ability to add even more, if Rosen is good enough to not require a QB pick at #1. 
You’re assuming they know what to do with a draft pick. 

:bold: 

HOLY ####. HOUSTON GOT ROBBED.
Thinking more and more, the real question is, What the hell is Washington doing? Trent Williams is less likely to be their starting LT than I am this year. Houston was clearly looking to overpay for a LT, and you already have your QB(maybe Miami does too i guess) and are closer to contending than Miami. Instead they do what, fine Williams some more?

You’re assuming they know what to do with a draft pick. 

:bold: 
 I think they've nailed their last 2 1st rounders. Fitzpatrick and Wilkins. Maybe its the start of a trend in Miami?

I think they've nailed their last 2 1st rounders. Fitzpatrick and Wilkins. Maybe its the start of a trend in Miami?
 Jokes aside, I really hope so… Because I’m tired of watching them suck and being a fantasy wasteland. 

The last time I drafted a dolphin it was Ronnie Brown and for about eight magical weeks he was the steel of the draft. The birth of the wildcat and having a running back who threw touchdowns for me on a weekly basis…  I think he was like 80% of their offense that year. I was 8-0 when he blew his knee out. 

Miami has sucked ever since. 

Thinking more and more, the real question is, What the hell is Washington doing? Trent Williams is less likely to be their starting LT than I am this year. Houston was clearly looking to overpay for a LT, and you already have your QB(maybe Miami does too i guess) and are closer to contending than Miami. Instead they do what, fine Williams some more?
Every Washington fan is wondering the same damn thing. Trust me. 

Holy ####.  Houston got robbed.
Indeed they did. I am happy. I never thought we would get this kinda haul for Tunsil. He is a very good LT....but 2 first rounders and a 2nd? Stills is fodder and a distraction. Good riddance. 

Dolphins are in full rebuild mode and quite frankly.......they may win 1 game all season and that is being kind. We are going to be brutal bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Jokes aside, I really hope so… Because I’m tired of watching them suck and being a fantasy wasteland. 

The last time I drafted a dolphin it was Ronnie Brown and for about eight magical weeks he was the steel of the draft. The birth of the wildcat and having a running back who threw touchdowns for me on a weekly basis…  I think he was like 80% of their offense that year. I was 8-0 when he blew his knee out. 

Miami has sucked ever since. 
Dude Miami has sucked since 2000.

Utter frustration as a life long Fins fan. They have been brutal to watch for the last 19 years. and will be again this season. But at least they are cleaning house and have an ex patriot coach as our head coach to change the culture and hopefully build on the draft picks they have amassed. 

Utter frustration as a life long Fins fan. They have been brutal to watch for the last 19 years. and will be again this season. But at least they are cleaning house and have an ex patriot coach as our head coach to change the culture and hopefully build on the draft picks they have amassed. 
And Brady will retire soon.

Oh, I meant for fantasy purposes. Miami has indeed been terrible for 2 decades, but they weren’t a total FF wasteland. 

Oh, I meant for fantasy purposes. Miami has indeed been terrible for 2 decades, but they weren’t a total FF wasteland. 
Yeah very true very true.

This year.....fantasy wasteland to the extreme. Meantime Preston Williams owners are getting boners......they do not understand how bad this team is going to be and he is a freaking rookie who never played in the NFL and will have a QB (QB’s) who will be running for their lives every time they drop back to pass. Add to that they have Albert Wilson, Devante Parker (god help me is sucks too but he is ahead of Preston on the depth chart) Gesicki and Drake who will all be looking for targets. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Those could be good picks too. Texans are no lock to be good. The defense lost a bunch of starters, and the o-line still sucks even with Tunsil. Miami killed it here. 

ETA: random thought, if the Eagles don't trade up for Dillard, does any of this happen?
Sniping Goedert from the Pats and Cowboys last year and Dilliard from the Texans this year. Howie wins Super Bowls and creates havoc league wide 🤣

All of today's developments remind me that there are a lot of NFL teams that are poorly run. 

#### Brady.
I've thought about it, and if he really wanted to, I probably would. I mean it probably wouldn't come up, but if it did, like if he was really depressed and didn't want to play in the superbowl or something, and the only way he could do it is if i would, for example, wear my 2001 Brady Jersey and maybe bring my red white and blue pom poms, I'm just saying i have them. In case.  

I've thought about it, and if he really wanted to, I probably would. I mean it probably wouldn't come up, but if it did, like if he was really depressed and didn't want to play in the superbowl or something, and the only way he could do it is if i would, for example, wear my 2001 Brady Jersey and maybe bring my red white and blue pom poms, I'm just saying i have them. In case.  
Sounds like it might.

Guess I'm the one of the few here who likes Houston in this trade. Is it costly? Meh. What's the hit rate on 1st rounders again? I think yall are overvaluing these firsts.

