What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Megatron injury (1 Viewer)

Skeletore Eh

Footballguy
Coach Jim Schwartz revealed in his Monday press conference that Calvin Johnson sat out the Lions' final possession of Week 10 with an injury.

"I don't know," said Schwartz about Johnson's Week 11 availability. "To tell you the truth, I haven't talked to him about how he's feeling. But I would hope so." Schwartz is secretive about injuries, so he wouldn't have clarified Megatron's status regardless. The injury happened on a big fourth-quarter shot from Lance Briggs. We'll have another update by Wednesday.

Per Dave Birkett on twitter

it was in the end zone, i think on a stafford pick. briggs pushed him and Calvin hit his head. He was walking around on the sideline, he looked OK. Im willing to bet he plays never know though. If he misses week 11, you gotta wonder about week 12, with it only being 4 days later..

FWIW rotoworld is writing a retraction to their earlier story. Turns out the quotes were from Matthew Stafford not schwartz. Kind of answers the 'why hasn't the coach spoke to megatron?' question.

Bunch of clowns over at rotoworld.

I just didn't understand Schwartz leaving Stafford (w/ his bum finger) & Megatron in so late in a blow-out. I needed more pts from Megatron, but not at the expense of losing him to injury, especially trying to haul in errant passes from Stafford.

Would it not be prudent for the HC to check with his best player in this case?
:lol:Like we're supposed to buy that load of BS
Seriously....That screams of "he's hurt, we know he's hurt, we need him badly, and by avoiding the question Im hoping he'll magically heal"
OR he is being secretive because it leaves defensive coordinators to consider gameplanning with and without him in the lineup. Any time spent on additional gameplanning is time that could normally be spent honing a single plan for CJ. I am betting he has a pretty good read on the injury, but is electing not to say anything so Carolina can waste some time on it.

FWIW rotoworld is writing a retraction to their earlier story. Turns out the quotes were from Matthew Stafford not schwartz. Kind of answers the 'why hasn't the coach spoke to megatron?' question. Bunch of clowns over at rotoworld.
So, we basically only know about a potential injury through a misquote that happened to be from Stafford, who doesn't know anything in the first place :lmao: I wouldn't buy too much into this. Megatron was walking around the sidelines after the hit. No doubt he was shaken up, but I'm not shocked he didn't go back in after that blowout. Lions need to win bad at this point, so I couldn't imagine they keep him out unless there's a bad injury.

I just didn't understand Schwartz leaving Stafford (w/ his bum finger) & Megatron in so late in a blow-out. I needed more pts from Megatron, but not at the expense of losing him to injury, especially trying to haul in errant passes from Stafford.
I felt the same way about the Bears with Cutler and Forte. Things were really chippy and the game was in control so they should have been nowhere near the field. Johnson took a pounding that game. With all the cheap shots that were being taken by the Lions I was not too upset seeing Briggs light up Calvin. I don't think it was intentional because he led with his shoulder but he came up during the hit towards the neck. The Lions need to understand that they reap what they sow. They have been labeled cheap shot artists because of how they play. Weaker teams might get intimidated but good teams won't back down. The problem with playing this way is that the refs are going to be watching them closely and they won't get the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
This. :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: In a game that is WAY over and is getting stupid chippy, why are Cutler, Forte, Megatron, and Stafford playing? Just to prove they are macho and won't back down? Stupid decisions by both coaches to leave the key players in. If you're Detroit, survive to live another day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure I remember them saying during the game that he was out with a head injury of some type. He did look fine on the sideline but it could be a concussion.

This. :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: In a game that is WAY over and is getting stupid chippy, why are Cutler, Forte, Megatron, and Stafford playing? Just to prove they are macho and won't back down? Stupid decisions by both coaches to leave the key players in. If you're Detroit, survive to live another day.
I get pulling Forte and Cutler, and I don't argue that the same logic can be applied by the team on the ugly side of a blowout.But has any team pulled starters when they were the ones getting their rears stomped? Maybe it's happened, but I've certainly never seen it. The pride factor seems to be too high.

I get pulling Forte and Cutler, and I don't argue that the same logic can be applied by the team on the ugly side of a blowout.But has any team pulled starters when they were the ones getting their rears stomped? Maybe it's happened, but I've certainly never seen it. The pride factor seems to be too high.
Pretty sure I've seen this happen before, but have no specifics to point to. For individual players, Vikes pulled AD last night in the 4th.

Would it not be prudent for the HC to check with his best player in this case?
:lol:Like we're supposed to buy that load of BS
Seriously....That screams of "he's hurt, we know he's hurt, we need him badly, and by avoiding the question Im hoping he'll magically heal"
Matchup against Calvin this week?
Calvin looked extremely woozy on the sidelines after that hit. You'd have to think he'll miss a couple weeks.
Your schtick is lame.Calvin got his bell rung in a blow out. If he has a concussion we'll know about it in a couple days. Everyone relax.

Happens all the time starters getting pulled when their team is getting pounded. Heck bellicheck pulled Brady when they were down 17 with like 6 mins left at new Orleans 2 years ago

Calvin Johnson has passed concussion tests and said he will play in Sunday's game against the Panthers.Johnson took two really big hits in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's loss to the Bears, raising some concern over his availability. But Megatron said he just got his bell rung and will be fine. Despite a tough matchup with Panthers corner Chris Gamble, Johnson will be an obvious WR1 this week.

Users who are viewing this thread