What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

matt moore (1 Viewer)

I don't think there's any chance that Arizona goes into next season with someone like Matt Moore atop their depth chart. They need to do something radical at the QB position, and Matt Moore is not it. The only scenario I see this working out is the Cardinals taking a QB at the top of the draft, and Moore, or someone like him, gets brought in for the standard "seat warmer" role.

REGARDS,

THE FANTASY KING

You just never know. I could see Moore starting in AZ or KC. He's certainly better than anything those teams have.

I hope this thread is a joke, you can't be serious saying this guy is starting caliber. If that were the case he already would be. And if he does end up in AZ or KC you can expect duplicate seasons from either of them next year.

And aside from flacco, who else is out there in free agency? And as you mentioned saber the options are not that appealing in the draft.

I would like to see the Vikings bring him in to push Ponder for the job. Not saying he's a very good QB but with that D and AP a serviceable QB gets them into the playoffs this year.

I would like to see the Vikings bring him in to push Ponder for the job. Not saying he's a very good QB but with that D and AP a serviceable QB gets them into the playoffs this year.
...and I feel the same way about my Jets. No one thinks Matt Moore is the solution, but there have been a handful of journeymen to make it to the promised land...worse case, he could be keeping a lot of teams in the running, especially if they are built on the defensive side of the ball.

I hope this thread is a joke, you can't be serious saying this guy is starting caliber. If that were the case he already would be. And if he does end up in AZ or KC you can expect duplicate seasons from either of them next year.
So there has never been a journeyman qb that had had success in the NFL? Bad logic there.

He's a ufa that could end up starting in Arizona and put up some nice numbers with that wr corps.
I like Matt Moore but I don't see any team going after him to be their starting QB. I also don't see all that much upside from a fantasy perspective even is some team did.

He's a ufa that could end up starting in Arizona and put up some nice numbers with that wr corps.
I like Matt Moore but I don't see any team going after him to be their starting QB. I also don't see all that much upside from a fantasy perspective even is some team did.
Teams looking for a starter at QB next year?KC - obviousAZ - obviousNYJ - obviousJAX - likelyMN - maybe; Ponder regressed second half of the yearPHI - maybe; Foles has had one good game and it featured 50 attempts from him to manage.TN - maybe to unlikely; lack of better options likely means Locker remains the starter another yearBUF - unlikely; Fitzpatrick is inconsistent and the pressure is mounting on the front office to deliver a playoff team but there aren't many better options.

Teams looking for a starter at QB next year?KC - obviousAZ - obviousNYJ - obviousJAX - likelyMN - maybe; Ponder regressed second half of the yearPHI - maybe; Foles has had one good game and it featured 50 attempts from him to manage.TN - maybe to unlikely; lack of better options likely means Locker remains the starter another yearBUF - unlikely; Fitzpatrick is inconsistent and the pressure is mounting on the front office to deliver a playoff team but there aren't many better options.
I don't see any of those teams going after a stop gap like Moore and to be honest is he really that much of a better option than Cassell, Kolb, Henne or Sanchez?

I don't see any of those teams going after a stop gap like Moore and to be honest is he really that much of a better option than Cassell, Kolb, Henne or Sanchez?
I could see Moore being brought in to compete against one the underachieving starters. A team would have to be pretty desperate to turn to him as a de facto starter. In his favor, he hasn't #### the bed with his starting gig like Cassee, Kolb, or Sanchez. If this free agency and incoming draft class of QBs underwhelm then some teams may be forced to consider a player like Moore. Of those you mentioned, only Sanchez doesn't have the complete perception of failure like the others.

I think the Jets is a good call. Sparano was the HC in Miami in '11, when Matt Moore wound up being the team's MVP. He knows what he brings to the table. If he feels it is an upgrade from Sanchez (and if he keeps his job), he could lobby for it, and possibly sell the on it.

Matt Moore from weeks 4-17 was ranked no worse than qb 15 in in cumulative point rankings once he became the starter. Weeks 10-17 he was 8 and was usually in the 10-12 range.

I think the Jets is a good call. Sparano was the HC in Miami in '11, when Matt Moore wound up being the team's MVP. He knows what he brings to the table. If he feels it is an upgrade from Sanchez (and if he keeps his job), he could lobby for it, and possibly sell the on it.
Keeping his job is a big if and if he ends up starting for nyj with sparono as the oc, forget I even posted this.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Frank Costanza said:
'Our Gang said:
Matt Moore from weeks 4-17 was ranked no worse than qb 15 in in cumulative point rankings once he became the starter. Weeks 10-17 he was 8 and was usually in the 10-12 range.
NFL teams dont pick their starters based on fantasy football performance. HTH.
Really??? Gee, I thought they did. Are you saying that he isn't starter quality? Cause he is. Not great but starter quality.

'Frank Costanza said:
'Our Gang said:
Really??? Gee, I thought they did. Are you saying that he isn't starter quality? Cause he is. Not great but starter quality.
Derek Anderson 2.0

'Frank Costanza said:
'Our Gang said:
Derek Anderson 2.0
What ever happened to this guy?

'Frank Costanza said:
'Our Gang said:
Moore had the 6th highest passer rating in the second half of the season last year.

'Frank Costanza said:
'Our Gang said:
Derek Anderson 2.0
What ever happened to this guy?
He was exposed as a mediocre NFL QB who does not deserve consideration as anything more than a backup. I believe he is backing up Cam Newton.

Users who are viewing this thread