What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McFadden's debut (1 Viewer)

Resident A

Footballguy
I see predictions this week for McFadden are all across the board. Some sources predicting to blow up, and other predicting him to only have 8-10 carries.

I had thought the Raiders would bring him along slow, but now there are suspicions that he'll be involved in GL packages and numerous other formations just for him. I was predicting a tame 15 carries for 65 yards or so, but now I don't know.

What do you guys predict for him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Against that run D I think he'll have a very nice game. Should get some catches as well. He's far and away the Raiders' most dynamic player on offense and I think they'll get him plenty of work in a variety of situations this week and all throughout the season. He should have 20 touches this week and have at least 100 yards combined minimum.

A mortal debut.

Fargas gets the bulk monday night.

McFadden has one really nice run, but maybe he hits 6 for 30.

With at least one badly dropped pass to go with a couple nominal receptions.

And the Pro's will be ready to pounce on the heartbroken suckers who will deal him off too cheaply. :popcorn:

i dont think they will be able to keep this guy off the field. In fact, i think starting Fargas is just one of those things where the Raiders dont want to hand McFadden the world on a platter. Try to make him work for it/want it badly enough. Of course, i could be wrong...its happened before.

I bet MCFadden gets about 65% of the total RB touches. 75% wouldn't surprise me. Bottom line: he is a special talent. Fargas and Bush are not.

If McFadden goes off, dont read too much into it - Denver's D Line has been weak for a long time now, and it's not getting any better.

I predict that the Broncos will be slaughtered in the parking lot while getting off the bus by crazed fans. So McFadden will have a down week because the other team obviously forfeits. I also predict that the rest of the sports media will sigh and say…”what do you expect…they are in Oakland.”

In the real world I predict that the carries are evenly spread for Fargas, Bush, and McFadden. So an average to low fantasy output is what I'm expecting.

Whether he ultimately succeeds or not, I think he'll be given plenty of opportunities to prove himself this season. I look for him to get a healthy amount of touches. Maybe 13-15 carries with a catch or two. He'll probably flash some speed and break one or two decent runs, but I don't expect him to explode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread