What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Cassell will outscore Aaron Rodgers this week. (1 Viewer)

Benching Jordy Nelson for Brandon LaFell.

Thinking about benching Romo for Cassell. TB defense looked good week 1 but Eli just put up 500 yards against them so ill probably end up starting Romo.

Might start Cassell over Vick@ARI or Peyton vs. Houston...

I have both QBs and even if I believed Cassell would score more (which I don't), I just couldn't do it.

I'm hoping for another 2TD day from Cassell so I can maybe trade him to a team starting Schaub or Cutler.

Benching Jordy Nelson for Brandon LaFell. Thinking about benching Romo for Cassell. TB defense looked good week 1 but Eli just put up 500 yards against them so ill probably end up starting Romo. Might start Cassell over Vick@ARI or Peyton vs. Houston...
Don't do it. Jordy is the kind of guy whose only valuable for the season when you play him every week. Otherwise you'll miss the 150/2 games because you got cute with match ups.

Good thing I read this thread, I went and adjust my rooster right away. What do you think I should do about my chickens?

Seattle has done a good job vs the pass, but they have played Arizona QBs and Romo. Romo is liable to throw a stinker any old time, and I don't consider them unstoppable. GB will not be able to run the ball at all, and therefore AR will have to throw 60 passes. He will be fine, and will have Jennings back. There is no way I am benching that

Starting Cassell over P Manning this week. Garbage time all star baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, so how did Cassel do against crappy secondaries last year?

Opp Score QBRat Yds Int TD

BUF L 7-41 64.5 119 1 1

@ DET L 3-48 44.5 133 3 0

@ SDG L 17-20 102.1 176 1 2

MIN W 22-17 102.7 260 0 1

@ IND W 28-24 138.9 257 0 4

@ OAK W 28-0 38.3 161 2 0

That didn't copy well but he had 4:3 TD:INT ratio and averaged 185 yards per game.

Meanwhile Rodgers had 300 yards and 2 TDs against the 49ers in week 1.

Complete fail of a thread.

:tfp:

'whatadai said:
Good thing I read this thread, I went and adjust my rooster right away. What do you think I should do about my chickens?
LOL! I'm not sure what he will suggest but I DO NOT suggest you go near any roosters and attempt to "adjust" them.

'tombonneau said:
'therush said:
Benching Jordy Nelson for Brandon LaFell. Thinking about benching Romo for Cassell. TB defense looked good week 1 but Eli just put up 500 yards against them so ill probably end up starting Romo. Might start Cassell over Vick@ARI or Peyton vs. Houston...
Don't do it. Jordy is the kind of guy whose only valuable for the season when you play him every week. Otherwise you'll miss the 150/2 games because you got cute with match ups.
Bench who ever Richard Sherman is covering.

Aaron Rodgers just doublechecked this dscounting you are doing on him and he does not agree.

I can see this on the surface but you did say "score more fantasy points" and that's where I think you might come up short because Green Bay IS going to be in this game to win it and I'd say there is a good chance every TD they get comes through the air.

Matt Cassell is the suck. Not sure how anyone could ever start Cassell over Rodgers. If Rodgers can't throw, he atleast offers rushing yards. Cassell is statuesque.

Matt Cassell is the suck. Not sure how anyone could ever start Cassell over Rodgers. If Rodgers can't throw, he atleast offers rushing yards. Cassell is statuesque.
Cassel has 45 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD so far in 2 games. That's pretty friggin' good.

Cassel has 45 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD so far in 2 games. That's pretty friggin' good.
The fact that he has lost a fumble in each of those games probably negates those 45 yds and a TD (if your league penalizes for lost fumbles).

The fact that he has lost a fumble in each of those games probably negates those 45 yds and a TD (if your league penalizes for lost fumbles).
You get -5 per fumble in your leagues?

Congrats, you recognized that one plays a crappy defense and the other plays a good one. Now in the 5% chance that you get lucky and are correct, I'm sure you'll want to be showered with praise. And when you're wrong, you'll crawl back into your hole until people forget.

2 lost fumbles = -2 points45 yards + 1 rushing TD = 10.5 points

From Sig's Twitter Post:

Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloom

uh oh. setback? RT @packers WR Greg Jennings not practicing Thurs. in portion of workout open to the media.

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

That offense is totally different without Jennings in the line-up. Hawks are going to roll.

So you project him for 8 rushing TDs this year?
No, I didn't saying anything about projecting him to have 8 TD's at year end.My point was that Cassel isn't as much of a statue as Warpig leads on.

Congrats, you recognized that one plays a crappy defense and the other plays a good one. Now in the 5% chance that you get lucky and are correct, I'm sure you'll want to be showered with praise. And when you're wrong, you'll crawl back into your hole until people forget.
:lmao: 5% chance I get lucky and I'm correct?Want to wager? You pay me $95 if I am right and I pay you $5 if I lose?

I have these two guys as my two QB's and I'm more than tempted to go with Cassel. I'm serious. It may happen before Sunday...

Money league and I have Rodgers & Smith(49ers fan). Some think Smith will have a better game against the Vikes than Rodgers. I'm not buying it. It's Aaron 'freaking' Rodgers and you'll be sorry when he explodes which could be this week. Don't forget he can also run the ball and will have 1 td on the ground and 3 through the air. I do like Smith to have a good game against the Vikes with Moss revisiting, but Moss may do nothing. Yet I'm still starting Rodgers. I just think his head's screwed on a little crooked now that he's won a SB & MVP so we're gonna unscrew his head and get it back into the hungry position and watch him work his magic. Monday night you'll see.

Money league and I have Rodgers & Smith(49ers fan). Some think Smith will have a better game against the Vikes than Rodgers. I'm not buying it. It's Aaron 'freaking' Rodgers and you'll be sorry when he explodes which could be this week. Don't forget he can also run the ball and will have 1 td on the ground and 3 through the air. I do like Smith to have a good game against the Vikes with Moss revisiting, but Moss may do nothing. Yet I'm still starting Rodgers. I just think his head's screwed on a little crooked now that he's won a SB & MVP so we're gonna unscrew his head and get it back into the hungry position and watch him work his magic. Monday night you'll see.
While the Vikings secondary is certainly bad which could allow Smith to have a big day, I think Smith will not be needed to put up big numbers for the 49ers to win this game. The 49er defense should be able to keep the Vikings from scoring much more than 20 points, meaning they can control the clock as they have been doing against the other NFC north teams this season. Aaron Rodgers will likely have close to twice the number of passing attempts as Smith this week. The Viking run defense is not what it once was either.ETA- I regret bumping a WDIS type thread. I just wanted to offer some homer perspective on this scenario.

Benching Jordy Nelson for Brandon LaFell.

Thinking about benching Romo for Cassell. TB defense looked good week 1 but Eli just put up 500 yards against them so ill probably end up starting Romo.

Might start Cassell over Vick@ARI or Peyton vs. Houston...
Ouch

I was/am tempted to start Cassel over Rivers at home, but I won't. He may have a higher ceiling due to match-up but the lower floor, and his lack of success vs. the NFC as whole scared me off.

'eoMMan said:
'PennStater77 said:
173 yards and a INT
Funny how these are your first posts in the thread. Where were you before the game started?I was wrong but am still smart enough to not start Matt Cassell over Aaron Rodgers. This thread is just a veiled WDIS because I was bored.
Fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread