What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Miami has a QB (1 Viewer)

Backup IMO. Moore is not exciting however he is not that bad. That is an insult to Moore that I even explained that. Sorry Moore.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only good thing Garrard has going for him is he is used to having zero talent at wr to throw to. In 2010 Garrard thru 23td in 14 games...........thats like 40 or more for Brees/Brady or Peyton on the sliding scale of talent for offenses

No doubt FBG will rank Gerrard in their top 10 this year. Dodds and Chase Stuart are the two biggest Gerrard fans on the planet.

It's unbelievable that Garrard is still employable but I guess it really speaks the extreme rarity of decent NFL QBs. Garrard is only 34 but plays like 54 in NFL years. If you were wondering how Peyton's neck would hold up, just wait until Garrard takes one hit and lands on that surgically repaired paper mache back of his. This won't end well if he ends up as the starter. It will be Kerry Collins bad. It's amazing how quickly Miami has turned into the worse franchise in the NFL. Nobody wants to play for them and adding Garrard isn't going to change that. It's like Jeff Ireland is the new Matt Millen.

i wonder what would happen if they used a crazy all gaget play offense with him there and every play was an amazing trickery fiesta where they even dressed up in old timey uniforms with all leather boots and occassionally took one off to use it as a fake out football so that the guy with the fake out football got tackled and the guy who really had the ball ran for a 98 yard touchdown taking it tehe house and destroying the league record for longest run on a play involving an old timey boot used as a fakeout football take it the bank brohans

i wonder what would happen if they used a crazy all gaget play offense with him there and every play was an amazing trickery fiesta where they even dressed up in old timey uniforms with all leather boots and occassionally took one off to use it as a fake out football so that the guy with the fake out football got tackled and the guy who really had the ball ran for a 98 yard touchdown taking it tehe house and destroying the league record for longest run on a play involving an old timey boot used as a fakeout football take it the bank brohans
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think this is a hedge on tannehill dropping to 8. No way they pay him and Moore to be on the roster if they add a rookie.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

:lmao:

Why so much Garrard hate. The guy was a serviceable QB in fantasy and real life. He'll probably backup since Moore probably gets the call if it's close which it likely will be. I personally think Garrard is more capable of winning you a game if he needs to.

Ah, the old timey fake out. Those were the days.

I think this is a hedge on tannehill dropping to 8. No way they pay him and Moore to be on the roster if they add a rookie.
If they want Tannehill that badly they'll get him and I don't think it'd be crazy to roster all 3. Tannehill would be a gameday inactive, Moore starts, Garrard backs up. I just hope they're not bringing Garrard in to start over Moore.

I've been thinking about this and I think it would've been smarter to throw a 5th round pick for Tebow.The 'Phins have missed out on every conventional passer this off-season. Clearly, they are desperate. They signed David Garrard. I'm not sure what it accomplishes or how it's any better than having Matt Moore.Begging for mediocre QBs is not a good place for a franchise to be. Why not say, "screw it, let's make a low-risk gamble on Tebow"? If he stinks up the joint, you are in great shape to draft a true potential franchise QB instead of chasing mediocre free-agents every year.If you are going to be bad this year anyway, why not at least be interesting (and sell a few more season tix and jerseys)?Why not take the 0.5% chance Tebow's actually good? I say, grab Tebow, truly bottom out (again) and have fun mattering for a season.

Apparently MIA thought the QB grass was greener in JAX and JAX thought the QB grass was greener in MIA...

All this fuss over a backup QB? This guy is going to play the same role on the team that JP Losman was in last year. Not a big deal.

It looks like the Garrard contract isn't guaranteed. Depending on whether Miami gets a rookie they really like, I could see Garrard being jettisoned in camp. Most likely he sticks as the QB2 behind Moore.

No doubt FBG will rank Gerrard in their top 10 this year. Dodds and Chase Stuart are the two biggest Gerrard fans on the planet.
Garrard
Gerrard
No, it's Garrard. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1483/david-garrard
Resisting Grammer Nazi doesn't always mean correct. :rolleyes:
Yep, I guess Hicks instad of Nicks is ok too.
That's... different... :unsure:

I've been thinking about this and I think it would've been smarter to throw a 5th round pick for Tebow.The 'Phins have missed out on every conventional passer this off-season. Clearly, they are desperate. They signed David Garrard. I'm not sure what it accomplishes or how it's any better than having Matt Moore.Begging for mediocre QBs is not a good place for a franchise to be. Why not say, "screw it, let's make a low-risk gamble on Tebow"? If he stinks up the joint, you are in great shape to draft a true potential franchise QB instead of chasing mediocre free-agents every year.If you are going to be bad this year anyway, why not at least be interesting (and sell a few more season tix and jerseys)?Why not take the 0.5% chance Tebow's actually good? I say, grab Tebow, truly bottom out (again) and have fun mattering for a season.
Rather not have all my friends, family and co-workers point and snicker at me laughing to the fact the Tebow is now on the Dophins.Hard enough rooting for this team - the Tebow circus would be hell

Rather not have all my friends, family and co-workers point and snicker at me laughing to the fact the Tebow is now on the Dophins.Hard enough rooting for this team - the Tebow circus would be hell
I can't argue with that.

No hard feelings, but if you were rooting for the Dolphins last year, they were already snickering. Tebow has nothing to do with it. HTH.

No hard feelings, but if you were rooting for the Dolphins last year, they were already snickering. Tebow has nothing to do with it. HTH.
Maybe you guys should go after Tebow. Can't be worse than what you trotted out there last year after Cutler went down.

Users who are viewing this thread