What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL and Best Ball (1 Viewer)

Sweet Love

IBL Representative
I started a five team league with my kids and joined the free MFL (at least I think I did) group and am trying to set it up for best ball, so I don't have a ton of maintenance. I put in the number of starters as 9 and when I go to the starting lineups, it defaults with which I guess are the best 9 players at the position...I guess I could bring it to 22 (total number of slots we have), but then I am guessing it will score all. Basically, I want it to score 1 QB (for example) and choose the best QB score for that particular team, that particular week. Anyone know how to do this?

Many thanks...SL

Commissioner setup -> Starting lineup setup

Instead of submitting starting lineups, starting lineups are automatically determined by the system based on the best-scoring players on a franchise roster? No

Yes

:shrug:

Instead of submitting starting lineups, starting lineups are automatically determined by the system based on the best-scoring players on a franchise roster? No

Yes

Thanks for the reply, belljr. I don't have that option. On the bottom, I have a question about IDPs, Copy previous weeks starters, eliminate franchise with lowest score and hide starting lineups from owners.Did I maybe set up the wrong kind of league?

Yes

Thanks for the reply, belljr. I don't have that option. On the bottom, I have a question about IDPs, Copy previous weeks starters, eliminate franchise with lowest score and hide starting lineups from owners.Did I maybe set up the wrong kind of league?
Yes, I think you set up the wrong type of the league. That "Eliminate franchise with lowest score" isn't normally in there, it sounds like it's in place of the best ball option.Let me poke around.

Yes

Yes, I think you set up the wrong type of the league. That "Eliminate franchise with lowest score" isn't normally in there, it sounds like it's in place of the best ball option.Let me poke around.
Thanks...I don't want to pay for a $75+ hosting service for me and my kids, but they were so fired up for the draft, I don't want to let them down...Best pick of the night: My 4 year old drafts "Andrew" Johnson and grabs his crotch and belts "oh yeah, uh huh"...

Well, I'm baffled. I can't find any kind of option like that at all. Nor anything that I think would make that show up.

You should be seeing the following things in Setup -> Starting Lineup setup

Other Starting Lineup Parameters

Optionally, You May Enter A Total Number of Starting Individual Defensive Players: _______Hint: Only leagues that allow both a "flex" individual offensive player lineup and a "flex" individual defensive player lineup, but with a specific number of IDP's, need to use this field to designate the total number of IDP's that each owner must submit each week. If using this field, you must still fill in the above three fields to indicate how many players at each individual defensive player position need to be started.

Copy Previous Week's Starters For Franchises Without Lineups:

* As Soon As The Previous Week's Final Results Are Available

* As Soon As Preliminary (Thursday, Saturday and Sunday) Results Are Available

* As Soon As Final (Monday) Results Are Available

Instead of submitting starting lineups, starting lineups are automatically determined by the system based on the best-scoring players on a franchise roster? No Yes

Hide starting lineups from all owners until: Never hide starters.

Kickoff of the first game of the week.

Kickoff of the first Sunday game of the week.

Kickoff of the last game of the week.

Kickoff of each individual player's game.

Should owners be allowed to submit players on bye as starters? No Yes

In addition to the listed starters above, allow owners to submit: ______ "backup" players.

Hint: Our Help Center has more details on backup players.

Ok, figured it out.

MFL has "normal" leagues, the ones that you have to pay for. They also will let you set up a league and do quite a bit in it without ever paying for it.

But they also have a different class of Draft-only leagues, their "free leagues" which it looks like is what you made. I just made one and it shows the eliminate option you mentioned.

Here's their details on how the Draft Only league works: http://www.myfantasyleague.com/fantasy-football-get-started/free-draft-only-leagues.php

Free Draft Only Leagues

MyFantasyLeague.com is happy to offer free draft-only leagues.

Some people call them draftmaster leagues. Others call them draft and hold leagues. You might even call them best ball leagues. Whatever you call them, we know you'll enjoy them for free here on MyFantasyLeague.com.

In a nutshell, "draft-only leagues" are like a regular MyFantasyLeague.com league except:

You don't submit starting lineups - instead, the system automatically chooses your best starters for you each week of the season.

You don't trade or do waiver moves - instead, the team you draft is the team you have all season long.

You don't have head-to-head matchups or playoffs - instead, it's a total points only league.

So, think of these leagues as "mock draft plus" leagues - basically, you do a draft, but also, at the end of the season, you can see how the team you drafted actually fared throughout the year.

New For 2012! - As a new option for 2012, we've added an option to automatically eliminate the lowest scoring team each week of the season. Some folks call these kinds of leagues "survivor leagues".
So it looks like it is automatically going to do Best Ball for you from the bolded above. And it will be a total points league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, figured it out.

MFL has "normal" leagues, the ones that you have to pay for. They also will let you set up a league and do quite a bit in it without ever paying for it.

But they also have a different class of Draft-only leagues, their "free leagues" which it looks like is what you made. I just made one and it shows the eliminate option you mentioned.

Here's their details on how the Draft Only league works: http://www.myfantasyleague.com/fantasy-football-get-started/free-draft-only-leagues.php

Free Draft Only Leagues

Some people call them draftmaster leagues. Others call them draft and hold leagues. You might even call them best ball leagues. Whatever you call them, we know you'll enjoy them for free here on MyFantasyLeague.com.

In a nutshell, "draft-only leagues" are like a regular MyFantasyLeague.com league except:

You don't submit starting lineups - instead, the system automatically chooses your best starters for you each week of the season.

You don't trade or do waiver moves - instead, the team you draft is the team you have all season long.

You don't have head-to-head matchups or playoffs - instead, it's a total points only league.

So, think of these leagues as "mock draft plus" leagues - basically, you do a draft, but also, at the end of the season, you can see how the team you drafted actually fared throughout the year.

New For 2012! - As a new option for 2012, we've added an option to automatically eliminate the lowest scoring team each week of the season. Some folks call these kinds of leagues "survivor leagues".
So it looks like it is automatically going to do Best Ball for you from the bolded above. And it will be a total points league.
Greg,You rock! If you ever come through Raleigh and want "proper" BBQ, let me know...also, if you ever want to do a family draft and watch kids "highlight" each other with markers or threaten each other if they snipe their pick, you are more than welcome.

Ok, figured it out.

Free Draft Only Leagues

Greg,You rock! If you ever come through Raleigh and want "proper" BBQ, let me know...also, if you ever want to do a family draft and watch kids "highlight" each other with markers or threaten each other if they snipe their pick, you are more than welcome.
Glad I could help, and I'll definitely keep the BBQ offer in mind! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread