What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL Question regarding custom players (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
We use custom players for devy / underclassman, but as they become rookies we add them and remove the custom player. I can set to hide, but the delete column doesn't have a box. Why? I like to delete the custom players as they become rookies and are in the database as such. I used to be able to delete the custom player instead of just hiding them.

Opened a ticket with MFL and here was their response:

If the player is on a roster at any point in the season then they cannot be removed. So if you copied them to the 2023 roster and dropped them then they have a transaction within this season and cannot be deleted, but instead only hidden.

You can then use the League > Setup > Players And Rosters > Edit Custom Players to hide the player this season and then delete them next.

Opened a ticket with MFL and here was their response:

If the player is on a roster at any point in the season then they cannot be removed. So if you copied them to the 2023 roster and dropped them then they have a transaction within this season and cannot be deleted, but instead only hidden.

You can then use the League > Setup > Players And Rosters > Edit Custom Players to hide the player this season and then delete them next.
I just went through this and did almost the same thing. But when I changed custom players to the actual MLF players I used "Load/Unload Rosters" and was then able to delete the custom players. I guess Load/Unload allows you to make roster changes without generating a transaction so you can still delete.

I was able to delete custom players I dropped yesterday. They were on waivers for 24 hours and the reason only hide showed up yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread