What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Miami at Baltimore (1 Viewer)

May the good lord have mercy on my soul for even saying this...

The dolphins offense is amazingly terribly, and it's actually NOT jay culter's fault.

Now I need to go shower....

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not the official NFL rule. That's just a cliff's notes version.

Here is the official NFL rulebook. Fair Catch section is on page 34 (I said it was paragraph m earlier, but it's actually paragraph l).
Huh. Weird it would be so different but you're right. From your link...

(a) If a player of the receiving team makes a valid fair-catch signal, and the ball is not touched by a player of the kicking team, 
the following apply:
(1) If he catches the ball, it is dead immediately, and it is a fair catch. If he muffs the ball, but catches it before it touches 
the ground, it is also a fair catch. After a fair catch, the ball is next put in play by the receiving team at the dead-ball 
spot (or at the succeeding spot after enforcement of any applicable penalties). See Article 4.
(2) If he recovers the ball after it strikes the ground, it is dead immediately, but it is not a fair catch.

The problem with this kind of play is it's not like this was a receiver going up for a pass that he knew all along was "defenseless".  Up until 0.1 seconds before the contact Flacco was a legit ball-carrier trying to pick up a first down.  He became "defenseless" at such a tiny fraction of a second before contact that you can't possibly expect someone running full speed and in the middle of a tackle to process that.
Unless he intended to hit him in the shin, he was reacting to Flacco going to the ground. It's his responsibility not to hit him in the head or neck. That it's, doesn't matter if he was trying to or not.

I just don't understand why Miami insists on making Williams a 3rd down back. He blew a couple routes, fell on a wide open would be TD pass, and has got Moore killed with terrible pass protection.

I just don't understand why Miami insists on making Williams a 3rd down back. He blew a couple routes, fell on a wide open would be TD pass, and has got Moore killed with terrible pass protection.
I think Williams is having an uncharacteristically bad game. He is usually better in protection than this I think.

He has been terrible this game though. 

Do the dolphins have a really bad run D or is Seattle just bad at spotting talent at the running back position (Christine Michael joke, anyone?)

Do the dolphins have a really bad run D or is Seattle just bad at spotting talent at the running back position (Christine Michael joke, anyone?)
The Dolphins run defense has been very good up until this game.

Seattle does not seem to know when they have a good RB. They cut Spencer Ware as well, who turned out to be pretty good.

Collins looks better than Ware to me.

Collins does look great. You can almost see the defense breathe a sigh of relief when Allen comes in and Collins goes off. Then the drive generally stalls and the punt team or field goal unit comes out. I dropped Collins weeks ago, but it would be nice to see them let the guy get 85 percent of the touches and see what happens.

Chain gang wasn't convinced the Dolphins actually moved the ball. Stand by what you know, don't second guess your heart. 

Users who are viewing this thread