What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL question (out player) (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
Have a question for those of you on the MFL format.  My opponent currently has a “doubtful” player in his starting lineup, and that player goes Thursday - Jets DB Jamal Adams.  We start 2 DBs, and he only has one other one rostered.  We don’t run waivers again till Saturday, and trade deadline long past.  

So question(s).  If Adams is in his lineup tomorrow at kickoff, is he “stuck” with that selection?  Or would he be able to get another DB on Saturday and then swap Adams out (whose game has already happened, even if he was out)?  And then follow up question - would MFL even allow him to remove Adam from one of his two starting DB spots now if he doesn’t have another DB to replace him with?

I doubt MFL would allow a player drop after their game if it was on Thursday.
Not asking if he can drop him.  Could he pick up another DB on Saturday and swap him in for Adams, whose game had already been played.  Or could he bench Adams now, and leave an empty starting spot?

Not asking if he can drop him.  Could he pick up another DB on Saturday and swap him in for Adams, whose game had already been played.  Or could he bench Adams now, and leave an empty starting spot?
Sorry, above my pay grade & not enough insight to give absolute correct answer.  Your last sentence I think he could if they allow incomplete lineups.  

Sorry, above my pay grade & not enough insight to give absolute correct answer.  Your last sentence I think he could if they allow incomplete lineups.  
...which at least their iOS app doesn’t allow.  

In the end, given our rules with no waivers till Saturday, is my opponent stuck with a not likely to play DB?

MFL has a setting for partial lineups. If that is set to YES, then he can de-select Adams and put someone else in later in the week.

Go to Reports-->Rules---->League Settings, then scroll down to Starting Lineup Setup.

MFL has a setting for partial lineups. If that is set to YES, then he can de-select Adams and put someone else in later in the week.

Go to Reports-->Rules---->League Settings, then scroll down to Starting Lineup Setup.
It’s “no”. Which means he can’t sub out Adams as he has no one else to put in his place.  And once Adams game starts, even if he doesn’t play, he’s locked into the spot.  Looks like he’s playing a man down.

No.  Even with partial lineups, once a player has played his status is locked.  He can’t be removed from the lineup any more than he could be plugged in after his game ended.
this.

Once the game starts he is stuck with whomever he has in... out, active, or other

can you normally change out a thursday night player after his game is over? same rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a possible, and likely only, work around.  The other owner needs to drop Adams before tonight's game.  If he does that, he can pick up another DB during Saturday's waiver and start him.  Shouldn't be anything that prevents him from doing that, right?

Found a possible, and likely only, work around.  The other owner needs to drop Adams before tonight's game.  If he does that, he can pick up another DB during Saturday's waiver and start him.  Shouldn't be anything that prevents him from doing that, right?
As long as he's not required to submit a complete lineup before tonight's kickoff, I think he'd be OK doing that. That's likely the only way to keep Adams from being locked into his lineup, unless your league settings would let him submit a lineup with only 1 DB selected.

As long as he's not required to submit a complete lineup before tonight's kickoff, I think he'd be OK doing that. That's likely the only way to keep Adams from being locked into his lineup, unless your league settings would let him submit a lineup with only 1 DB selected.
Which it won't.  So he can have a full lineup, if he wants, but he'd have to drop the top DB in the game to do it.  Crazy. 

I guess it's a risk you take by rostering only the minimum number of players at a position.  Thursday games can cause weird dilemmas like this.

This one does depend on settings.  

The usual configuration these days allows managers to rearrange their lineups until a player’s game starts.  So he could drop Adams, or better yet, just bench Adams, and still fill the slot later if he can add a player.  (On MFL this requires that the option to “allow partial lineups” be turned on, as mentioned above.  Otherwise it won’t accept a lineup submission with too few DBs.)  Under this setting, players only lock into their lineup spots when their games kick off...if we reach the last game and no player has been started in that slot, it just stays empty.  But he has till Monday night to plug so eone in,

If partial lineups are not allowed, then even dropping Adams won’t work, since he won’t be able to pick up a replacement.  In that case, submitting a valid lineup would be impossible.

Yeah, TNF causes some stupid issues. The MFL platform is like a carnival fun house when it comes to settings, which makes everything clear as mud. 

Worst case scenario is the owner gets punished for a very poor decision given Adams status. It's not like this injury came out of nowhere mid-week. :shrug:

If partial lineups are not allowed, then even dropping Adams won’t work, since he won’t be able to pick up a replacement.  In that case, submitting a valid lineup would be impossible.
Yes, he can.  We have another waiver run on Saturday.  He dropped Adams about an hour ago.  No way I get him in waivers as someone before me will claim him.  My opponent will get another DB saturday and put him in his lineup for Sunday. 

Yes, he can.  We have another waiver run on Saturday.  He dropped Adams about an hour ago.  No way I get him in waivers as someone before me will claim him.  My opponent will get another DB saturday and put him in his lineup for Sunday. 
If partial lineups are not allowed I don't see how he can field a legal lineup tonight without Adams there to occupy the mandatory DB spot?

If partial lineups are not allowed I don't see how he can field a legal lineup tonight without Adams there to occupy the mandatory DB spot?

If he already had his other TNF players in the old lineup, or doesn't have any others at all, then he doesn't need to submit another lineup before the game.

Not sure if it has been answered, but standard settings would not allow a player in the lineup to be swapped out after game starts.

Users who are viewing this thread