Texans get a young stud LT to protect their young stud QB, add another WR. Texans are ####s deep at WR now. Imagine when they roll out a 4 wide set with Nuk, Fuller, Stills, Coutee, and Duke out of the backfield. They'll be passing more than anyone in the league this year.
This is a great point..,without Miller, maybe they just open up the O a little with an LT to shore up the line and another wideout to stretch the field....

I am completely with you on this. Let's look at this realistically:

If ever there is a franchise that should KNOW that you can't get a great, promising franchise QB and then allow him to get sacked into oblivion and ruin their career, it is the Texans.  They have been there and done that when they started up and they don't need that again.

Miami, on the flip side, to "win" this trade have 

A)Actually be able to do something with the draft picks.  Sure, the potential looks nice on paper but what if the picks aren't awesome? Now, when it comes to those picks, one of the things they will need is a great LT...so, they might theoretically spend one of those picks just gained to buy back what they just gave away. In the meantime, any hope they had for Rosen probably just got forfeited because now Rosen becomes the QB that gets sacked into oblivion and probably never pans out because he now has no protection and the Dolphins are going to be miserable and, let's face it, if they are THAT bad, they will draft a QB next year.

So, in a way they have already spent what they got back because of what they gave to get the forfeited QB and the LT they traded.  Just sayin', I don't think this is a clear-cut bounty for the fish. 

On the Texans side of things, they needed to protect Watson.  They also have the opportunity of the division with Luck retiring, etc.  Sure, it looks like they probably gave too much and a GM on the team may have helped, so its not a "great" deal for them but not terrible. 

All in all, this is a push. I don't see a "winner" so neither made a stride here outside of Houston made a necessary move for their franchise QB.  

I think a lot of the grading of this trade depends on what you think of Tunsil.  I'll admit, I'm pretty much trash when assessing the competence of offensive linemen, but reading others' assessments it looks like Tunsil is thought to be anywhere from average to stud.   I'm not sure what the truth is, but I'd think for this price paid, there should be no doubt. 

Tanking would be even better had they not spend a pick on Rosen. And Fitz is gonna win then a couple of games if they let him start. 

I think a lot of the grading of this trade depends on what you think of Tunsil.  I'll admit, I'm pretty much trash when assessing the competence of offensive linemen, but reading others' assessments it looks like Tunsil is thought to be anywhere from average to stud.   I'm not sure what the truth is, but I'd think for this price paid, there should be no doubt. 
Its interesting that Houston didn't already agree to an extension with Tunsil when they made this trade. Like Tunsil has about as much leverage as any player in recent history right now. He could easily ask for 17-18 million a year, and the Texans would almost have to give it to him. His agent should be all over this. Hell, shoot for 20+ million. Highest paid non-QB. 

Tanking would be even better had they not spend a pick on Rosen. And Fitz is gonna win then a couple of games if they let him start. 
No he’s not. Fitzpatrick can have moments of brilliance when he’s well protected and has great weapons to bail him out but when he’s going to be under constant pressure and an UDFA rookie WR may be his best weapon you can count of three interceptions a game.

I know these moments are not very often but its times like this that I truly think I could be a better NFL GM then whatever is going on in Houston.  Mother of God they look like the keystone cops right now.   If they are going to give 2 1rsts for Tunsil why not just give 1 to washington for Brown?  Which is reportedly all it would take.

No he’s not. Fitzpatrick can have moments of brilliance when he’s well protected and has great weapons to bail him out but when he’s going to be under constant pressure and an UDFA rookie WR may be his best weapon you can count of three interceptions a game.
I second this, with hesitation. When Fitz gambles and it pays off, he's effective like with the Jets most of that year and with Tampa to start last year.

Don't forget, three wins and Miami might not be #1 in the draft, and Fitz and inertia might push them there.

I second this, with hesitation. When Fitz gambles and it pays off, he's effective like with the Jets most of that year and with Tampa to start last year.

Don't forget, three wins and Miami might not be #1 in the draft, and Fitz and inertia might push them there.
I know it’s very unlikely but I think 0-16 is very realistic for Miami. They have no o-line at all now, they’re WRs are way below average, mediocre RBs, no real talent on defense.

Fitzpatrick can not make this work, and I can almost guarantee he’s benched by Week 4 the latest with at least six interceptions in his first 3 games.

I know it’s very unlikely but I think 0-16 is very realistic for Miami. They have no o-line at all now, they’re WRs are way below average, mediocre RBs, no real talent on defense.

Fitzpatrick can not make this work, and I can almost guarantee he’s benched by Week 4 the latest with at least six interceptions in his first 3 games.
Fair enough. That's more than within the realm of possibility, if not probability. Miami is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread